[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest centodue

I have a strange problem that may be it is easy to solve.

The TIME in android is one hour before of the time in Windows Mobile.

If I set correctly the time in Android , when I switch again in WM I have the time mistaken (1 hour more!)

I need sometimes to use WM to have bluetooth in the car and if the time is not correct I could have not indication of some appointment set in calendar (that is trasferred with exchange in gmail calendar)

Why is there this difference? How can I solve it to don't have every time to set time?

Note:

I checked Calendar option in my gmail account and I can confirm that is set +1hour (rome, I am in Italy)

Guest tjeerdos

hi,

when i had beta1 on ext3 on my storage i had 0 problems. but since i have it installed on ext4 i have problems again.

it freezes often and many sleep of death. so that's not so good for me. maybe there is someone with a tip to solve that.

already have cpu program and taskkiller call light and still the problems.

maybe i should do the beta2 update. and i that doesn't work complete fresh beta2 install. if no good i go back to ext3 i think.

so if there is someone with an idea????

greetssss tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos
the 2d/3d driver update doesnt work for me on beta2... it still gives the reboot after a couple of seconds after ok!ipc transfer start!

i had something like that to.

mosci told me that it could be wrong kernel problem. you could try to use his last keyboard fix. i believe you always do that one as last.

i also had this problem when i wanted to put my backup from ext3 on ext4. then i noticed i had made different size partition than i had in ext3.

when i made that the same again it worked. so for some reason you have to use the same size of partition as your backup originally was.

hope its helps a bit....

greets tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
I have a strange problem that may be it is easy to solve.

The TIME in android is one hour before of the time in Windows Mobile.

If I set correctly the time in Android , when I switch again in WM I have the time mistaken (1 hour more!)

I need sometimes to use WM to have bluetooth in the car and if the time is not correct I could have not indication of some appointment set in calendar (that is trasferred with exchange in gmail calendar)

Why is there this difference? How can I solve it to don't have every time to set time?

Note:

I checked Calendar option in my gmail account and I can confirm that is set +1hour (rome, I am in Italy)

Set timezone to yours, then +1 (For example, mine is GMT +1, so I set it to GMT +2) in android

Guest tjeerdos

okay strange,

today android freezed. after putting him back on it took some more time to startup.

but then for some strange reason it was back to fisrtinstall so i was back in setupmenu etc etc.

strange how can that be? ??

anyways i installed my back up again. then i noticed the next thing.

the last time he didn't put my backup right unless i changed the partitions the same size as it was with the backup.

today i tried it again with different size of partition because i still thought that was strange . and it just went right.

i also used these updates

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...hes-repository/

they work like a charm if you install them in the right order like they say

greets tjeerdos

ps i am on beta 1 b7610

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos
is there anyway to get root access? I might have missed something somewhere.

hi,

i did this in ubuntu:

#!/bin/bash

cd bin

sudo rm -rf su

sudo ln -s ../system/xbin/su su

cd ../system/bin

sudo ln -s ../system/xbin/su su

sudo chmod 6755 ../xbin/su

sync

greets tjeerdos

Guest LightningBullet

Hi folks,

Somehow the 'my storage' of my phone got corrupted so I lost the hidden partition with the backups... Is there any way to get it back?

(Feeling so stupid right now... :huh: )

Guest tjeerdos

okay just did a upgrade from beta 1 to 2 and with the updates i used (post 130)

hoping for a good working beta2.

had a lot of problems with beta2 will let you know if its beter with these updates

Guest tjeerdos
okay just did a upgrade from beta 1 to 2 and with the updates i used (post 130)

hoping for a good working beta2.

had a lot of problems with beta2 will let you know if its beter with these updates

its driving me crazy. again i get a lot of sleep of deaths in beta2. i use call light or keep screen. task manager and auto kill on. and i use cpu program and in setup i used screen of min 400 ( tried all. even 800) etc etc.

i get it so often i am almost only resetting the device instead of testing and playing

on beta 1 maybe once in the 2 days sod........

going to try it further for today. maybe tomorrow back to beta 1 if its stays like this. and wait for next update or maybe even beta3

hehe, I'm exactly like you. I've been all the week with fuu mode enabled. Since last weekend installed ubuntu on my laptop and tried some tutorials I've met a brand new kind of errors & rarities :huh: . Now I will give one more chance to beta1 upgrading, any tip on the order of updates? My mind is nearly blowing with numbers, dates, and names...

PS: did't mentioned that this week I also jumped into the coocked roms world (pitty didn't do it earlier!), so please dont't thik is lazyness, i'm near an overflow :)

Guest ErnstJanF

I've had 0 SoD's since installing beta2 some days ago. Don't follow any tutorial, just install the way it's meant to be. After the installation has finished, copy 2D/3D drivers for installation and boot up android. It will install and boot (or if it doesn't, reboot and try again.. it's because of the installation of the drivers). Setup the device and shut it down. After that, use the update for the keyboard.

If it still errors, just try installation again :huh:

Guest Bounser
I've had 0 SoD's since installing beta2 some days ago. Don't follow any tutorial, just install the way it's meant to be. After the installation has finished, copy 2D/3D drivers for installation and boot up android. It will install and boot (or if it doesn't, reboot and try again.. it's because of the installation of the drivers). Setup the device and shut it down. After that, use the update for the keyboard.

If it still errors, just try installation again :D

Did you do the install in SD or on storage?

So i should try it again.......i will think about it.......it's raining so i wil have the time........maybe........oke you got me i will try it again.

Dont puss me..... :huh: :) :P

Guest ErnstJanF
Did you do the install in SD or on storage?

So i should try it again.......i will think about it.......it's raining so i wil have the time........maybe........oke you got me i will try it again.

Dont puss me..... :huh: :) :P

Like I said, install to SD like it was meant to be :D

Guest centodue
Does the hardware keyboard of b7610 works good?...what dosent works?..any feedback..i'm thinking of installing it, but dont want any surprise.

yes, if you install it correctly it works correctly :huh:

I tried with "B7610_Keyboard-Vibration_support.zip" (in comment 31) and then with "QWERTY-B7610_rev80.zip" (comment 95) and they work correctly

This is the link:

B7610_android_keyboard

Using "B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip" in comment 70 I had keys not working correctly, but maybe I made some mistake in installation.

Now I am using "QWERTY-B7610_rev80.zip" and I added "patches.tar.gz" of the comment 97 too and all is ok.

Bye

Giorgio

Guest mosci
... and I added "patches.tar.gz" of the comment 97 too ...

patches.tar.gz should not be 'installed' on the phone!

it makes no harm, but also no sense - this are just the patches for the kernelsource to make the keyboard working

they are not usefull in any way on the phone!

B7610_Keyboard-Vibration_support.zip is obsolete (was for beta1)

the advantage of QWERTY/Z-B7610_rev80.zip (compared to B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip)

is that the powerkey is working and ext4 is supported

Kernel_Rev83.zip contains only kernel & modules (just a kernel update - no complete keyboard fix!)

so QWERTY/Z-B7610_rev80.zip or B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip has to be applied before to get the keychar & keylayout files.

i would recomend to install QWERTY-B7610_rev80.zip - reboot again afterwards.

feel free to install Kernel_Rev83.zip after this

changes in kernel from rev80 to rev83 reports some changes in powermanagement

Edited by mosci

Guest centodue
patches.tar.gz should not be 'installed' on the phone!

it makes no harm, but also no sense - this are just the patches for the kernelsource to make the keyboard working

they are not usefull in any way on the phone!

B7610_Keyboard-Vibration_support.zip is obsolete (was for beta1)

the advantage of QWERTY/Z-B7610_rev80.zip (compared to B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip)

is that the powerkey is working and ext4 is supported

Kernel_Rev83.zip contains only kernel & modules (just a kernel update - no complete keyboard fix!)

so QWERTY/Z-B7610_rev80.zip or B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip has to be applied before to get the keychar & keylayout files.

i would recomend to install QWERTY-B7610_rev80.zip - reboot again afterwards.

feel free to install Kernel_Rev83.zip after this

changes in kernel from rev80 to rev83 reports some changes in powermanagement

Thank you mosci !

If I would use 2 partions in SD to have :

- first partition for WM6 installations files (for example with label SD_CARD0)

- second partition for android installation (for example with label SD_CARD1)

is it possible?

I have created them as ext4 and using WM6.5 I can see them but when I use android it installs every market sw in SD_CARD0

How can I do?

Guest mosci
If I would use 2 partions in SD to have :

- first partition for WM6 installations files (for example with label SD_CARD0)

- second partition for android installation (for example with label SD_CARD1)

is it possible?

I have created them as ext4 and using WM6.5 I can see them but when I use android it installs every market sw in SD_CARD0

How can I do?

i can not follow you

i have the same setup - but winmobile will never see my ext4 partition :huh:

if you say ' when I use android it installs every market sw in SD_CARD0' you probably mean SD_CARD0/download ?!

this is just the download-folder ... they should be installed on /data/app/ - like mine do

Guest silviglia21

I try to make adroid in my phone (rom wm6.1 original) but it only show the darkness. Anyone make a rom with adroid for b7610 like HD2???

Guest Da Phoenix

Hello Guys,

Could someone help me?

I'm having a problem with my Internet connection.

I can send SMS and I can Call.

But I can't get on internet or use the Android Market.

I used my APN Settings.

post-798292-1299070558_thumb.jpg

But it won't work.

I've got the latest update (but not Beta2)

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from the Netherlands

Guest ErnstJanF
Hello Guys,

Could someone help me?

I'm having a problem with my Internet connection.

I can send SMS and I can Call.

But I can't get on internet or use the Android Market.

I used my APN Settings.

post-798292-1299070558_thumb.jpg

But it won't work.

I've got the latest update (but not Beta2)

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from the Netherlands

Vodafone:

Name: Vodafone Internet

AP: live.vodafone.com

username: vodafone

password: vodafone

verification: PAP/CHAP

That's all you need. Make sure you add it (using menu key -> Save) and select it for use.