[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Why does Cyanogen Settings FC? Is cmparts.apk missing?

You're probably still using beta1, the link in the first post is still the old version even though the text says beta 1.1.

Try this link for beta 1.1 where cyanogen settings work: http://www.flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/...6.1-beta1.1.zip

btw, is it only for me the auto-rotate screen does not function on beta 1.1?

Edited by exec

Guest Frankish
You're probably still using beta1, the link in the first post is still the old version even though the text says beta 1.1.

Try this link for beta 1.1 where cyanogen settings work: http://www.flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/...6.1-beta1.1.zip

btw, is it only for me the auto-rotate screen does not function on beta 1.1?

Doh! And it doesn;t work on 1.0 either. The auto rotate that is. No auto brightness either by the looks of it?

Ok, I'm not sure what this should have broke, but since I'm just playing around I had the new kernel update.zip that Seb made for de-softened way back when and I flashed it over.

Leds light on boot and when pressed, but it either broke the proximity sensor or possibly that never worked on 6 either. (I see Sensors listed as not working in 7)

Flashed the CM6 boot image back over, the proximity sensor is still not working and I get fc's in CM settings in the Backlight settings.

I realise it's very possibly me that messed it up while playing around. I'll flash all of 6.1 again to see if sensors were working on a clean install.

Doesn't seem to auto rotate either.

Proximity working on callscreen, but not for autobrightness as of yet on reflash

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Frankish
Power button doesn't lock the phone.

Everything is pretty slow. But it's great for the first beta!

It does. Hold it for about 2 seconds then let go. Not too long that it brings up the power menu but not too short. It does work the timing is just craaaaaap ;) I'm sure it will be sorted eventually.

Very good job TomG!!

I installed cyanogen 6.1 beta1.1

The home key works for me and the overall experience is very good.Somehow i think this rom is faster than any other i used (at least the ui).

About the wifi...it seems that finaly it doesn't sleep when the phone sleeps.

Although if you put your phone to sleep without active download the wifi sleeps too(no ping reply) but if you re downloading something the wifi doesn't sleep!

When the phone wakes up the reconnection (if it really reconnects) is instant.

phone: Greek zte blade (with 512mb ram mod)

edit: about the wifi,actually it seems that it sleeps when you download something but while in sleep the wifi wakes up from time to time for about 1sec (there is traffic)

kinda strange behavior ;)

Edited by nio25

Guest Simon O

I have every confidence in Tom getting this fully working. Many months ago he ported CM6 to the Pulse and after a lot of work it's almost perfect. So give patience, report bugs and help in the development if you can. ;)

BTW the CM7 is extremely buggy. Doesn't even work on my phone (but tom knows) ;)

Guest UbaRolfey
I have every confidence in Tom getting this fully working. Many months ago he ported CM6 to the Pulse and after a lot of work it's almost perfect. So give patience, report bugs and help in the development if you can. ;)

BTW the CM7 is extremely buggy. Doesn't even work on my phone (but tom knows) :D

I think your quite right, it will be great!

I have noticed that this version is super slow, much slower than the JJ series so far, I know egl has not been enabled yet though, I have also found that the market it very buggy, like it was in the first rom's, I but I wonder if that's because it's using the old leaked Chinese kernel?

I have also found that the phone is locking up, for a period, and then rebooting, these not complaints at all, I'm just stating my experience so others can compare. also I could not get data to flow over wifi, but I could get it to connect ok.

something else that I found surprising in particular, when I eventually managed to get it to download ADW EX, this really ran super badly, far worse than launcher pro, and ADW EX is literally (maybe not the best) but fastest launcher out there currently.

with a bit of feedback hopefully it will help to point Tom and the Dev's in the right direction. I would like to finish be saying what a unbelievable achievement this is and when a great job everyone has done ;)

Mike

Guest cooldfuzion

I tried to install the cm6 and cm7 and allways gives an error: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="|| getprop("ro.build.device") what am i doing rong??

EDIT: Either use this modified version of Sebastian's 3.0.0.5 ClockWorkMod until the necessary values are added, or disable asserts before flashing (its an option in the "install zip from sdcard" menu).

just needed to install the Sebastian's 3.0.0.5 ClockWorkMod,

Thanks dude for this excelent and hard work ;)

Edited by cooldfuzion

I tried to install the cm6 and cm7 and allways gives an error: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="|| getprop("ro.build.device") what am i doing rong??

Not reading the first post.

Guest IronDoc

Nice work. Good to see this finally sorted.

I'm still on Clockwork 2.5.8 and there are no options about asserts. What are they and do I need to update to the newer one to flash this?

Yes there is. Not sure how I missed that. ;)

@Someone who installed: how big is system? I think I'm gonna have to repartition to have a go with this.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest shadowninty
@Someone who installed: how big is system? I think I'm gonna have to repartition to have a go with this.

99mb + 22mb

i think i'll delete the Twitter app anyway, can anyone tell me if the JJ shrink cache mod is compatible with this?

edit: installed without removing anything.. 40KB free in my 122MB /System partition

Edited by shadowninty

Guest digisol

I'm not even going to pretend to understand all the acronyms, but understand that there's a fair bit of excitement - so well done.

Does a port of CyanogenMod for the Blade mean it will have built in HID support?

Guest cooldfuzion

Instaled the CM6.1 works very well but when the screen goes off i cannot get it on! tested the CM7 and it booted up but its to slow the ui!

Nice work ;)

Instaled the CM6.1 works very well but when the screen goes off i cannot get it on! tested the CM7 and it booted up but its to slow the ui!

Nice work ;)

To wake the screen you have to press and hold the power button for 2 seconds, same for sleeping the phone. But you may have already tested that.

Edited by exec

Guest kidimon

Runs great! Thanks Tom G, changed adw to lp immediately, cause it feels so much better ;)

Only thing I hate is that network op shows up as Hutchinson ltd 3g UK instead of 3 :D and btw I cannt lock phone with power button or any other key, have to wait 1 min or so.

And It would be so coool if someone could change or explain me (cause I have no idea :D) how to replace blue tooth controller to data enabler/disabler in notifications.

I allways turn of data, when I dont need it and I save so many juice on that, could last even 4 days with 1 charge ;)

Edited by kidimon

And It would be so coool if someone could change or explain me (cause I have no idea ;)) how to replace blue tooth controller to data enabler/disabler in notifications.

Settings > CyanogenMod settings > User Interface > Widget Buttons

Guest kidimon
Settings > CyanogenMod settings > User Interface > Widget Buttons
Thanks! ;)

Anyway went back to JJ, gonna wait for more stable version, gallery lags extremely for me ;)