155 replies to this topic

nmesisca

nmesisca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@nmesisca

re: Camera, you must not exclude Email from your bake! This will break Camera (I will remove the option)...

P

thanks for the tip Paul but my Email is there alive and working actually well
on push w/exchange (hotmail)
might try to do a factory reset tomorrow..

ordio

ordio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi there,
Great ROM so far... flashed it today.. and love the changes.. very nice!
I'm using the BELL Galaxy TAB, unlocked...

I had issues when it rebooted after the flash (i used CWM to flash the new rom in), and it wouldn't come up... so i ended up flashing the original CF-Root back on once i could get into download mode again (as i couldn't get into the cwm recovery options)... once i did that i reflashed in CWM, and this time it came up fine.

I have a couple of concerns though.

1. When turning on the tab, in the first few seconds, the screen shows the "galaxy tab" logo, then the screen turns into a screen with grey and white (like a tv when there's no cable set up) for a second, then the galaxy tab comes back fine.
2. I am having issues with bluetooth... i can't for some reason pair with my bluetooth headset or keyboard...

I did a Titanium restore, and i don't recall if i did any bluetooth restore (and don't believe i did as i only restored user apps+data).

Thanks!

I guess i didn't actually ask a question.. lol.
1. Paul, have you seen or heard of anything like that? If not, i can do a video capture of my tab when turning it on if it would help.
2. Have you or anyone had any problems with connecting blue tooth items? it pairs, but never connects (or loses the connection once pair mode is gone).

Thank you.

jda180

jda180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Tab

re: Camera, you must not exclude Email from your bake! This will break Camera (I will remove the option)...

P

Thanks, a rebake with stock email app included fixed the problem,camera works fine now.

terminal 7

terminal 7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Phones,pc,mac,linux,android,osx,nothing else !
  • Devices:toomany-today-M-G
  • Twitter:@terminal7
you know when you tap the picture of someones contact icon you get a popup with all the ways to connect to that person.
you also get the persons last facebook update.

well my ttab has got stuck with that feature and reads the persons facebook update from 6 days ago, probably when beta 5 was flashed..

facebook app and general facebook sync in settings is all upto date and working just fine so this problem seems very strange..

anyone any ideas ???

polbit

polbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab, Nexus One
Ok, forgive my newbness here, but...

I rooted by T-Mobile Tab by using the ADB method (works fine)
I installed ROM Manager, then installed the Cloclworkmod Recovery via the manager (version 2.5.1.8)
When I reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery menu. I then apply update.zip, and it takes me into CM.
I also inserted a 2Gb MicroSD card, with MoDaCo ROM on it.

Now, the problem is that I can't get the Tab to see the MicroSD card in CM - mounting ext_sd does nothing - the external_sd dir does not show my MicroSD card, and nandroid backup copies straight into the internal SD card, with no other options.

Can someone tell my what am I doing wrong here? My understanding was that I need to perform the Nandroid backup to the MicroSD card, then the ROM will do a full wipe and conversion to ext4 of the internal SD card)... But i don't know how to get to that point..

Thanks for any help!

tikumo99

tikumo99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Tab, g1

Ok, forgive my newbness here, but...

I rooted by T-Mobile Tab by using the ADB method (works fine)
I installed ROM Manager, then installed the Cloclworkmod Recovery via the manager (version 2.5.1.8)
When I reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery menu. I then apply update.zip, and it takes me into CM.
I also inserted a 2Gb MicroSD card, with MoDaCo ROM on it.

Now, the problem is that I can't get the Tab to see the MicroSD card in CM - mounting ext_sd does nothing - the external_sd dir does not show my MicroSD card, and nandroid backup copies straight into the internal SD card, with no other options.

Can someone tell my what am I doing wrong here? My understanding was that I need to perform the Nandroid backup to the MicroSD card, then the ROM will do a full wipe and conversion to ext4 of the internal SD card)... But i don't know how to get to that point..

Thanks for any help!

you need to insert the update zip on the internal external sd :P so not your microsd..
i've tried to do that also but didn't work, not until i put in on the internal sd card.

StarmanUK

StarmanUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000
  • Twitter:@Starman_UK
Silly question - but how do I restart into recovery mode?

antiochasylum

antiochasylum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:GB NeXus one, FroYo Galaxy Tab

adb reboot recovery
Download quickboot form the market, select reboot recovery.
There is a reboot app that comes in the rom, select recovery from it.
Terminal emulator, SU (enter) reboot recovery (enter)

NeXus One on MicroMod 2.3.1
Galaxy Tab on MoDaCo 2.2

jda180

jda180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Or power off, then power on again with the volume button held down....

ordio

ordio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I guess i didn't actually ask a question.. lol.
1. Paul, have you seen or heard of anything like that? If not, i can do a video capture of my tab when turning it on if it would help.
2. Have you or anyone had any problems with connecting blue tooth items? it pairs, but never connects (or loses the connection once pair mode is gone).

Thank you.

Looks like i figured out the bluetooth problem...
Just did a factory reset.. all pairs fine now.

StarmanUK

StarmanUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000
  • Twitter:@Starman_UK
Sorry to ask again chaps - I read the requirements but would someone be so kind as to provide a quick step by step?

domaboul

domaboul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S II / Galaxy Tab
installed today and work perfectly.

note that you have to install "my file"(in the kitchen) if you want to import ebooks .

thanks for your rom Paul

jda180

jda180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Sorry to ask again chaps - I read the requirements but would someone be so kind as to provide a quick step by step?

Have you looked here? Instructions from Paul

mifran

mifran

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
I have tried the kernel rfs and ext4 convert and both fail in odin and also this rom with ext4 convert but i cant get cwm to work it just will not install is this because i have samfirmware JMI rom installed after i bricked it trying to do the rfs kernel first how can i rectify this

mifran

lekky

lekky

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I wrote a step by step here http://droid-den.com...alaxy-tab-guide

www.Droid-Den.com --- Rachid.Otsmane.com --- Le3ky @ Twitter

Androids: HTC Hero [Stolen!!!!] - HTC Desire [Sold] - Samsung Galaxy Tab [Sold] - LG Optimus 2X [Sold] - Samsung Galaxy SII - Asus Eee Pad Transforme

antiochasylum

antiochasylum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:GB NeXus one, FroYo Galaxy Tab

Easiest way. Turn tab off. Turn back on holding power and volume up for 4-5 seconds then release. You'll be in recovery then.

Edited by antiochasylum, 08 February 2011 - 12:32 AM.

NeXus One on MicroMod 2.3.1
Galaxy Tab on MoDaCo 2.2

lekky

lekky

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Having issues with BT, same as ordio, but a factory reset didn't fix the issue.

Paul I can provide logs, what events are of interest? Turning on bt and attempting to connect? Connect will have to be later as its my car stereo.

www.Droid-Den.com --- Rachid.Otsmane.com --- Le3ky @ Twitter

Androids: HTC Hero [Stolen!!!!] - HTC Desire [Sold] - Samsung Galaxy Tab [Sold] - LG Optimus 2X [Sold] - Samsung Galaxy SII - Asus Eee Pad Transforme

Cowie

Cowie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
Just got my Tab this afternoon and the first thing I did was root it and install this rather excellent ROM. Then I applied for the £200 movies, music & books from Samsung. To get the movies you apparently need to go into the movies application on the Tab and set up an account. However, the movies app seems to be missing (or am I missing something)? Is there a way round this or has someone got the movies apk file I could borrow?

Doh! Apparently the icon is just a link to samsungmovies.com.

Cheers.

Edited by Cowie, 08 February 2011 - 05:15 PM.

xcobrax

xcobrax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys, I just upgraded to premium so I could download and play, but I guess I am having issues with clockwork recovery. So I looked up clockwork but the download links are broken via xda and tab forum. So I downloaded Odin and I have no clue what to do. I've searched for "how to flash modaco rom for tab" and all varitions of it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Clockwork flashes with this - http://android.modac...ung-galaxy-tab/

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users