[BIN] Acer Liquid Metal BIN Collection

Guest vache

Guest mister_sleeper
Server back, i had some difficulties to pay for it.

server up, I've downloaded the bin.

thank you for your work Vache!

Guest ilnaeas

Hey There,

Was looking to update by Liquid MT to 2.3, and this site looked promising... Just curious, will it make any difference that I'm over in Canada, or will the ROMs be the same? Not wanting to brick my phone here. I'm with Rogers in Canada if that helps at all...

Thanks in advance,

Ilnaeas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest samskies

Hi have you got a bin for 1.100.56? If not is there another I could use? Ive tried 1.100.35 but the android logo just loads continuously. Help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pandra

I'm really confused about this. I don't know what the differences are between the various files. Whats AAP, or EMEA? etc... I would be devastated to use the wrong one and stuff up my phone which I only just bought today :)

[edit] Persistence pays off. I'm in Australia, therefore I always need Gen2 AAP versions.

A comment. Gingerbread might be fabulous and all but it eats massive amounts of what is not much RAM, so I am going to downgrade. Only having 24mb left even after I move a bunch of stuff to the SD card.. just not really worth it for a phone I'll be using as a backup,

Edited by pandra

Guest bentbot

[edit] Persistence pays off. I'm in Australia, therefore I always need Gen2 AAP versions.

I had a GEN1 2.3.4 ROM installed earlier and it worked. Perhaps it meant I was limited to 2100MHz 3G, no 850?

A comment. Gingerbread might be fabulous and all but it eats massive amounts of what is not much RAM, so I am going to downgrade.

Thats flash, not RAM. The MT has 512MB of RAM as well, which seems OK. If you run out of RAM, it will start killing apps that you have paused in the background.

You can free up flash by deleting acer apps, and moving others to the SD card.

Guest pandra

Thats flash, not RAM. The MT has 512MB of RAM as well, which seems OK. If you run out of RAM, it will start killing apps that you have paused in the background.

You can free up flash by deleting acer apps, and moving others to the SD card.

Re flash.. ram... wherever the apps get installed. I moved a bunch to the card, but it didnt help all that much. I dont have root so am unable to do anything with the stock apps. all efforts to root (see my new thread on the issue, just posted) have defeated me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mikelete

New (I mean, it's not in the first post) ROM on the Acer (Spanish) website: OS_Acer_4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1_A23G_A.zip

Edited by mikelete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest akasma74

I have a GEN3 phone and i have no idea what to do. Will flashing with a GEN2 version help?

help with what? you need to be more descriptive if you expect a reasonable answer

• 2 weeks later...