simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

Hi Guys,

Very new to the Verga and am reasonably good with tech. Paid my dues for all your hard work B) . Just need to know how to get the "Click to bake"? The big picture at the bottom to appear? All I get is something about premium users?

OK as if by magic it appeared, so have baked and saved to the Vega SD card - now stuck using the instructions below. How do I restart the device in recovery mode?? Then what about perform a nandroid backup from the menu, I assume after the restart from recovery I will see that in a menu?

Sorry for the newbie questions - I did do a search honest guv :unsure:

To install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Cheers,
Steve.

Search for "clockworkmod easy installer". Nandroid backup simply means a complete backup of the ROM NAND (the flash memory where it's stored). In clockworkmod on the main menu - Backup/Restore.

Edited by simonta, 13 November 2011 - 12:27 PM.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

Nick1964

Nick1964

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Vega, HTC Hero
I have not used my Vega for a long time.
I see there are new roms from advent vega.
But I assume,that when I install them, the modaco rom is gone.
Is it handy to install first the latest rom from advent and then re-install with the modaco rom, or is everything reverted bij de modaco-rom ?
I have the R8 on the system all the time.
I have the clockworkmod and things like that and nand backup, so Am I still up to date ?

Edited by Nick1964, 22 November 2011 - 10:09 AM.

allyabe

allyabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
Can anyone help me i have downloaded the file and extracted the files connected my vega to laptop and started windows installer but all i get is dos box saying waiting for device

ianstacey77

ianstacey77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello

First off, thank you for the effort you've put into this ROM and the continued support on here - to all of you!

OK, I am running Vista and trying to upgrade using the install-windows.bat from the command line. It returns the following error:
'adb-windows.exe' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have loaded the usbdrivers from the extracted files. Even tried to uninstall and reinstall - but still getting this error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Andy_E

Andy_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hello

First off, thank you for the effort you've put into this ROM and the continued support on here - to all of you!

OK, I am running Vista and trying to upgrade using the install-windows.bat from the command line. It returns the following error:
'adb-windows.exe' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have loaded the usbdrivers from the extracted files. Even tried to uninstall and reinstall - but still getting this error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

"adb-windows.exe" should be in the same folder as "install-windows.bat".

If it isn't, I've attached a zip of it anyway.

Attached File  adb-windows.zip   214.11KB   20 downloads

jordies

jordies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont get a command prompt when plugging in the USB! Im running windows 7, I have done a "erase all content" and have debugging mode on! Yet i get nothing :( HELP!!!

Edited by jordies, 19 December 2011 - 08:03 PM.

Bert1967

Bert1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
after trying to install it just gets as far as deamon started sucsessfully and just hangs there ant ideas ??

Bert1967

Bert1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi used USB drivers provided and tried update on windows xp my current kernel version 1.10 it just seems to hand on
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

just stays there any ideas ??

please help

Bert1967

Bert1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi used USB drivers provided and tried update on windows xp my current kernel version 1.10 it just seems to hand on
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

just stays there any ideas ??

please help

feuxfollets

feuxfollets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my touchscreen stops working every day in the afternoon. I have to plug a mouse in and go to screen calibration to fix it.

well I left usb peripheral on by accident, and I can't do that anymore. does anyone else get this issue with r8? how can I fix it?

purplebassline

purplebassline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
Has this zip download been removed? the bake isnt coming up

togge850

togge850

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:point of view
A run Honeycomb 3.2 latest build of a POV Mobii Tegra but can t turn gps on anyone have any tips?

Genaga

Genaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Can you use a 360 controller with this or do I need to install vegacomb?

sqweek

sqweek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Heya! I was having a poke around in the zip in an effort to improve my understanding of how ROMs are distributed (ultimately I want to drop my own custom kernel onto my vega), and upon examining the boot.img, I can't find any kernel command-line... how does that work? Doesn't the kernel need at least mtdparts= to find the partitions? Also everything I've read suggests that usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 is required with the up to date kernels.

I figure there's a few possibilites:
1) The commandline and relevant information is actually compiled into this kernel (I still couldn't find any mention of mtd via strings(1) though)
2) This kernel doesn't need a commandline
3) The boot image tools I'm using look in the wrong place for the commandline (they pick the commandline out with "od -A n --strings -j 64 -N 512 boot.img")

Any hints?

JimND

JimND

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
Just a thanks from me for supplying the ROM. The standard one wouldn't work with the Android Kindle app, this version does and is faster. Great stuff.

A quick note though. I had trouble getting the install to run from Ubuntu, until I thought to run the install script using 'sudo'. Maybe a line in the instructions to let users know to run the scripts as root?

Also I was going to contribute as a thanks, but I'm not really interested in a recurring subscription. Is there a 'donate' button anywhere?

jono25

jono25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Avent Vega
I'm new to this and stick. Can someone please tell me how I remove the awful icons for MAIL,MYMEDIA,TWITTER ETC I can see how to add and remove my own choices but these are stuck.

Thanks

tmmv1

tmmv1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Advent vaga
Hi Is this R8 version still the latest one please? or is there a newer version?

Scanno

Scanno

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z, POV Mobii Tegra

Hi Is this R8 version still the latest one please? or is there a newer version?

There are newer ROM versions based on android 4.0 and 4.1. Look around in the fora ;)

If you feel VegaCream is worth it and would like to show your gratitude (the donate link is added on request):
Posted Image
AND also do NOT forget about ejtagle and brucelee666 for their great work.

tmmv1

tmmv1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Advent vaga

There are newer ROM versions based on android 4.0 and 4.1. Look around in the fora ;)

Cheers

Dezza77

Dezza77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega Tablet

I can't get Wi-Fi working after installing the r8 MoDaCo custom rom, I have tried erasing all my settings then installing but still no Wi-Fi. It just keeps coming back with error when I try to select it. I used the ClockworkMod recovery method from my SD card to install it, as it would not find the device from my PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users