859 replies to this topic

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

hi new to this site...have recently paid to be a member...tried downloading your just bake it for the advent Vega...followed all the on screen instructions and nothing,nothing is working no changes to my advent cant open dll files...really hacked off...i am running windows 7 if that's the problem.

What happened, exactly, when you ran the installation batch file?

Have you also read the various guides on here? Try starting here:

http
://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ling-vegacomb/

BTW, you might want to jump straight to the Corvus5 ROM from newbe5 and Corvus. It's an excellent ROM, fast, stable, feature packed.

Edited by simonta, 31 May 2011 - 04:14 PM.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

impish

impish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

lol - a member from 2005 and this is my first post ha!

Edited by impish, 01 June 2011 - 08:33 PM.

RogueStuart

RogueStuart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:htc desie, advent vega

Hi...after i put on r8 i also added this fix straight after through cwm (make sure gsensor box is unticked beforehand) and it works on majority of games...hope it helps!!

http://www.sorensiim...rometer_Fix.zip

Could you walk me through how to do this. I've tried but it didn't work.

Many thanks

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Could you walk me through how to do this. I've tried but it didn't work.

Many thanks

Forgive me, but these posts are so annoying. What you've just said is equivalent to "I got into my car this morning and it didn't work. Please help me".

What didn't work? Applying the fix? The accelerometer after you applied the fix? Your Vega? Give us a clue!

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

lifelines

lifelines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Finally! Got the custom rom r8 installed. So much better now. A BIG THANK YOU for everyone involved in creating this. :D

RogueStuart

RogueStuart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Forgive me, but these posts are so annoying. What you've just said is equivalent to "I got into my car this morning and it didn't work. Please help me".

What didn't work? Applying the fix? The accelerometer after you applied the fix? Your Vega? Give us a clue!

I need to know how to apply the accelerometer fix through cwm. I'm running r8.

Thanks

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

I need to know how to apply the accelerometer fix through cwm. I'm running r8.

Thanks

Have you installed CWM?

http://android.modac...asy-install-v2/

Copy the update to your SD Card. In CWM (from memory) select Install ZIP from SD Card->Select ZIP then browse to the ZIP.

RogueStuart

RogueStuart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Have you installed CWM?

http://android.modac...asy-install-v2/

Copy the update to your SD Card. In CWM (from memory) select Install ZIP from SD Card->Select ZIP then browse to the ZIP.

Thanks for the help.
Turns out I had to flash CWM to an older version.
Got it all sorted and the accelerometer is working great.

Cheers.

ksw

:P okguys got a little prob ,, new boy in yown ,, clear erase and add free member downloaded mcr running on windows connected in recovery with debug on and power cable in, correct driver installed from d/l start exe , finds device and it says deamon started successfully, then nothing else.. for any time there on after.. ? any ideas, or have i missed a simple must do prior to update,.... ;)

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

:P okguys got a little prob ,, new boy in yown ,, clear erase and add free member downloaded mcr running on windows connected in recovery with debug on and power cable in, correct driver installed from d/l start exe , finds device and it says deamon started successfully, then nothing else.. for any time there on after.. ? any ideas, or have i missed a simple must do prior to update,.... ;)

One of us is confused :D

Are you trying to install mcr with the Vega in recovery? If so, wrong approach. You install mcr using ADB which means your Vega is booted normally with USB Debugging turned on (Settings->Applications->Development).

NatalieMc

NatalieMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, having a bit of a panic here. I installed the rom fine on my sons vega a month ago, now my mam got one, so I tried it on hers. I installed the driver..eventually, took a few tries for device manager to recognise it, but it did...then installed the rom...black screen whirred away with all the lines of text..vega goes black and the little robot comes up...and thats it, it keeps doing that over and over. It goes black for a second then I get the robot, but it wont boot up at all. Ive tried turning it off but it just does the same thing when I turn it on. On device manager its flashing on and off, as if its there and then vanishing. Please tell me I havent broken her new tablet ;) plus Im really not very technical at all :P

Any help very much appreciated

adwb1949

adwb1949

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
  • Twitter:@adwb
Please can any one assist? I have down loaded the R& and have unzipped to my desktop I have enabled usb debugging and when I connect the usb cable the connection is made between my pc and the vega. however when i click on the install windows batch file and then the run command I get the the windows system 3 exe.command screen but it has the message waiting for device---ensure that usb debugging is enabled in settings --applications and connect cable.
I have done that as I said but the command screen just sits with the cursor flaskin and nothing statrs up.
Is there somthing I am missing out to do?
regards
Alistair

ksw

Just put my first vega custom rom on to sort out market isue and the result is FANTASTI'O . im an add free member and worth its smalll fee, my advice to others wanting the push into moded rom, DO IT !! dont wait for advent to bring up date out.. your missing out now... ;) ... A ++ guys.. top work...

ksw

Just put my first vega custom rom on to sort out market isue and the result is FANTASTI'O . im an add free member and worth its smalll fee, my advice to others wanting the push into moded rom, DO IT !! dont wait for advent to bring up date out.. your missing out now... ;) ... A ++ guys.. top work...

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Hi all, having a bit of a panic here. I installed the rom fine on my sons vega a month ago, now my mam got one, so I tried it on hers. I installed the driver..eventually, took a few tries for device manager to recognise it, but it did...then installed the rom...black screen whirred away with all the lines of text..vega goes black and the little robot comes up...and thats it, it keeps doing that over and over. It goes black for a second then I get the robot, but it wont boot up at all. Ive tried turning it off but it just does the same thing when I turn it on. On device manager its flashing on and off, as if its there and then vanishing. Please tell me I havent broken her new tablet ;) plus Im really not very technical at all :P

Any help very much appreciated

Hi Natalie

You haven't broken it, it's impossible to break a Vega with the software you'll find on here.

Occassionally, this happens. Nobody really knows why and there are various fixes but by far the easiest thing to do is to start again. As it's new, you've got nothing to lose - literally!

Go to myadventvega and download the latest update and the drivers for it. Follow the instructions on the same site to install the factory software. Let it install, reboot your Vega. Let is settle for a few minutes then reboot it again. Then reinstall this ROM, r8.

Come back again if you need more help.

Cheers

ksw

One of us is confused :P

Are you trying to install mcr with the Vega in recovery? If so, wrong approach. You install mcr using ADB which means your Vega is booted normally with USB Debugging turned on (Settings->Applications->Development).

.. top advice m8. and not having the correct driver install didn,t help either.. ;) so once ide installed the vorrect ADB and removed the mass storage driver.. it flashed no prob first time. and glad t say its as sweet as a nut now.. thanks for the push in the right direction.. . :D

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

.. top advice m8. and not having the correct driver install didn,t help either.. ;) so once ide installed the vorrect ADB and removed the mass storage driver.. it flashed no prob first time. and glad t say its as sweet as a nut now.. thanks for the push in the right direction.. . :P

Glad to have helped, have fun.....

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Please can any one assist? I have down loaded the R& and have unzipped to my desktop I have enabled usb debugging and when I connect the usb cable the connection is made between my pc and the vega. however when i click on the install windows batch file and then the run command I get the the windows system 3 exe.command screen but it has the message waiting for device---ensure that usb debugging is enabled in settings --applications and connect cable.
I have done that as I said but the command screen just sits with the cursor flaskin and nothing statrs up.
Is there somthing I am missing out to do?
regards
Alistair

Hi Alistair

Please confirm that with USB debugging turned on, you see "Android Phone->ADB Interface Driver" or "Android Phone->ADB Composite USB interface".

If so, reboot your Vega (power off and back on) then try again.

Good luck

NatalieMc

NatalieMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply...I got it all restored back to stock with no problems, left it for a while and then reinstalled the modified rom. While its installing the very last bit whizzes up lots of ....something bin:access denied...and then exactly the same thing, little robot but wont boot any further. Think Im going to have to give this up as Im not techy enough to know whats going wrong with it ;)
Thanks for the help

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Thanks for the reply...I got it all restored back to stock with no problems, left it for a while and then reinstalled the modified rom. While its installing the very last bit whizzes up lots of ....something bin:access denied...and then exactly the same thing, little robot but wont boot any further. Think Im going to have to give this up as Im not techy enough to know whats going wrong with it ;)
Thanks for the help

Nope, all is not lost and believe me, a little perseverance will pay back big time. The Vega with a custom ROM is a completely different beast and is far more capable than the stock ROM.

To see what the problem is, open install-windows.bat in Notepad, go to the end, add a new line, add "pause" (without the quotes) and run it again. You will be able to see what the errors are and report back.

The alternative is to jump straight to a "modern" custom ROM like Corvus5. The mcr ROMs are long abandoned and don't have many of the latest fixes and tweaks.

Do stick with it, you won't regret it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users