6 replies to this topic

jda180

jda180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Tab
Story about returns

Just wondered if this story matches the experience of forum members?

stevenz

stevenz

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Tinkering
  • Devices:OG Tab, Note, Touchpad, N7
  • Twitter:@KnightNZ

Story about returns

Just wondered if this story matches the experience of forum members?

I can pretty much guarantee it's people returning them as unwanted gifts because it's "not an iPad".

Ala this:

Edited by stevenz, 02 February 2011 - 12:42 AM.

Motorcycling watchmaker.

bcmobile

bcmobile

I eat Apples

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, HTC TouchPro
  • Twitter:@skitzandroid

I can pretty much guarantee it's people returning them as unwanted gifts because it's "not an iPad".

A good reason to keep it in my opinion ;)

I struggle to see how 16% could have been returned since the majority would probably have been bought as carrier subsidised. In Australia, it is very difficult to return a subsidised device since there is a contract attached. Even though there are laws which allow for a cooling off period, the Telcos are all big enough to make you go through a tribunal before they will agree to a return.

roy8846

roy8846

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:ORANGE SF (2.2)
I had to return one on day 1 of purchase , it had a dead pixel in the middle of the screen.. My second one has been great so far (touch wood)

foxmeister

foxmeister

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm not convinced by these figures.

For starters, the "study" was based on US sales only at 6000 outlets, and I've read that out of 2 million shipped Tabs, only around 350k went to the US. Source is here - not sure why their figures don't add up, but I guess they are not including domestic Korean sales.

In addition, in the US, anecdotal evidence suggests (source: numerous XDA postings) that quite a few people are buying a Tab on one carrier, returning it near 30-days, and purchasing again on a different carrier. This is for a variety reasons, but mostly either cost (cheaper on another network) or functionality e.g. AT&T Tabs can be easily flashed to support 3G and voice, whereas T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon ones cannot.

It may well be that 16% are being returned in the US, but we don't know the reason why they are being returned, we can't draw too many firm conclusions from this.

Regards,

Dave

yamajiang

yamajiang

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i789
i have been using it for about 1 month so far. it is really a great device & i never regret. in my opinion, the 16% return figure may probably be its competitors' marketing tactic to beat TAB sales to reserve market share for their own products.

steviesteve

steviesteve

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
If they are supposedly returned as faulty then it's worrying - if it's just a case of statistics trying to prove how much better the iPad is then who cares? This sort of thing is mentioned all the time. The Tab is a fantastic piece of kit. Wherever the information came from I think it's unlikely that it would represent the worldwide market anyway. I work for a retailer selling the Tab - whilst sales may be slow, returns are 0%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users