honeycomb

Guest brutus66

Guest add.thebad
O.K lets pick on the oem who made it.

Lets light the burning torches!!!!!

Haha does any one onward who made it btw? And several of the resellers have hinted at it so I can see an official one comming, maby annotated from advent but another vendor

Guest Lennyuk
Haha does any one onward who made it btw? And several of the resellers have hinted at it so I can see an official one comming, maby annotated from advent but another vendor

It's made by a company called Shuttle

After doing some research, I found this company from China who is selling the OEM version of the Advent Vega/PoV Mobii. I contacted them by chat and I asked about (future) Android 3.0 support:

Me(2011-4-14 11:32:34)

Could I ask you a question about the 10inch Nvidia Android 2.2 Cortex A9 Capacitive Bluetooth WiFi 3G Tablet PC?

Cathy Shaw(2011-04-14 02:32:48)

yes

Me(2011-4-14 11:33:16)

Can you tell me about future updates? Are you working on Android Honeycomb/3.0 support?

Cathy Shaw(2011-04-14 02:33:51)

no,it is Android2.2 right now ,when its new software come out then can upgrade to 3.0

Me(2011-4-14 11:34:11)

But you will support android 3.0 in the future?

Cathy Shaw(2011-04-14 02:34:29)

because some famous brand forbid google to release android3.0 to us

Cathy Shaw(2011-04-14 02:34:35)

yes,of course

Cathy Shaw(2011-04-14 02:35:30)

such as Samsung,if we get this android3.0 software then samsung can not sell as well as now

Me(2011-4-14 11:35:55)

ok, so when 3.0 is released you will support it

Cathy Shaw(2011-04-14 02:36:07)

yes,correct

They also say the following in the product description:

Operating System Android 2.2 Froyo (can upgrade to Android3.0 when new software come out)

So I guess they want to port/develop android 3.0 for this tablet in the future.

Guest add.thebad
So I guess they want to port/develop android 3.0 for this tablet in the future.

lets hope so.

im attempting an sdk port atm but im too tired now will try and finish tomorrow. no idea what will happen, have never done anything like this befor its all come from alot alot of reading and going wrong

Guest Vansphone
It's made by a company called Shuttle

I wonder if that the same Shuttle that made those good looking small form factor PCs a few years ago?

Guest Vansphone

I read through a MoDaCo Asus Transformer thread yesterday. There are a few ex Vega owners doing comparisons. To my surprise one of the negative point a few of them have mentioned is Honeycomb. It sound like it was rushed out and still needs some work. They talk about forces closes and lag.

Guest CrArC
I read through a MoDaCo Asus Transformer thread yesterday. There are a few ex Vega owners doing comparisons. To my surprise one of the negative point a few of them have mentioned is Honeycomb. It sound like it was rushed out and still needs some work. They talk about forces closes and lag.

Pfft, I get force closes and lag on Froyo. :)

Guest Vansphone
Pfft, I get force closes and lag on Froyo. :)

Yes, Vega force closes are a lot cheaper than Transformer force closes. Much better value for money :)

Guest Tony Williams

Had a play with the Asus transformer to day at The Gadget Show Live, seemed quick and smooth to me though obviously there's a difference between 5 minutes playing and everyday use. Distinct lack of apps installed on it though.

Guest phil8715
Had a play with the Asus transformer to day at The Gadget Show Live, seemed quick and smooth to me though obviously there's a difference between 5 minutes playing and everyday use. Distinct lack of apps installed on it though.

Was Suzy Perry wearing her black catsuit?

I think Honeycomb will appear on the Vega at some stage.

Guest Vansphone

I completely forgot about the Gadget Show Live. Is it worth a visit?

I played with a Transformer at my local PC World. Like you I was surprised by how few apps were loaded. However in my 10 minute play it did have one forced close.

Guest CoWPlagued

I played with a Transformer at my local PC World. Like you I was surprised by how few apps were loaded. However in my 10 minute play it did have one forced close.

There's some half decent stuff at the gadget show, but on the whole its just like a big market stall full of people selling things moderately expensively.

i did get a hands on play with the new samsung 10" tab and a pre production htc sensation.

there's definately an impressive responsiveness and speed from these newer builds, so should be nice to see it trickle down to the vega.

Guest Tony Williams

Gadget show live is definitely worth a visit. Good opportunity to look (and play) with some of the latest tech. Not sure its the place to be buying stuff, though i was tempted by the flying drone controlled by the iPhone :)) not so tempted by the 300 quid price tag though. The live show is good for a giggle and theres plenty of free stuff to be won if you're happy to get up on the stage.

Guest Shaizer

Reading through the previous posts it seems as though the main reason we don't have honeycomb on our vegas right now is the big companies like motorola and samsung, reading C_G's chat log it seems as though Google has sold out like any other company :) I hoped that with the entering of Larry Page there would come a new era of having complete openness in google software.

Guest SeiferTV

People, don't panic, it's not like honeycomb it's been out forever. If google doesn't release the source code ( on a personal note, I think they will ) a port is always an option, right?

just don't get desperate, they're most likely trying to boost the sells on the mayor tablet companies ( Motorola, Acer, etc )

PATIENCE

Guest warriorscot

I wouldn't say they have sold out I doubt money changed hands. There issue is with platform integrity which is a valid concern as it is a risk with open source software. They want to make sure that the Android brand survives and that the quality is maintained so they are slowing things down and laying better groundwork for 3.0 and future releases.