Very disappointed with "update"

Guest NeutronIC

Guest NeutronIC

Hi all,

Well, I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with this so-called update to the LiveView - from what I have experienced this weekend it's absolutely no different to how it was before the update.

I've had two phone lock-ups (which is the most unacceptable thing, I can't afford my phone freezing up on me at random times) and all kinds of difficulty getting the two things to talk to each other.

This afternoon I uninstalled all the liveview stuff, rebooted and re-installed. re-paired and re-connected it and all was fine. Within two hours my phone was frozen again.

Until such time as Sony Ericsson can work out how to release a product that actually DOES work i've removed it from my phone to free up the desperately needed space (Desire on Orange UK). I'll wait and see how the next update (if there is one) does and then see about reinstalling it. I'm so disappointed, the product has enormous potential but has been totally messed up by, from what I can see, software errors (I'm a software engineer myself).

Maybe SE should consider open sourcing the software so that others can try and assist them. I don't so much care about the loss of connectivity, it's a pain but not a show stopper - but freezing my phone up and causing me to have to pull the battery to get it working again is completely unworkable (I've tried, twice it froze up during a call or while the phone was ringing).

Ugh. Rant over.

Matt.

Guest NeutronIC

Slept on it and realised that I could try it without any plugins at all. Different people seem to have success by not using one or more of various plugins, plus I note from other discussions here that WhereAmI has gone from the market place and I *did* try using that yesterday (it had worked flawlessly in the past I should add).

So, re-installed, re-paired, all plugins gone and/or disabled. So far today it's remained connected, we'll see how it does by the end of the day.

*fingers crossed*

Matt.

Guest vinokirk

I have the Dell Streak - UK Unlocked - And ive found the new software quite good. Its gone from 3/10 to 6/10 in my eyes. The connection still drops sometimes but it reconnects quickly.

Why cant SE just release something that works 10/10 or at least 9/10?

Guest Diggedy

The first day of use after the update was hideous but after removing the plugins and starting again its actually working well (desire). One of the roms ive tried had really bad freeze ups, but the stock rom was fine for a full day so now im just playing about with it to see what works.

so far im almost happy with it now, still a few bugs but its a move in the right direction. Im still surprised they released it with so many issues though

Guest NeutronIC
The first day of use after the update was hideous but after removing the plugins and starting again its actually working well (desire). One of the roms ive tried had really bad freeze ups, but the stock rom was fine for a full day so now im just playing about with it to see what works.

so far im almost happy with it now, still a few bugs but its a move in the right direction. Im still surprised they released it with so many issues though

Must admit today hasn't been too bad at all with no plugins installed. Not perfect, had a couple of times where it had to reconnect and wouldn't, swore at it a couple of times and left it be then tried it 10 minutes later and it eventually connected. Thus far today I think only once i've been convinced it was dead and then after half an hour or so I tried again and it worked - all other times it's reconnected no problem.

It very much sounds like they need to bring up the robustness of their API so that 3rd party plugins can't knacker it because so far today it's doing the job much better.

That said, without any plugins it doesn't actually *do* much ;)

Matt.

Guest Diggedy

ive found it really starts to fail when music is playing. When using sportypal pro it seems ok but as soon as I add music as well it tends to start slowing down ie. takes a while for the screen to refresh and will even disconnect a few times.

Guest vinokirk
I have the Dell Streak - UK Unlocked - And ive found the new software quite good. Its gone from 3/10 to 6/10 in my eyes. The connection still drops sometimes but it reconnects quickly.

Why cant SE just release something that works 10/10 or at least 9/10?

Yeah after a bit playing withit i revise it to 4.5/10

• 1 month later...
Guest wyxwyx
Yeah after a bit playing withit i revise it to 4.5/10

Which ROM version of Streak?

Please write me more about the connection and functioning...stability.

• 7 months later...
Guest PrakashDavid

After reading a lot of reviews, I still decided to get the LiveView and ordered it and it finally arrived today. I charged it for 2 hours and when the LED went green, unplugged it and tried pressing the button to pair it and the device won't even turn on. I've been struggling for past 2 hours to get it to turn on but in vain. I'm packing up the device to return it and get a replacement. Have anyone had this problem with their new device? I even tried the 15 second reset method but nothing is working. The LED glows only when it's charging and turns from red to green but that's all it does. Any help would be nice. BTW, my phone is Xperia Play.