[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest voyteckst
ernstjanf does your download from market work?

can you play video?

wat heb jij dan bij apn ingevuld. ik heb internet en kan mails binnen halen enz.

maar market doet niets downloaden. helppppp heb vodafone

hoping to get market and video to work

greets tjeerdos

Market is working and video cannot be played for now.

Guest Bounser

Hello,

I have android running with all updates. Its better. I have logged in my gmail account but market frooze.

Again we are a step further.

tnx for the tutorial.

greeting Bounser

;) ;) :D :D

Guest aaronage

Hi people. I'm new, just registered today. I've been trying to get Android to work on my B7610 ever since the beta was released. I can it installed and running... but not for very long because it promtly crashes. This always happens even though i've followed all the instructiona tips i've found on this forum and the website of the developer. The Updates don't help me in the slightest, when I place the updates in the root of my storage and boot, android doesn't even make it past the welcome screen. the phone screen goes blank and resets. I also tried installing the Beta on my now partition "My Storage" because i read from one post that "it doesn't crash" when you do that. if only that were true. on the first boot after the install i made it to the setting page to creat a APN. phone crashed when i tried to save my settings. I then restarted my phone adding the update files to "my storage" root before running and now, once again it won't boot up. It seems i now have no choice but to format the ext2 partition and re-install the beta. what are you guys doing differently, that you're able to get connected to 3G and are now concerned with downloading things from the marketplace?! can someone lend me a hand? Please!

Guest ErnstJanF
Hi people. I'm new, just registered today. I've been trying to get Android to work on my B7610 ever since the beta was released. I can it installed and running... but not for very long because it promtly crashes. This always happens even though i've followed all the instructiona tips i've found on this forum and the website of the developer. The Updates don't help me in the slightest, when I place the updates in the root of my storage and boot, android doesn't even make it past the welcome screen. the phone screen goes blank and resets. I also tried installing the Beta on my now partition "My Storage" because i read from one post that "it doesn't crash" when you do that. if only that were true. on the first boot after the install i made it to the setting page to creat a APN. phone crashed when i tried to save my settings. I then restarted my phone adding the update files to "my storage" root before running and now, once again it won't boot up. It seems i now have no choice but to format the ext2 partition and re-install the beta. what are you guys doing differently, that you're able to get connected to 3G and are now concerned with downloading things from the marketplace?! can someone lend me a hand? Please!

Easy: Set performance in windows mobile to 'HIGH', reboot your phone (using the OFF key, NOT soft-reset) and boot up android ;)

Guest yamajiang
Yup, but you can try adjusting the timezone on android so it matches your time ;)

yes, i have changed it to my time zone. everytime reboot, time zone remain as mine, but time jump back to as default time zone time.

e.g, time zone 0 is 9:xx now and i adjust my time zone to +8, so my time is 17:xx. after I reboot, my time zone remain at +8 but time reset to 9:xx

Guest ErnstJanF
Installation ok, Android working good and fast BUT: No Service. I Can`t connect to debitel e+ germany. Any Idea?

Go to the wireless settings and disable Airplane mode ;)

yes, i have changed it to my time zone. everytime reboot, time zone remain as mine, but time jump back to as default time zone time.

e.g, time zone 0 is 9:xx now and i adjust my time zone to +8, so my time is 17:xx. after I reboot, my time zone remain at +8 but time reset to 9:xx

I don't have this problem anymore, as I'm on 3G network. It auto-adjusts the time ;)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest aaronage
Easy: Set performance in windows mobile to 'HIGH', reboot your phone (using the OFF key, NOT soft-reset) and boot up android ;)

wow, I would never have though it would be so simple. Shortly after i posted the message, i read somewhere, think on the tutorials forum, thats important to switch off using the power key (lock key) before adding the updates. and after i'd done that everything worked perfectly. I get no error messages at the boot up, I was able to add a an APN with no problems, so 3G now works. but best of all it hasn't crashed ONCE since i finished the install! As soon as the keyboard mapping is finished, i'll be a very happy chap. it'll be the perfect alternative to window mobile.

Guest lordmorpheus

Airplane mode is disabled.

Any other idea?

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Another question. When i copy the update-files to my storage, is that all? Or will i have to start an update launcher after android starts or something else? :D ;)

Guest ErnstJanF
Airplane mode is disabled.

Any other idea?

Sorry for my bad english :D

Another question. When i copy the update-files to my storage, is that all? Or will i have to start an update launcher after android starts or something else? ;) ;)

Okay..

No, you just copy o2bupdate.tar.gz, .zImage and o2bupdate.sh to the root of My Storage and launch haret.exe from the root ;)

Are you sure that you've used the latest update? :D

Guest LukasSnake
Market is working and video cannot be played for now.

Video works with yxflash app...you have to download it and install manualy, it's not a part of this release...

Guest lordmorpheus
Okay..

No, you just copy o2bupdate.tar.gz, .zImage and o2bupdate.sh to the root of My Storage and launch haret.exe from the root :P

Are you sure that you've used the latest update? :D

Hmm then i should havt made everytring right... i`ll try to reinstall android complet tomorrwo.

Guest tjeerdos
Video works with yxflash app...you have to download it and install manualy, it's not a part of this release...

nope doesn't work either.

did read on the internet that the freezing market is an problem that many people has.

google knows this but still there is no solution.....

Guest XYZ_19989

I'm using Zimage,key & vib fix and have some bug:

Lines onscreen when lock/unlock screen. Sleep and can't weak up by unlock key, i must restart phone :P

sr for my Eng :D

Guest aaronage

I think it DOES make a difference which order you do the updates, because adding the Zimage included in the 3G updates means the phone won't wake up from "Sleeping" anymore. at least, that's the case with me.

Guest aaronage

And now that i've added the Zimage which supposedly solves the sleep problem, Android failed to boot. just a black screen. had to remove the battery. Hopefully, when i add the Zimage from the 3G update, it'll work properly again. if not, Its another re-install.

Hey ErnstJanF,

Thanks for the great tutorial. Finally got Android working. Only problem I've got is that I can't connect to the internet. I can make calls and receive/send text messages. I've added the APN settings from my provider (Hi). But it's still not working.

Do you have any idea how to make it work?

Guest gauravv
Hey ErnstJanF,

Thanks for the great tutorial. Finally got Android working. Only problem I've got is that I can't connect to the internet. I can make calls and receive/send text messages. I've added the APN settings from my provider (Hi). But it's still not working.

Do you have any idea how to make it work?

in apn only fill name apn and port then save it. after than turn it on i.e circle will be green now then restart android and you will have working connection

in apn only fill name apn and port then save it. after than turn it on i.e circle will be green now then restart android and you will have working connection

I've tried it. But it's not working :P

this are the APN settings

HI internet

Name: Mobiel Internet

APN: portalmmm.nl

Proxy: 10.10.100.20

Port: 50.80

MMSC:

MMS-Proxy:

MMS-port: 5080

MMC: 204

MNC: 08

Verificationtype: pap

APN-Type: internet

Edited by faroer

Guest Jamievanm
I've tried it. But it's not working :P

this are the APN settings

If u check to see, that all symbols are used with or without capital in your settings. And you have saved the settings + turned device on and off. It should be working.

Does the g/3g symbol even show up?

Guest LukasSnake
nope doesn't work either.

did read on the internet that the freezing market is an problem that many people has.

google knows this but still there is no solution.....

Of course it works...I use it everyday on my B7610.

I can upload the apk file i use for you if you want to try it...

If u check to see, that all symbols are used with or without capital in your settings. And you have saved the settings + turned device on and off. It should be working.

Does the g/3g symbol even show up?

All the settings are correct. Including characters. And I've saved the settings and turned it off/on. No g/3g symbol. I see only the bars, the battery and the time.

I've used the tutorial provided by ErnstJanF (which is great) and updated everything. Including the 3G update

Edited by faroer