255 replies to this topic

aaronage

aaronage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:B7610

yes, I confirm Kleb's answer...I did reinstall :unsure:
Probabily some important file was not installed correctly and so you will have always the same indication.

I read somewhere in one of the MANY threads that this error normally points to a file system error. If you're unlucky enough that your phone crashes while writing to an important file, it will likely corrupt the file, leading to these kinds of errors. A friend of mine advised me to install Ubuntu on a CD or flash drive, and then, once i have a stable OS running on my phone, to back-up the Linux partition on my SD card. this should be done once after a clean install, and once again after you finished installing all apps you wish to have running on your phone. this way, when the phone does crash (and since its a Beta it definately will) if there are problems with the reboot, just use the backup to restore the corrupted data.
I haven't tried this yet, as i have no idea how to do all of this in Ubuntu. My friend does intend to show me though, and if its not insanely complicated, I'll write a short "How to".
Unless of course, somebody already knows how to do this would like to share?

tjeerdos

tjeerdos

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:b7610
thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.
you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2.
i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..

Attached File  samsunggalaxys2video.jpg   74.29KB   14 downloads

tjeerdos

tjeerdos

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:b7610

thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.
you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2.
i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..
Attached File  samsunggalaxys2video.jpg   74.29KB   14 downloads

YES they just called i will have him tomorrow :P

aaronage

aaronage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I read somewhere in one of the MANY threads that this error normally points to a file system error. If you're unlucky enough that your phone crashes while writing to an important file, it will likely corrupt the file, leading to these kinds of errors. A friend of mine advised me to install Ubuntu on a CD or flash drive, and then, once i have a stable OS running on my phone, to back-up the Linux partition on my SD card. this should be done once after a clean install, and once again after you finished installing all apps you wish to have running on your phone. this way, when the phone does crash (and since its a Beta it definately will) if there are problems with the reboot, just use the backup to restore the corrupted data.
I haven't tried this yet, as i have no idea how to do all of this in Ubuntu. My friend does intend to show me though, and if its not insanely complicated, I'll write a short "How to".

Ok! so myself and a friend of mine discovered that when you used Ubuntu to repair the EXT4 partition (where android is installed), the "Acore.process problem is solved!
Here is my reccommendation. I've been told by this "computer expert" friend of mine, that filesystem problems WILL be more likely with a SD installation due to the way SD card organise their data. it apparently often causes confilcts with linux filesystems. So i used this tutorial (Mute the video, the "music" is terrible) to help me install the Froyo onto my storage using Ubuntu.
Then when i finished installing Froyo and all the updates, i booted android, set up my email accounts and generally personalised my android OS to my satisfaction. when that was done I booted back into winmo, connected mystorage to my ubuntu virtual machine and used THIS guide to make a backup of my fresh fully functional installation of Android. http://knowledge.cou...n-on-ubuntu.txt
The important thing is to find out your mount point, and to get the CORRECT partition number for the EXT4 partition (mine was sdb2 on my friend computer and changed to sdf2 on MY computer when i later did a backup at home).
I used Gparted (which you need to install anyway for the android mystorage installation with Ubuntu) to get the names of the mount point. the EXT4 partition (where ur android is installed) need to be "Unmounted" before you can make a backup image of your installation. the guide i linked above should help with the rest.
Like i said, a simple disk repair (also explained in the guide) should be enough to remove most problem that occur with Android, but A made a backup image anyway, just in case. It would make sense to make a new backup once a month, as long as there are no problems with android. although the backup process DOES take an hour!

Hope this helps you, as much as it has helped me!

ps. I have had NO screen of deaths, and the only time errors have appeared is when I was HEAVILY multitasking, and even then, it was only killing apps to free memory. I think this is quite normal for a beta!

KuRtO

KuRtO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When I run Harret and it boots linux the phone "turns off" after showing "New Path 42" ... And I have to push the reset button...

Can anyone help me?

Kleb

Kleb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

That's mayve a good idea, I had the 'acore' bug again :P

aaronage

aaronage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

That's mayve a good idea, I had the 'acore' bug again :D

Well, it worked perfectly for me. I was able to restore without a problem. However I got tired of the sluggish performance and bought myself a ZTE blade for 130€. Its a low budget smart phone with suprisingly good performance. no Qwerty though. if you wanna wait for a fully function Android OS on the B7610 you'll be waiting... well, it won't happen (that's my believe). That's not to say i don't appreciate the work of the dev's. I really appreciated the opportunity to try Android on my B7610. but it just left me thinking "I want a phone with a stable Android OS and i don't wanna wait!". So i bought one.
Gonna recycle the B7610, since they're hardly worth anything now.

ErnstJanF

ErnstJanF

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:Omnia QWERTY, Galaxy S II

YES they just called i will have him tomorrow :D

Mine is running for 7 days now :D

Isascaboy89

Isascaboy89

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Rally,girls,football,pc
  • Devices:Samsung b7610
Can i post this on an italian forum?

titomax1982

titomax1982

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
During Installation on My Storage, deleting all partitions, I noticed that My Storage was made by 2 partion:

/dev/sdb:

/dev/sdb1 extended 1.91 GiB

/dev/sdb5 fat32 /media/07F3-0009_ 1.41 GiB

/dev/sdb6 fat32/media/07F3-0009 512 MiB

This second partion had these files: BaseFile.txt - LOUVRE.MLI - POCKETFS.SYS; and a Folder \Programs\PowerDic2_V1\ with other files inside

1) Now I have 2 primary partition as written in the guide, and android works... but... what was that partition? is something needed by some phone's function? maybe is for "master reset"? or something else? please help

2) OT: since 1 or 2 days, in WinMo, i always have a "1 missed call" notification some time after phone startup, but if i open it nothing happen... why?

3) In android my camera does'nt work, i tried about 6 times to load it and always error... is camera working on froyo beta1 or am i doing something wrong?

Edited by titomax1982, 12 September 2011 - 01:01 PM.

Heldiho53

Heldiho53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610

How to install Android on "My Storage"?

Beware: This method will erase your entire "My Storage" will be erased. So this is the moment you should back-up your "My Storage" before proceeding!

Assuming you have Ubuntu running:

1. Start phone in WinMo. Select USB mode to Storage -> My Storage.

2. In ubuntu, as root(!) start Gparted. (From terminal, type: sudo gparted.) If you don't have gparted installed, install it from terminal by typing: sudo apt-get install gparted

3. Select the proper disk. (usually your harddisk is sda, your "My Storage" will show up as sdb or sdc.

4. Make sure that partitions are unmounted. (right click in gparted, check if you can unmount it. If you can, do it.)

5. Erase all partitions.

6. Create ~ 1 Gig partition, right click on disc, choose fat32 file system, label (type in box): disk0

7. Create ~ 1 Gig partition, right click on free space on disk, choose ext4 file system, label disk

8. Apply!

9. After re-reading partitions by gparted, remember partitionnumber of the partition "disk" you just created (like sdbX). You will need it in step 14

10. Your partitions are created! Close gparted and unplug phone.

11. Replug your phone, check if disks are mounted.

12. Goto directory where you have unzipped 1024beta2.zip (in terminal :))

13. type in terminal (or, offcourse, copy and paste): sudo tar zxvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

14. edit default.txt (in this directory. Correct the line Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=4 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=4 root=/dev/mmcblk0pX init=/init" (X is the partitionnumber you remembered in step 9) and save

15. type (copy/paste): cp default.txt haret.exe /media/disk0

16. download 2d3d drivers here (thanx to post #6 in I8000 thread) here

17. In terminal goto to directory where you just downed the 2d3d drivers, and type: sudo tar zxvf o2bupdate.tar.gz -C /media/disk (yes, correct, o2budate!)

18. Download latest kernel from google projectpage

19. Unzip and copy zImage and o2b2update.tar.gz to /media/disk0

20. Close all windows! (To prevent problems with unmounting)

Unplug phone and run haret. Android should be booting!

If you don't get android splash screen, and phone reboots, then rename the 2d3d update from o2bupdate.tar.gz to o2b2update.tar.gz and copy to /media/disk0 and try to boot.

I used this method several times. Allways working!

That didn't work for me :( something like r5:00000000 r4:00000 comes up and then it just stucks what should I do ? My partitions are primary !!

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

That didn't work for me :( something like r5:00000000 r4:00000 comes up and then it just stucks what should I do ? My partitions are primary !!

think you are on very old files!
* which android beta did you download?
* which zImage "pack" did you download?

=====================================

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

=====================================

Heldiho53

Heldiho53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610
yes the files were very old :D but I'll install beta 3 on sd card instead sorry to bother you :)

summer1999

summer1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@jkf
Hi, guys, when I try to instal Android, it always write: Cant mount SD ext4 partition.. :( Any help please?

river_9x

river_9x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
when installed completed, I have an error: "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Please help me >.< Thank in advance

rotha

rotha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Chin rotha
Can you help me . i have a phone SPH m8400 from Korean, and run window mobile 6.5, But I was show video http://www.modaco.co...nia2-omlaxy-02/ how can i do ?please help me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users