[THEMES] Themes for Sebastian's de-crossed r0.2

Guest jt_mcg

Guest Bluedriver
Yeah, I got stuck in!

I did use your newest scripts and I saw that Amon Ra isn't working that's why I put clockwork 2.5.1.8 and 3.x.x.x in the op.

I suppose some people don't bother reading that though.;)

:D hoo that's why I cant install these themes, I'm using Amon Ra... ;)

yeh you're right, I should read before saying something sorry :D

but now im with "Elegant Steel" for Jelly and everything works well, do you think I'm going to have problems?

:D hoo that's why I cant install these themes, I'm using Amon Ra... ;)

yeh you're right, I should read before saying something sorry ;)

but now im with "Elegant Steel" for Jelly and everything works well, do you think I'm going to have problems?

Obviously it hasn't blown up your phone and in the tiny amount of framework-res.apk I've edited they look nearly identical. That being said, anything that is different in framework-res.apk or services.jar and possibly working better in this base firmware than the Japanese one will be overwritten by using themes for jellyfish.

I don't think Sebastian would have gone through the effort of releasing de-crossed rather than progressing with de-softened if he didn't see reason to. Whether any of the reasons are in these files, I honestly don't know because I didn't compare every file out of the 100s or 1000s present in the .apk or .jar file.

Here is my MNML theme for Sebs Decrossed. ;)

MNML Theme

77c7a86c58812c3a6adda01d0cf39bfd0297676a34ab5e5125fea24003c4adf26g.jpg

Download MNML Theme

Much Appreciated!, When I saw it in JJ thread, I was salivating on porting it over for personal use! I love the modded Revo pulldown.

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Frankish

Yeah well i was doing all the roms at once and i had the de-crossed files and though "i hope i'm not treading on jt's toes here but i might aswell port it to that too ;)

The whole thing is pieced together from bits of Revo, 2 other minimalist themes from other devices and just a few edits myself ;) Really pleased with it. It's actually my current setup. I do plan on updating it to remove most the orange highlights, make them all white, grey and blacks.

Yeah well i was doing all the roms at once and i had the de-crossed files and though "i hope i'm not treading on jt's toes here but i might aswell port it to that too ;)

The whole thing is pieced together from bits of Revo, 2 other minimalist themes from other devices and just a few edits myself ;) Really pleased with it. It's actually my current setup. I do plan on updating it to remove most the orange highlights, make them all white, grey and blacks.

No treading on my toes at all, I really appreciate it and I hope others do too. It's nice to have something so simple and unobtrusive. I'm thinking/reading about how to do some of the system apps and widgets, but maybe I should learn how to walk before I run!

Guest Frankish
No treading on my toes at all, I really appreciate it and I hope others do too. It's nice to have something so simple and unobtrusive. I'm thinking/reading about how to do some of the system apps and widgets, but maybe I should learn how to walk before I run!

Most system app theming is exactly the same, most of it is just image replacing!

Most system app theming is exactly the same, most of it is just image replacing!

Looks that way! I've been on xda browsing some of the redone apps in my free time today, I saw a nice black and white market that looks like it would be simple enough to do or maybe take it and resign it if that would work, and the quicksearch widget would be fairly easy to do I'm thinking.

I've already poached a transparent b & w icon genie widget, but I saw a fully modded news and weather that would be cool too.

I've just decompiled smartdailer, it's going to be a pain though because it's obviously image editing rather than replacing and crediting, I may have to switch to the standard dialer and make it easier!

Guest jasonXXx

Hmm if these themes are for de_crossed why are thay using a different framework-res.apk all the hdpi folders and mdpi folders are named different?

Example de_crossed stock framework as drawable-hdpi folder in it and your themes have drawable-hdpi-v4 why have you used a different framework?

Edited by jasonXXx

Hmm if these themes are for de_crossed why are thay using a different framework-res.apk all the hdpi folders and mdpi folders are named different?

Example de_crossed stock framework as drawable-hdpi folder in it and your themes have drawable-hdpi-v4 why have you used a different framework?

I haven't used a different framework, these are made from decompiling Seb's stock framework. I think the v4 suffix comes from apktool's decompiling process.

I've started looking at theming other apps, and although I didn't notice that aspect when I was doing these themes, the decompiling process changes folder names from hdpi to hdpi-v4 in many of those.

Guest jasonXXx
I haven't used a different framework, these are made from decompiling Seb's stock framework. I think the v4 suffix comes from apktool's decompiling process.

I've started looking at theming other apps, and although I didn't notice that aspect when I was doing these themes, the decompiling process changes folder names from hdpi to hdpi-v4 in many of those.

Ok thanks for replay.

Guest jasonXXx
Not a problem, If you decide to install one I hope you enjoy it!

Ok thanks i know im asking alot but im thinking of using genx theme i have checked in the hdpi folder compared to the stock fraimwork and excluding the battery icons as there is loads lol there is also some other extra icons can these be removed or not i can do this my self? and what other changes are made to the framework and service.jar sorry i just like to know whats been changed and if needed clean it thanks.

For example in your theme there are extra am.png pm.png and there is 4 progressbar_indeterminate.pngs instead of 3.

Edited by jasonXXx

Ok thanks i know im asking alot but im thinking of using genx theme i have checked in the hdpi folder compared to the stock fraimwork and excluding the battery icons as there is loads lol there is also some other extra icons can these be removed or not i can do this my self? and what other changes are made to the framework and service.jar sorry i just like to know whats been changed and if needed clean it thanks.

For example in your theme there are extra am.png pm.png and there is 4 progressbar_indeterminate.pngs instead of 3.

You can take out all the images you want, of course it probably won't boot then, but let me know how it goes!

About 15-20 characters were changed (out of probably 500,000 or more) in services.jar, the ones to make the clock white and the ones to allow for a transparent pull down.

I've only used this theme on my phone for about ten minutes, enough to know it boots and that it will restore correctly from a clockwork backup, but one thing I did notice was that the progress bar on downloads etc was fancier than normal requiring an extra .png I suspect. I bet in some app somwhere, there's an xml call for the "extra" clock pngs where the genx theme likes to have black ones say for aesthetic purposes, another app requires white ones.

To be perfectly honest, I don't have the answer to your question and I apologise for that, but it seems that apktool has a lot of built in protection against building/recompiling bad frameworks and other apps, ie if there is an image that is required and not present it will fail, throwing heaps of red text at you and not build the apk. What I did was add the xml for the extra fancier things in this theme like the battery indicator and progress bar and added the necessary images for apktool to recompile the app cleanly and without errors. Then I copied the rest of the images from the genx framework into the zip, overwriting the images left over from stock.

If you didn't notice in the stock framework, there are a lot of extra pngs as well, notably all of those in the mdpi folder that are not used, did you call someone in Mountain View and ask about getting those removed for us as well?

If you make the leap of faith and install this let me know if you like it and if there are anyways I can improve it, otherwise more of your questions can be answered in the links below!

Original GenX theme

Guide to making themes

Edited by jt_mcg

Ok thanks for replay no offence meant.

None taken, I actually installed it again and noticed that the default clear button text wasn't very clear so I changed it. OP link updated.

What's the significance of the (m2) Custom in your sig?

Guest jasonXXx
None taken, I actually installed it again and noticed that the default clear button text wasn't very clear so I changed it. OP link updated.

What's the significance of the (m2) Custom in your sig?

Lol not much i have added bash added a userinit script removed some useless apps change some build.prop options enabled HW changed dalvik VM to 32 added script to mount unmount sys and added script to reboot to recovery done some small mods to framework trans pulldown changed signal icons and wallpaper etc added multitouch distinct for google maps removed zte comments in build.prop and all boot.img script and generally cleaned them a bit other small stuff. As you can tell from my questions with themes etc im a clean freak lol.

Lol not much i have added bash added a userinit script removed some useless apps change some build.prop options enabled HW changed dalvik VM to 32 added script to mount unmount sys and added script to reboot to recovery done some small mods to framework trans pulldown changed signal icons and wallpaper etc added multitouch distinct for google maps removed zte comments in build.prop and all boot.img script and generally cleaned them a bit other small stuff. As you can tell from my questions with themes etc im a clean freak lol.

Guess so!

I've done a lot of the same on past ROMs but never dreamed of unpacking the boot.img to delete commented out files!

TBH, you probably could have made your own custom theme in less time than you spent scrutinizing this one lol. You could have even cleaned out all of the commented out lines in services.jar. (jk)

Guest jasonXXx
Guess so!

I've done a lot of the same on past ROMs but never dreamed of unpacking the boot.img to delete commented out files!

TBH, you probably could have made your own custom theme in less time than you spent scrutinizing this one lol. You could have even cleaned out all of the commented out lines in services.jar. (jk)

Themeing is the least part i know about i was just trying to understand how it works etc.

Edit 1

I had to unpack the boot.img to add userinit.sh so thought i might clean it up a bit.

Edited by jasonXXx

Themeing is the least part i know about i was just trying to understand how it works etc.

Edit 1

I had to unpack the boot.img to add userinit.sh so thought i might clean it up a bit.

Duh, I suppose that seems more reasonable!

Guest jr866gooner

I would quite like a status bar like the default white one but with a blue battery not green, really like the shape of the default one but in blue is this easily done

Guest Frankish
I would quite like a status bar like the default white one but with a blue battery not green, really like the shape of the default one but in blue is this easily done

Ridiculously easy. What sort or blue like a dark blue or a cyan?