Working phones and roms - please post here

Guest Diggedy

Guest Diggedy

I just thought id start this with the hope people will post their successes or not so successes with the live view. Hopefully it will help people who are looking to buy one or who already own one and are looking to upgrade their phone.

Im currently using a HTC desire and so far it works fine with the stock rom, Reflextsense HD 1.7 rom, and insertcoin 1.8f rom. It doesnt work with CM7

Guest NeutronIC
I just thought id start this with the hope people will post their successes or not so successes with the live view. Hopefully it will help people who are looking to buy one or who already own one and are looking to upgrade their phone.

Im currently using a HTC desire and so far it works fine with the stock rom, Reflextsense HD 1.7 rom, and insertcoin 1.8f rom. It doesnt work with CM7

I'm using HTC Desire, Orange UK, stock rom upgraded to Froyo by Orange/HTC so still stock. It was rooted BEFORE the upgrade and lost root after the upgrade (and I haven't seen much point in re-rooting it).

So far with NO plugins installed, performance has been more than acceptable, barely any battery use today either from what the watch is telling me.

Matt.

Guest NeutronIC
I'm using HTC Desire, Orange UK, stock rom upgraded to Froyo by Orange/HTC so still stock. It was rooted BEFORE the upgrade and lost root after the upgrade (and I haven't seen much point in re-rooting it).

So far with NO plugins installed, performance has been more than acceptable, barely any battery use today either from what the watch is telling me.

Matt.

Spoke too soon.

Phone froze up on me on the way home last night.

I've got the watch on and with me again today to see if it repeats. Battery life continues to be excellent so far but then i'm rarely if ever touching the watch.

Had numerous difficulties getting re-connected though (for instance I just thought i'd check it again while writing this and it's giving up and timing out trying to talk to the phone sitting on the desk 4 inches from my wrist).

Disable and re-enable bluetooth on the phone and then the watch can reconnect again.

They are definitely a long way from having this solved.

Matt.

Guest de_MarK
Spoke too soon.

Phone froze up on me on the way home last night.

I've got the watch on and with me again today to see if it repeats. Battery life continues to be excellent so far but then i'm rarely if ever touching the watch.

Had numerous difficulties getting re-connected though (for instance I just thought i'd check it again while writing this and it's giving up and timing out trying to talk to the phone sitting on the desk 4 inches from my wrist).

Disable and re-enable bluetooth on the phone and then the watch can reconnect again.

They are definitely a long way from having this solved.

Matt.

Connection issues are caused by some bugs in the LiveView Application. Definitely it's not a plugins' fault.

Guest NeutronIC
Connection issues are caused by some bugs in the LiveView Application. Definitely it's not a plugins' fault.

Not currently working at all, can't connect. Tried resetting bluetooth on the phone and that's had no impact this time.

I give up! ;)

Matt.

Guest Diggedy

I still have some issues with my phone freezing up after about 6 hours connection but my moneys on a memory leak in the application, only problem is it freezes so badly I cant check the memory usage. A reboot of both devices though and its back to normal

Guest NeutronIC
I still have some issues with my phone freezing up after about 6 hours connection but my moneys on a memory leak in the application, only problem is it freezes so badly I cant check the memory usage. A reboot of both devices though and its back to normal

I've not had any freezes so far today but i've had a number of instances where I just couldn't convince the watch to connect. Either toggling bluetooth on the phone will fix it normally OR earlier I had to restart the watch AND toggle bluetooth before it would connect again.

Matt.

Guest de_MarK
I've not had any freezes so far today but i've had a number of instances where I just couldn't convince the watch to connect. Either toggling bluetooth on the phone will fix it normally OR earlier I had to restart the watch AND toggle bluetooth before it would connect again.

Matt.

I'm using Desire just like you are. A source of connection problems can be easily identified in the device log - look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=238

Only difference is that my phone is not freezing anymore after uninstalling LiveWare Manager.

• 3 weeks later...

Galaxy Spica i5700

+2.1 Samdroid mod from V2 kitchen is working fine

-2.2 CM 8.3 ROM versions are disconnecting with locked screen, random disconnects with unlocked (keep alive) screen (maybe I had not enough free RAM :huh: )

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Uzi74

I've changed my phone recently:

Motorola Defy 2.51.1 (Blur_Version.2.51.1.MB525VF360Blur.Vodafone.en.DE) is working with the LiveView just perfect!

No disconnects at all, reliable reconnect, much more responsive than my Spica was

Stock Music player is also controlled fine

Guest Diggedy
I've changed my phone recently:

Motorola Defy 2.51.1 (Blur_Version.2.51.1.MB525VF360Blur.Vodafone.en.DE) is working with the LiveView just perfect!

No disconnects at all, reliable reconnect, much more responsive than my Spica was

Stock Music player is also controlled fine

are you still finding it good after a few days of use?

Has anyone tried it with the new HTC incredible S?

Guest Diggedy

Im confirming the Defy works really really well with the liveview.

I tested it with my brothers defy and I was very impressed so I went and bought one. Ive had it connected for two days and the only issue I had was my phone suddenly started freezing, however I had sportypal, double twist and the camera app all in use, not to mention im feeding rss, facebook and twitter feeds to it every 15 minutes. When double twist force closed the phone sprang back to life so it might not have even been the liveview.

All in all im now very impressed with it, it works better than I actually expected

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diggedy

Ive just bought a sony ericsson xperia arc. Believe it or not its been playing up like crazy! It wouldnt reconnect or anything. Ive just reflashed the liveview and so far its now playing nice but ill be keeping an eye on it

Guest Diggedy

Been playing with it for best part of a week and it does not play well with the Arc. Disconnects after around 15 minutes and wont reconnect unless you unlock the screen....

Not good when its working fine with a competitors phone but not their own!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest manatm

X10i on miuiandroid_XPERIA_1.8.26-TripNRaVeR work's fine, but not on miui 1.9.2 & 1.9.16

X10i on Lion'sFury2.3.7.zip+Furyupdate1.zip work's fine.

Edited by manatm

• 2 weeks later...

I was shopping in CVS today. For months this store has been out of stock on the Sylvania 7" tablet. Today I noticed that new stock had arrived.<br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; "><br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; ">I didn't have time to ask about this device nor to ask about the price. <br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; "><br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; ">The box identifies the tablet as a Mini Tablet EXPRESS "Plus". I noticed that the Android version is 2.2. Rather than the usual landscape view of the tablet, this box graphics of this "Plus" version now shows a portrait layout similar to the ereaders currently out.<br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; "><br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; ">Has anyone else seen or know anything about this current Sylvania tablet? I went to the Digital Gadgets website but they still have only the information about the previous non Plus version.<br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; "><br style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; ">Just wondering.

Edited by lisaxu

• 4 months later...