This is for people who want deodexed files but want to keep their stock
look and feel.
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.
This is for stock JS3 phones as it will wipe out system/app and system/framework before
updating with deodexed and zipaligned files.
This update will need to be installed with CLOCKWORK MOD (CWM) not ODIN.
If you do not have CLOCKWORK MOD, you have 2 choices:
1. Find and install CLOCKWORK MOD (search xda-developers.com)
2. Install the Speedmod Kernel
This is what I am using (ver: speedmod-kernel-k12s-500hz). It includes CWM.
This update will NOT delete any of your data.The only thing you will lose is maybe your background
image as it will revert to the stock background image.
If you have rooted your phone, you will have to re-root your phone afterwards as Superuser.apk is deleted, if installed. Very easy
to reinstall if you have installed the speedmod kernel.
All this update does is:
1. Delete all files from system/app and system/framework
2. Install all original stock files (deodexed and zipaligned) into system/app and system/framework
3. Clears dalvik-cache
4. Clears cache
Instructions (Assumes you already have Clockwork Mod installed):
1. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG.VERY IMPORTANT!
2. Copy update.zip to /sdcard (you can use adb to do this)
3. Power off your phone
4. REMOVE SIM CARD TO PROTECT INFO ON CARD - A SAFETY PRECAUTION
5. Get into clockwork mod by pressing: Vol Up + Home + Power buttons together
6. Select: apply sdcard:update.zip
7. When finished select: reboot system now
8. After phone is booted, shut it down and re-install your sim card
The first boot may take a while as the O/S is rebuilding the dalvik-cache.
As an alternative for those with rooted stock phones who do not want to install CWM:
1. Unzip update.zip using winrar into a temporary directory on your computer
2. copy the 2 folders (app & framework) from the system folder to your sdcard (you can use adb for this)
3. use adb to start a shell, then do an su command to get root
4. in the shell do the following:
a. type stop, then press enter
b. copy /sdcard/app/* to /system/app/, then copy /sdcard/framework/* to /system/framework/
use the cp command for this, not copy
c. type rm /system/app/*.odex, then type rm /system/framework/*.odex
d. type reboot, then press enter
Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.
See Post #2 for instructions on how to deodex files.
Download: XWJS3 Download
Edited by Gary Crutcher, 07 February 2011 - 12:04 AM.