Photo

A definative list of proven Vega accessories.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Devices:TMobile G2

Picked one of these up £14.99 in Carphone warehouse http://www.targus.co...level1=products Vega fits perfectly

If the back rest of this was cut down and filed/sanded smooth that could alter to the angle you wanted.

Jisonga

Jisonga

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of tech gadgets, Motor Sport and sim racing.
  • Devices:Gallaxy S2 & ASUS TF 101.
I popped into my local Maplin store today and brought a book stand for a fiver which holds the Vega just fine and with adjustable angles i can use it for both watching videos and like now typing.

It is more than sturdy enough to support the Vega and i will be sticking with it until proper dock from Advent comes along.

Here is a web link for picture and details - http://www.maplin.co...y-holder-505468

Jason.

Posted By Jason a rooted Galaxy S2 & Asus TF 101 user.

Leanne.williams38

Leanne.williams38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:advent vega

I`m using this case for my Vega:Nowsupplier

Cost was £6.22 and it fits the vega well , can also be used as a stand with adjustable angle. It does cover the camera and USB/HDMI ports though which I don`t find a problem as I rarely use these. The charging port isn`t covered so the vega can be left in the case for charging. Takes a few weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but brilliant for the cost. I believe the same case can be purchased on EBay from a UK supplier but the cost is higher.

Thanks for this info, just ordered one and now anxiously awaiting its arrival.

chockimon

chockimon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I bought one of these keyboard tablet leather cases. Ideal and looks good and the keyboard works. Nice price as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item4aaa6328a7

Vansphone

Vansphone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
This is a great idea for a thread. I have tried to read through the existing accessories thread but it is too long and full of things which are not successful. Having a thread devoted only to accessories that are known to work is great.

Personally, I am looking for a replacement for the standard Vega case, so I will read this thread with interest.

Dave Marchant

Dave Marchant

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@dave_wgs
I have a neporene slipcase made by Contour Design. It is normally intended for a netbook, but is a perfect fit for the Vega - http://www.cancomuk....681a404afd60a8d

Dave Marchant

Dave Marchant

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Twitter:@dave_wgs
Sorry, duplicate post.

Edited by Dave Marchant, 01 May 2011 - 07:56 PM.

aj2703

aj2703

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I bought one of these keyboard tablet leather cases. Ideal and looks good and the keyboard works. Nice price as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item4aaa6328a7

That work fine does it chockimon..?. I have been thinking of getting that myself but was worried about the fit and weather the keyboard would work?.

Panayioti

Panayioti

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Found this great case for th vega on ebay,might get one!
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item4aaa641f2d

Yogimax

Yogimax

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Devices:HTC One; Advent Vega
My brother pointed me to a kitchen wall/cupboard mount for the Vega which has an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)!!

Attached File  IMAG0057.jpg   784.59KB   48 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0059.jpg   698.12KB   60 downloads

When the Vega isn't attached it is nearly invisible as you can see from the second photo. It is from an american company www.thepadtab.com and is available from eBay at http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2a11449829 It took about a week for delivery.

The price after conversion works out about £15.50 - worth it for the acceptance and wife contentment alone... I am now able to quickly hook up my Vega whilst cooking and watch a bit of iPlayer or a video, then quickly remove it again with little trace. To cope with the restricted viewing angles of the Vega and because the PadTab is so small I was even allowed to stick it on the front of a cupboard which I can swing out to see better!

Enjoy

Edited by Yogimax, 12 June 2011 - 10:02 AM.

Bazabaza

Bazabaza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Dell Streak
Looks good

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

G0OSE

G0OSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung Galaxy s

My brother pointed me to a kitchen wall/cupboard mount for the Vega which has an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)!!

Attached File  IMAG0057.jpg   784.59KB   48 downloadsAttached File  IMAG0059.jpg   698.12KB   60 downloads

When the Vega isn't attached it is nearly invisible as you can see from the second photo. It is from an american company www.thepadtab.com and is available from eBay at http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2a11449829 It took about a week for delivery.

The price after conversion works out about £15.50 - worth it for the acceptance and wife contentment alone... I am now able to quickly hook up my Vega whilst cooking and watch a bit of iPlayer or a video, then quickly remove it again with little trace. To cope with the restricted viewing angles of the Vega and because the PadTab is so small I was even allowed to stick it on the front of a cupboard which I can swing out to see better!

Enjoy

Looks great! Are you are your partner using it for cooking recipes?
Dunno if you'd heard of it but there's a great little app available which is a digital cookbook, Digital Recipe Sidekick (don't let the dodgy icon put you off!) LINK
There are some great features, like being able to import recipes from the web so you won't have to type them in!
It also seems to be able to read the recipe/instructions out to you (and you can control it by voice) but I haven't fathomed that out properly yet (or it doesn't work on vegacomb)

Edited by G0OSE, 12 June 2011 - 11:15 AM.

mitchb23

mitchb23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I`m using this case for my Vega:Nowsupplier

Cost was £6.22 and it fits the vega well , can also be used as a stand with adjustable angle. It does cover the camera and USB/HDMI ports though which I don`t find a problem as I rarely use these. The charging port isn`t covered so the vega can be left in the case for charging. Takes a few weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but brilliant for the cost. I believe the same case can be purchased on EBay from a UK supplier but the cost is higher.

Ordered one of these from nowsupplier howevre 40 days later order status hasnt changed from pending and I have opened a paypal dispute as emails to seller have been unanswered

Yogimax

Yogimax

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Devices:HTC One; Advent Vega

Looks great! Are you are your partner using it for cooking recipes?
Dunno if you'd heard of it but there's a great little app available which is a digital cookbook, Digital Recipe Sidekick (don't let the dodgy icon put you off!) LINK
There are some great features, like being able to import recipes from the web so you won't have to type them in!
It also seems to be able to read the recipe/instructions out to you (and you can control it by voice) but I haven't fathomed that out properly yet (or it doesn't work on vegacomb)

I use "My Cookbook" for recipes at https://market.andro...e=search_result

It does the same sort of stuff, including importing from nearly any website with pictures.

DrScouse

DrScouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Anyone found any good screen protectors, the only ones Ive seen look really thick... Im after a thin film, such as invisishield? A silicon case would also be useful for round the house use...

derffie

derffie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:Advent vega
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_2073wt_1156

Just thought I'd add this, if you a vega artist, go for this bad boy, well worth the cash. It is as good as your finger and sketching is a pleasure.

Gordon Freeman's stunt double....Available for hire. Birthdays. Weddings. and Bar Mitzvahs.

trl002

trl002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok, will repeat my post from the accessory thread here:

I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...
You can find a couple of pics of it on the Accessories tab on the Toshiba website...
;)

However, (hold on, sit tight, here it comes) one picture is missing on that site!
You can fold the case so that your vega sits in a 30 degree angle (approx.), perfect for typing!
:D

I made a picture of the user instructions on the packaging:

Part 2 shows what I'm talking about...

Another great pro of this case is the velcro it uses to lock the device inside...
I tried and concluded: I won't fall out!
;)

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...
But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...
Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Can you take a few pix of your advent in this case, thinking of getting it but not too sure. thanks

shutdown

shutdown

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:C500
I got the official vega case from pcworld. Saw it on offer in store for £12.

can't fault it that much. Currently holds it nicely and even has my daughters kindle in the pouch sometimes too.

only wish it stood up better

RussWWFC

RussWWFC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, TV, Music, Footy (Wycombe Wanderers)
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega
I have bought a few things for my Vega:

First the 2 that were a waste of cash:

Official Screen Protector from PC World http://www.pcworld.c...638394-pdt.html
Gave the screen have a horrible matte finish, and didn't include the black cloth that it said it did. Was off and in the bin within an hour of it being fitted. A waste of £2.99

ROM Manager Premium (from the Android Market)
Bought to simplify changing Rom (but there are no roms that are downloadable from within the app. A waste of £3.99

One thing that has worked:

Cleaning fluid and cloth from Poundland (£1)
Great for cleaning your screen and getting a streak free finish

In transit

Plate stand that was mentioned earlier in the thread

10" Tablet Keyboard Case http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1#ht_4690wt_918
£9.93

Edited by RussWWFC, 23 March 2012 - 02:25 PM.

con500

con500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hi' I know this is an older thread but just wondered if anyone knew of any proven "working" chargers/power supply units for the vega....I have recently received a 2nd vega from currys/pc world ebay outlet but it has come with a faulty power supply. They have offered a refund but not a replacement as they have no more vegas in stock

Went out today and picked up one of the universal 12v chargers with different attatchments which fitted & vega charge light flashes but fails to charge the vega also screen is non responsive when this is plugged in.

Cheers Folks

Edited by con500, 17 May 2012 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users