859 replies to this topic

Bobbler

Bobbler

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
WOW! This ROM is properly fast to my eyes, everything seems really really fluid.

crockwit

crockwit

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Happens to me too, however, I had this issue on 1.06.5 with the old kernel so it may not be related to r7. Strangely, I can sometimes move a 2MB app without problem but then a 100KB app will not move to SD. Also, sometimes retrying several times I am able to do it.

Maybe there is something wrong with the cache partition on the Vega? Not sure what else it could be, I usually have between 35MB-50MB free internal storage space.

I have had this problem with other releases. My theory is that if the app has previously been moved to the SD card the next time you try move it finds the previous copy
and fails to move. If you re-press the move to SD card button it will move the app to the card. I have not found any apps that fail to move after the second attempt. I do not think this is anything to do with the r7 release.

Dunetails

Dunetails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

That must be a guiness world record for the longest post ever!

Point taken, edited the post ;)

Dunetails

Dunetails

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Dunetails - Have you tried putting on 1.06.5 and running the install from there?

G

No, not yet, trying to find a copy. In the meantime I'm trying to run the ROM install from Windows instead.

UPDATE: same result on 1.06 sadly.

UPDATE 2: Flashed the ROM from a Windows machine and it worked perfectly. My problem was clearly something specific to Linux.

Edited by Dunetails, 04 February 2011 - 11:29 PM.

Nemes1s

Nemes1s

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:Vega (1.09 + mcr8)
  • Twitter:@FredTrigg
Now upgraded to MCR7, Quadrant rating on MCR6 including PP was 1990, MCR7 rating is 2303! Very pleased indeed :D

Also I seem to be able to move apps to SD no problem.

Paul, you're the man ;) ....... now if you were just to add Honeycomb when it is available .... ;)

Mr E Mann

Mr E Mann

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Orange SF
Quadrant of 1899 on r7...
then while typing that in here an FC error...

Ran it straight away... this time it runs with the CPU test... (it missed that out before) and a nice 2145 ;)

Edited by Mr E Mann, 04 February 2011 - 11:16 PM.

sgruffalo

sgruffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, San Francisco
  • Twitter:@sgruffalo
Firstly, thanks to Paul and all involved in getting the vega to this level. I have now installed MCR r7 and CWM with no problems ;) The only issue that I have now is that i cannot get flash to work. I have tried installing from the market and restoring from a titanium backup with no success. Can anybody advise what the cause of this issue may be and how i can resolve it?

Thanks

Steve

Country Bumkin

Country Bumkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Vega, Nokia 5800
First a thank you to Paul for all his hard work, I got my Vega yesterday and have been reading this forum for a few days before so I was prepared for the update.

This afternoon I flashed the ROM to his prebaked version and all seemed well, turned my ‘toy’ into a useful machine but (there is always a but…), like others I found I could not use the SD card to either copy applications to, or install anything on.

So I thought as the card was unused anyway (brand new machine) I would just try formatting the card and try again.

At this point let me say I know little about Android so what I did may not be correct but I went into settings, SD Card, and found the Format command was greyed out. So I pressed the Un-mount command and Format lit up. I pressed the Format bar and it gave a quick flash and that was it. Pressing the Mount SD Card again did nothing and I got a warning that the card was either blank or had the wrong file system.

So can anyone suggest how I can fix this so my card is useable again?

Many thanks CB.

GingerDayWalker

GingerDayWalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Advent Vega

First a thank you to Paul for all his hard work, I got my Vega yesterday and have been reading this forum for a few days before so I was prepared for the update.

This afternoon I flashed the ROM to his prebaked version and all seemed well, turned my ‘toy’ into a useful machine but (there is always a but…), like others I found I could not use the SD card to either copy applications to, or install anything on.

So I thought as the card was unused anyway (brand new machine) I would just try formatting the card and try again.

At this point let me say I know little about Android so what I did may not be correct but I went into settings, SD Card, and found the Format command was greyed out. So I pressed the Un-mount command and Format lit up. I pressed the Format bar and it gave a quick flash and that was it. Pressing the Mount SD Card again did nothing and I got a warning that the card was either blank or had the wrong file system.

So can anyone suggest how I can fix this so my card is useable again?

Many thanks CB.

I had this issue awhile back, for some reason i have no idea why it seams to format it to the wrong file system? beyond me but i had to put the card in my desire and then format it on that, swapped it back into the vega and boom! she worked again... hope this helps ;)

Country Bumkin

Country Bumkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Vega, Nokia 5800

I had this issue awhile back, for some reason i have no idea why it seams to format it to the wrong file system? beyond me but i had to put the card in my desire and then format it on that, swapped it back into the vega and boom! she worked again... hope this helps ;)

Thanks for the reply, any idea what file format the SD card used because I don't have another device I could format it with but if it's a normal Linux format I could boot from a live CD in my laptop and use Linux to format it.
I think I can remember how ;) .

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
Just incase anyone was wondering, this ROM still suffers from the accelerometer X-Y swapping issue but this can still be fixed by replacing the modified libsurfaceflinger_client.so file from the accelerometer thread on these forums, But doing so breaks mouse support, although basically all accelerometer games work correctly one this has been done ;)

Zeb

GingerDayWalker

GingerDayWalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Advent Vega

Thanks for the reply, any idea what file format the SD card used because I don't have another device I could format it with but if it's a normal Linux format I could boot from a live CD in my laptop and use Linux to format it.
I think I can remember how ;) .

No idea pal, i used the Desire to format it again so i didn't see what it was... I couldn't find my card reader at the time. I'm guessing it's just Fat32....???

RielN

RielN

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Running so smooth, starting to love this device.
Quadrant did a 2307 score.

I have changed LCD density to 140 which gives my a very good experience!
There is a free program for it, which works flawless. Tried 120 and worked too.

Edited by RielN, 05 February 2011 - 01:17 AM.

g6hoq

g6hoq

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Asus eee Pad / LG Optimus X2
  • Twitter:@g6hoq

Has anyone tested GPS with 1.08 + MCR r7?
I use the BT Wayfinder with Car Home / Google Maps, currently on 1.06.5 MCR R6 and working fine business. Cant wait to upgrade but have heard in other threads some issues with GPS on Rom 1.0.8 ?

Thanks
Steve

I should qualify that I was also using Bluetooth GPS Provider to enable comms to GPS, and works a treat.
I will be upgrading very soon and will report if any problems.

Thanks all

Steve

eriksp

eriksp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I have had this problem with other releases. My theory is that if the app has previously been moved to the SD card the next time you try move it finds the previous copy
and fails to move. If you re-press the move to SD card button it will move the app to the card. I have not found any apps that fail to move after the second attempt. I do not think this is anything to do with the r7 release.

I tried to roll back to R6 with MCK2 from Nandroid backup and was able to move apps to SD with no problems. Reinstalled R7 using CWM and can not move any new apps to SD. This did not seem to be size dependant, it does nbot matter how many times I tried to prtess the button.

Is there anybody who can move apps to SD when using R7 and if yeas what update metod you used. Thanks.

castab

castab

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, Advent Vega

maybe your screen is dying, you might have to try flashing a pure stock rom, see if problem still remains, if so then its likely to be your hardware, if not then for some strange reason its the rom.

I flashed stock rom, and it appears my screen has indeed died. I have 2cm band down the left hand side thats still responsive , but the rest is dead. So it's going back to PC world today.

nickwarn

nickwarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:DESIRE HD, T. Folio, POV Mobii
  • Twitter:@nickwarn72

I tried to roll back to R6 with MCK2 from Nandroid backup and was able to move apps to SD with no problems. Reinstalled R7 using CWM and can not move any new apps to SD. This did not seem to be size dependant, it does nbot matter how many times I tried to prtess the button.

Is there anybody who can move apps to SD when using R7 and if yeas what update metod you used. Thanks.

I can. If your talking about the in built froyo AP2SD. It works just fine. I just press the button move to SD and it moves. I installed from clockwork and i used a rom i baked in the kitchen.

eriksp

eriksp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I can. If your talking about the in built froyo AP2SD. It works just fine. I just press the button move to SD and it moves. I installed from clockwork and i used a rom i baked in the kitchen.

Did you try with the app which has never been on the SD before? It works if I move app off sd and then back. What options did you use in the kitchen?

nickwarn

nickwarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:DESIRE HD, T. Folio, POV Mobii
  • Twitter:@nickwarn72

Did you try with the app which has never been on the SD before? It works if I move app off sd and then back. What options did you use in the kitchen?

Yep, i never had any of them on there before

Edit: Just tryed one moore, Dropbox it just flies over

Edited by nickwarn, 05 February 2011 - 08:48 AM.

nosferatu_vos

nosferatu_vos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Point of view mobii tegra
Wow, its fast.
I'm running the webmachine rom(korean version) with r7.
Just ran quadrant, score was 2496.
I'm very pleased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users