anyone tried a high capacity battery??

Guest scottie1973

Guest abyssunderground

It doesn't even state battery capacity, so I wouldn't bother. It's probably sales writing to draw you in but is probably a standard or cheap Chinese rip off battery. I wouldn't bother unless you know the capacity is higher than the one you currently have.

• 5 months later...
Guest Bob1942

Same here but one might be ok as a backup.

I bought a charger for the P500,just £8.75 post free from Hong Kong,took 5 days to arrive,you charge it then plug into the phone to charge the phone,available black or white,steer well clear of one on ebay claiming to be 2430mAh, I got a refund,its appears same size as the regular 1500mAh but doesn't fit stopping the back from sitting properly.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stephen J. Knill

hey all

just been browsing the magical fleabay and saw some ads for "high capacity" battery for the gt540..just wondered if anyone has tried them out?

ebay item

ahhh what the hell... I'll ordered one, I'll let you know in a week or 2 when it gets here how it performs (and it's actual capacity...)

EDIT: Maybe not... postage isn't free... ahahaha! :s (Also found someone else that has brought one, they are only 1600mAh (100mAh higher, but they degrade pretty fast apparently... as could be expected for the price tag.) -- And I found somewhere here in Australia that I can get a 1600mAh battery compatible with the GT540 with free postage nation wide. So it will only cost me half the price as the one from UK would do.

Added: These batteries are miss-labled they are only 1100mah.

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kfcisntchicken

hey all

just been browsing the magical fleabay and saw some ads for "high capacity" battery for the gt540..just wondered if anyone has tried them out?

ebay item

they are very high capacity.............they work extremely well.................all though likely to explode and blow your head off................hope this helps.........................

Guest Stephen J. Knill

they are very high capacity.............they work extremely well.................all though likely to explode and blow your head off................hope this helps.........................

Nope, sarcastic posts never really offer any help...

• 4 weeks later...