I have Cancelled My Adam Via CC Chargeback

Guest amarko5

Guest amarko5

Cannot abide any more lies untruths and delays

not even the decency to reply to emails

here is something i posted to Rohan the CEO.

"Hand on heart

I have followed this product from inception to the current day, I really (at the begining ) thought this is fantastic as a product and a Great business model / Ideal / Notion. However that has certainly changed the longer this has continued.

Red flags should have started when things on the device started to change, some commented on, but most not :-( and certainly the more controversial ones (matt glass) Glossed over (no pun intended) :-)

I too have been blinded by the faith in NI to deliver a great product ,and a great customer experience ,that unfortuntely does not appear to be the case.

Rohan has shown himself to MODIFY the Truth ( perhaps the fanbois wont flame me for that ) on far to many occasions. and if his counting and percentage calculations are as bad as he demonstrates, then the business cannot possibly survive sa he must think there are millions in the bank when in fact there are tens.

perhaps you all think $600 dollars in my case, is an acceptable Risk / loss, unfortunately for a married man with three children this is not a risk i took lightly, but one i now find myself having to reclaim.

had my item shipped this morning (or yesterday as it is now) then perhaps i could have kept up the good fight and defended the name of NI. but as Rohan saw fit to string us along and mis-inform yet again, the straw on this camels back was broken.

I have 4 emails i have sent over the last 12 hours (none of which have been replied to) by notion ink, another Red Flag that customer service is currently and most likely going to be non existant.

next red flags, people with issues not really being listened too and replied to (unless greg puts a word in with the CEO) Really come on whats that about.

anyway it's nearly 11pm here and the cancellation will go ahead tomorrow (unless there is a miracle overnight and Rohan ships my ADAM as promissed) I just hope there is enough money in the coffers to pay me back, and I also hope NI have the decency to refund as quickly as it was taken in december, without any so called cancellation fee. "

I have a feeling they will go TITS up shortly as there are quite a few cancelling their orders and as NI is relying on the cashflow from pre orders i feel the writing is on the wall.

does anyone know if i can get a Pixel QI Screen into my VEGA ? as the software has been released surely there is a way of making the drivers or whatever is needed work on the Vega ?

• 1 month later...
Guest Vansphone

I have just been on the Notion Ink forum and the poster named Druss calculate the cost of delivery to the UK as follows:

Cost of Adam delivered to UK - including taxes (all models)

Backlit LCD, Wifi only

$375.33 +$50 = 425.33

*0.635011 = £270.09

+£ 54.02 vat (20% as of 01/01/2011)

TOTAL PRICE of £324.11

Backlit LCD, Wifi + 3G

$425.33 +$50

*0.635011 =£295.49

+£ 59.10 vat (20% as of 01/01/2011)

TOTAL PRICE of £354.59

Pixel Qi LCD, Wifi only

$499.45 +$50

*0.635011 =348.91

+£69.78 vat (20% as of 01/01/2011)

TOTAL PRICE of £418.69

Pixel Qi LCD, Wifi +3G

$549.99 +$50

*0.635011 =381.00

+£76.20 vat (20% as of 01/01/2011)

TOTAL PRICE of £457.20

Yesterday I got really excited about this product, it was the specification that got my attention. But now I am not so sure.

There is no UK retailer, so if you have a problem I guess you have to send it back to China

Costumer service seems from the OP to be non existent

Delivered to the UK. the basic model is £100 more than the Vega and about the same price as the discounted Ipad 1 from my local Apple store

It does not have Android Market

Delivery and delays seem to be an issue.

Perhaps I should look elsewhere?

Guest El Nino9
....Yesterday I got really excited about this product, it was the specification that got my attention. But now I am not so sure.

There is no UK retailer, so if you have a problem I guess you have to send it back to China

$549.99 +$50

*0.635011 =381.00

+£76.20 vat (20% as of 01/01/2011)

TOTAL PRICE of £457.20

Yesterday I got really excited about this product, it was the specification that got my attention. But now I am not so sure.

Delivered to the UK. the basic model is £100 more than the Vega and about the same price as the discounted Ipad 1 from my local Apple store

It does not have Android Market

Delivery and delays seem to be an issue.

Perhaps I should look elsewhere?

not being rude but you have done very little research. you only found out about them "yesterday".

no tablet has android market on it yet but there are ways to do it which are easy. so i would becareful on how tread. you are looking at the basic model, but on the other hand if you look at the high end model and compare it to the xoom you get a good deal. so what is your question?

are notion trustworthy? some people agree some don't. they have delayed the product so much but what do you expect from a company starting up?everything will be perfect? notion ink had a product before a system in place. the factory is in china/hong kong who are building the products and shipping. the location of company is india i beleive. you are importing, and any electrical item you buy exceeding a certain value (certainly a price of a tablet) will have duty and vat added to it. just not 20% it can and probably will be more. you know how companies operate and like to have an handing charge or an admin fee. customs and revenues are no different!

if you want basic go buy a vega. does a very good job. want it looking like a notion ink adam buy an adam. want a motorola xoom then buy that. all will have similar specs.. i repeat what i wrote in the other thread, i don't think its wise anymore (after the delays) to buy this product becuase by the time I get my hands on 1 it will be outdated in terms of hardware specifications. i rather have a quad core tablet with LTE built in even though i know LTE wont be in the uk until 2015 because our networks are arguing over things.dont understand why the goverment just dont build these mast and have all the networks pay "rental" fees on this. so everyone everywhere will have similar signals all pay a similar rate for rental depending on bandwidth and the goverment can make easy money. but hey politics is funny :(

back to your question. dont buy it if you are not prepared to wait and specially if you want basic model only