This rom has been superseded by the new TXG rom. TXG has all the benefits of this rom and more. It is easier to install (there is only one installation file). I do not intend to continue to support this rom, but I will not delete anything that is already here. Please click on this link to go to the TXG rom thread: TXG rom thread.
Updated: 2011 03 17 (changelog in the second post)
(If you would like this same rom with Chinese language input support, please use the TWeak version of this rom.)
- Modified CM61-Pulse0.40 rom port by Tom G; original rom by Cyanogenmod. Major changes include the addition of a slightly modified Starkos 691mHz overclock kernel (mem killer mod by AntonioPT using Toti's numbers), and the addition of TouchPal keyboard. And there have been a number of changes to build.prop.
- Modified gapps-pulse by Flibblesan. Changes include updated apps and the removal of a few apps (available on the market)
- As of 2011 03 15 all apps were updated to new versions. But that won't last for long. I don't intend to update each time something new shows up. Just update from the Market.
- The wifi reconnection bug is also present in this rom. "Blade Wifi Fix" has been installed to help reduce the problem.
- Front facing camera does not work.
- The GPS icon remains in the notification area even after GPS is turned off. Ignore it, or reboot to remove it.
- The Camera app included in this rom has been modified by user anegin and does not crash. However, with most camera apps, attempting to take multiple pictures at 3mp resolution will crash the camera app and then cause a serious battery drain (until reboot). There are some other camera apps available on the Market that also do not have this bug (reportedly the paid version of Vignette works).
- The MAC address bug is also present in this rom. "Set MAC address" has been installed in this rom to solve that problem.
- Some people have reported a bug in which the auto-rotation gets stuck. Suggested solutions are: (1) while booting, always hold the phone in portrait position until it is finished, and (2) disable 180 and 270 degree rotation in Settings/CyanogenMod settings/User interface (only allow 90 degree rotation).
- This ROM has been created for the Pulse/Huawei U8220. (I have no idea what this does on other the variations of the phone.)
- You must have updated to the official UK 2.1 rom from back in 2010. (Other official 2.1 updates might work fine, but if they don't have a large enough /system partition, this rom will not install correctly; if you don't understand what that means, just install the UK 2010 as I have suggested.)
- You must have Clockwork Recovery installed (not AmonRA). Incidentally, I'm using CW Recovery 184.108.40.206; apparently, CW Recovery v.220.127.116.11 does not work. Later versions of CW Recovery might work, but I haven't tested any.
- You must download the ZIP files you wish to install and copy them onto your SD card. Minimally this should be the main rom and the gapps. (Find the links below.)
- In order for DT Apps2SD and swap to work properly, you must format your SD card properly before you install this rom. (I have a 8gb class 6 card with 256mb ext2 partition for a2sd and a 32mb Linux swap partition; the rest is formatted to fat32.) However, the rom will work without doing that; you just won't have that added functionality. Warning: I have had trouble with my ext2 partition after formatting it with Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0 7. I don't know if this happens to other people, but if you are having trouble getting Apps2SD to work correctly due to the ext partition not being mounted, this might be a cause.
CM61-Pulse-0.40-f0.3.3.zip (modified main rom; thanks to Tom G)
Dark Tremor Apps2SD (actually, this is optional, but I think most people will want it)
gapps-pulse-f0.3.3.zip (modified Google apps and other important apps; thanks to Flibblesan for the initial mod)
(Alternate boot image: CM61original_boot_img.zip This is the original boot.img from Tom G's rom with no overclocking and no low memory tweaks; this is for people who want to save on battery life and don't want to mess around with setting the CPU frequencies; see the second post for information on installation of this file.)
Basic installation when coming from older roms:
- Boot Clockwork Recovery
- "nandroid" then "Backup" (skip this step, and you might live to regret it)
- "wipe data/factory reset" and "Yes -- delete all user data" (see below for an option on this one)
- "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "CM61-Pulse-0.40-f0.3.3.zip" and "Yes - Install CM61-Pulse-0.40-f0.3.3.zip"
- "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "dtapps2sd-18.104.22.168-signed.zip" and "Yes - Install dtapps2sd-22.214.171.124-signed.zip" (remember, DTApps2SD is actually optional)
- "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "gapps-pulse-f0.3.3.zip" and "Yes - Install gapps-pulse-f0.3.3.zip"
- "reboot system now"
Post-installation: See the second post in this thread (just below) for some ideas on helpful settings to get you started using this rom and optimizing the performance. But don't take what I say as the definitive answer. I'm still tweaking things too.
See the second post for the changelog.
Edited by twrock, 12 December 2011 - 08:52 AM.