tdroza

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:ZTEBlade, AdventVega, Nexus7
  • Twitter:@tdroza

non-standard??? its just full sized usb instead of micro or mini

Yes, but what I meant is that it's not the industry standard used by every other device. I have approximately 1 million* cables that are standard full sized USB on one end, and either micro or mini on the other, that I've collected over the years with various devices, but I don't have a single other device that uses full sized USB on both ends. :-) In fact I think (but wouldn't swear to it), that the USB spec suggests that if you want full size usb on both ends, it should be USB-A on one end and USB-B on the other.

* give or take 5%.

crockwit

crockwit

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have just installed r7. When i remove a usb stick (when in host mode) the Vega switches itself off. Tried a couple of different usb sticks get the same result. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Edit It appears the problem was caused by having the ES file explorer app installed on on the SD card.

Edited by crockwit, 04 February 2011 - 06:34 PM.

kmfry

kmfry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

Got a bit of an issue with the new update. I have applied the 1.08 update from the advent vega site for a clean install ready for r7. 1.08 worked has expected and everything seems to be ok with the install of r7. However after the r7 install and the vega reboots it goes through the usualy boot cycle and shows the Advent logo at this point the screen appears to go off and the Advent logo appears very dim flashs then goes.

The vega will not then turn on, this has now happened twice has I have applied 1.08 twice and each time after the r7 install the issue appears.

Below is the output from running r7 on my Win7 64Bit machine

Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Mounting and emptying system partition...
remount succeeded
Waiting for device...
rm: can't remove '/system/lost+found': Directory not empty

Windows flashing fix phase 1...
1 file(s) moved.
Copying new files...
Creating Symlinks...
Setting permissions...
Windows flashing fix phase 2...
1 file(s) moved.
Flashing boot image...
flashing boot from /data/mcr/boot.img

Done, rebooting...

Cheers
kelv

elephantsoup

elephantsoup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:sanfran,Vega,Hannspad
Thanks Paul.
SOmething else to do when I get home this evening ;)

merch

merch

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:HTC TP2, Advent Vega

Yes, but what I meant is that it's not the industry standard used by every other device. I have approximately 1 million* cables that are standard full sized USB on one end, and either micro or mini on the other, that I've collected over the years with various devices, but I don't have a single other device that uses full sized USB on both ends. :-) In fact I think (but wouldn't swear to it), that the USB spec suggests that if you want full size usb on both ends, it should be USB-A on one end and USB-B on the other.

* give or take 5%.

hmm I see your point now. good thing is that we can (now) use usb sticks and HD all with one port.

tonyyeb

tonyyeb

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, iPad
  • Twitter:@tonyyeb

hmm I see your point now. good thing is that we can (now) use usb sticks and HD all with one port.

Exactly, I think there would be more complaints that you couldn't use it with USB devices if it had a mini USB rather than the USB A connector.

Vega Battery For Sale: eBay
Vega Power Supply For Sale: eBay

Jon Green

Jon Green

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Paul - very many thanks for this! A tenner coming your way for your diligent hard work!

I can now switch to USB Host Mode without needing to install a third-party rooter. However - I'm seeing the same problem some others have reported (but which I've not seen a solution suggested for): using a USB keyboard, one key ('w' in my case) goes onto endless auto-repeat. I've tested the keyboard against a PC, and it behaves itself.

Do you have any ideas what might be behind this, and what might fix it?

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by Jon Green, 04 February 2011 - 03:46 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Paul - very many thanks for this! A tenner coming your way for your diligent hard work!

I can now switch to USB Host Mode without needing to install a third-party rooter. However - I'm seeing the same problem some others have reported (but which I've not seen a solution suggested for): using a USB keyboard, one key ('w' in my case) goes onto endless auto-repeat. I've tested the keyboard against a PC, and it behaves itself.

Do you have any ideas what might be behind this, and what might fix it?

Thanks,

Jon

Hmmm, no, no idea! ;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

tr201

tr201

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Release looks good. But before I install I'd like to know if it's possible to let WIFI stay on in standby. Anyone?

Neilkt

Neilkt

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Thanks Paul and everyone involved in creating this new update...works a treat...nice and speedy.
did notice that your E.C. Version was 1.7.2 ........mine is 0.0.0 is this important?

castab

castab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, Advent Vega
Thanks for the update Paul, appreciate all the work you've put in. Applied r7 using clockworkmod sucessfully.

Have to say though I'm having awful problems with screen sensitivity now. It's just taken me about 10 attemps to get the screen to unlock. I ran the screen calibration app too and thats made absolutely no difference.

I'm having problems whereby pressing on one app in the app drawer, opens a completely different one. Keyboard staying stuck open whilst in browser, unable to type or delete characters. Back button unresponsive.

The only button that seems responsive is 'home'.

I notice in your instructions you state 'if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.' - now where would I do this wipe?

Cheers

Edited by castab, 04 February 2011 - 03:57 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Have you tried running the 'screen calibration' app?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

castab

castab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Have you tried running the 'screen calibration' app?

P

Yep, see post.

castab

castab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Seems to be getting worse - I cant unlock the screen or power it off now - nothing is responding.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts

Yep, see post.

Ah yes. That's weird then. ;)

P

Posted Image

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk

Seems to be getting worse - I cant unlock the screen or power it off now - nothing is responding.

maybe your screen is dying, you might have to try flashing a pure stock rom, see if problem still remains, if so then its likely to be your hardware, if not then for some strange reason its the rom.

castab

castab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm gonna have to let the battery run down so it powers down then see if i can get into recovery to restore my nandroid backup - unless anyone has a better suggestion?

kmfry

kmfry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi.

Got a bit of an issue with the new update. I have applied the 1.08 update from the advent vega site for a clean install ready for r7. 1.08 worked has expected and everything seems to be ok with the install of r7. However after the r7 install and the vega reboots it goes through the usualy boot cycle and shows the Advent logo at this point the screen appears to go off and the Advent logo appears very dim flashs then goes.

The vega will not then turn on, this has now happened twice has I have applied 1.08 twice and each time after the r7 install the issue appears.

Below is the output from running r7 on my Win7 64Bit machine
Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Mounting and emptying system partition...
remount succeeded
Waiting for device...
rm: can't remove '/system/lost+found': Directory not empty

Windows flashing fix phase 1...
1 file(s) moved.
Copying new files...
Creating Symlinks...
Setting permissions...
Windows flashing fix phase 2...
1 file(s) moved.
Flashing boot image...
flashing boot from /data/mcr/boot.img

Done, rebooting...

Cheers
kelv

Can anyone help with this, bit worried I may have knackered my vega

dannight

dannight

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone Advent Vega

I'm gonna have to let the battery run down so it powers down then see if i can get into recovery to restore my nandroid backup - unless anyone has a better suggestion?

does holding the power button down for ~6 seconds not turn it straight off?

castab

castab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

does holding the power button down for ~6 seconds not turn it straight off?

Ahh yeah so it does. I forgot that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users