A definative list of proven Vega accessories.

Guest ztips72

• 1 month later...
Guest Yogimax

My brother pointed me to a kitchen wall/cupboard mount for the Vega which has an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)!!

post-803223-1307872402_thumb.jpgpost-803223-1307872435_thumb.jpg

When the Vega isn't attached it is nearly invisible as you can see from the second photo. It is from an american company www.thepadtab.com and is available from eBay at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPad-2-Wall-Mount-Pa...=item2a11449829 It took about a week for delivery.

The price after conversion works out about £15.50 - worth it for the acceptance and wife contentment alone... I am now able to quickly hook up my Vega whilst cooking and watch a bit of iPlayer or a video, then quickly remove it again with little trace. To cope with the restricted viewing angles of the Vega and because the PadTab is so small I was even allowed to stick it on the front of a cupboard which I can swing out to see better!

Enjoy

Edited by Yogimax

Guest G0OSE
My brother pointed me to a kitchen wall/cupboard mount for the Vega which has an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)!!

post-803223-1307872402_thumb.jpgpost-803223-1307872435_thumb.jpg

When the Vega isn't attached it is nearly invisible as you can see from the second photo. It is from an american company www.thepadtab.com and is available from eBay at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPad-2-Wall-Mount-Pa...=item2a11449829 It took about a week for delivery.

The price after conversion works out about £15.50 - worth it for the acceptance and wife contentment alone... I am now able to quickly hook up my Vega whilst cooking and watch a bit of iPlayer or a video, then quickly remove it again with little trace. To cope with the restricted viewing angles of the Vega and because the PadTab is so small I was even allowed to stick it on the front of a cupboard which I can swing out to see better!

Enjoy

Looks great! Are you are your partner using it for cooking recipes?

Dunno if you'd heard of it but there's a great little app available which is a digital cookbook, Digital Recipe Sidekick (don't let the dodgy icon put you off!) LINK

There are some great features, like being able to import recipes from the web so you won't have to type them in!

It also seems to be able to read the recipe/instructions out to you (and you can control it by voice) but I haven't fathomed that out properly yet (or it doesn't work on vegacomb)

Edited by G0OSE

Guest mitchb23
I`m using this case for my Vega:Nowsupplier

Cost was £6.22 and it fits the vega well , can also be used as a stand with adjustable angle. It does cover the camera and USB/HDMI ports though which I don`t find a problem as I rarely use these. The charging port isn`t covered so the vega can be left in the case for charging. Takes a few weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but brilliant for the cost. I believe the same case can be purchased on EBay from a UK supplier but the cost is higher.

Ordered one of these from nowsupplier howevre 40 days later order status hasnt changed from pending and I have opened a paypal dispute as emails to seller have been unanswered

Guest Yogimax
Looks great! Are you are your partner using it for cooking recipes?

Dunno if you'd heard of it but there's a great little app available which is a digital cookbook, Digital Recipe Sidekick (don't let the dodgy icon put you off!) LINK

There are some great features, like being able to import recipes from the web so you won't have to type them in!

It also seems to be able to read the recipe/instructions out to you (and you can control it by voice) but I haven't fathomed that out properly yet (or it doesn't work on vegacomb)

I use "My Cookbook" for recipes at https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.co...e=search_result

It does the same sort of stuff, including importing from nearly any website with pictures.

Guest DrScouse

Anyone found any good screen protectors, the only ones Ive seen look really thick... Im after a thin film, such as invisishield? A silicon case would also be useful for round the house use...

• 2 months later...

Ok, will repeat my post from the accessory thread here:

I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...

You can find a couple of pics of it on the Accessories tab on the Toshiba website...

;)

However, (hold on, sit tight, here it comes) one picture is missing on that site!

You can fold the case so that your vega sits in a 30 degree angle (approx.), perfect for typing!

:D

I made a picture of the user instructions on the packaging:

post-205359-1296478459_thumb.jpg

Part 2 shows what I'm talking about...

Another great pro of this case is the velcro it uses to lock the device inside...

I tried and concluded: I won't fall out!

;)

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...

But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...

Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Can you take a few pix of your advent in this case, thinking of getting it but not too sure. thanks

Guest shutdown

I got the official vega case from pcworld. Saw it on offer in store for £12.

can't fault it that much. Currently holds it nicely and even has my daughters kindle in the pouch sometimes too.

only wish it stood up better

• 6 months later...
Guest RussWWFC

I have bought a few things for my Vega:

First the 2 that were a waste of cash:

Official Screen Protector from PC World http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/screen-protector-pack-for-advent-vega-08638394-pdt.html

Gave the screen have a horrible matte finish, and didn't include the black cloth that it said it did. Was off and in the bin within an hour of it being fitted. A waste of £2.99

ROM Manager Premium (from the Android Market)

Bought to simplify changing Rom (but there are no roms that are downloadable from within the app. A waste of £3.99

One thing that has worked:

Cleaning fluid and cloth from Poundland (£1)

Great for cleaning your screen and getting a streak free finish

In transit

Plate stand that was mentioned earlier in the thread

10" Tablet Keyboard Case http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320840727651#ht_4690wt_918

£9.93

Edited by RussWWFC

• 1 month later...
Guest con500

Hi' I know this is an older thread but just wondered if anyone knew of any proven "working" chargers/power supply units for the vega....I have recently received a 2nd vega from currys/pc world ebay outlet but it has come with a faulty power supply. They have offered a refund but not a replacement as they have no more vegas in stock

Went out today and picked up one of the universal 12v chargers with different attatchments which fitted & vega charge light flashes but fails to charge the vega also screen is non responsive when this is plugged in.

Cheers Folks

Edited by con500

Guest randan

My power adapter developed a dodgy wire fault after someone repeatedly wrapped the cable round the plug - soooo annoying so I bought this one for £8.95 delivered and it works perfectly http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220794905650?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

I had an official Advent case but left it behind when I was on holiday so I ordered this one for £7.95 delivered which is not official but is exactly the same as my old one and could not be a better fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Advent-Vega-PU-Leather-Case-Stand-Function-Black-/251064861097?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item3a74a1c1a9