[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

thanks for all devs!

Installed and testing.

May I know where can I set the values of low memory killer? Thank you!

figured it out:

a2sd lowmem-moderate

or edit

/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

hi guys,

i have a ext2 partition on my phone.. I moved apps+dalvin (only) to sd, I restored 100 of all my apps via titanium, and my apps didn't have been installed on my partition, but on my phone.. why? can somebody help me? the partition has been recognized

hi guys,

i have a ext2 partition on my phone.. I moved apps+dalvin (only) to sd, I restored 100 of all my apps via titanium, and my apps didn't have been installed on my partition, but on my phone.. why? can somebody help me? the partition has been recognized

check if you activated a2sd

in "adb shell" type "a2sd check"

type "a2sd reinstall" to move your apps to ext partition

A little off topic, but the Official CM Team have made an announcement for unofficial port of CM build

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/a-note-on-...to-get-it-right

i've read it, i think it's obvious for them to clear their position. The meaning is that they don't support unofficial builds since it requires human resources.

Support for a specific device comes as soon as there is a fully working cm port and support team.

Some time ago there was an official post talking about liquid too so there are chance that once everything works fine support will be included.

For sure it would be better if acer releases kernel sources :P

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
i've read it, i think it's obvious for them to clear their position. The meaning is that they don't support unofficial builds since it requires human resources.

Support for a specific device comes as soon as there is a fully working cm port and support team.

Some time ago there was an official post talking about liquid too so there are chance that once everything works fine support will be included.

For sure it would be better if acer releases kernel sources :P

On it.

check if you activated a2sd

in "adb shell" type "a2sd check"

type "a2sd reinstall" to move your apps to ext partition

I just did it. my ext2 partition works but no apps have been moved to ext. my situtation seen in Titanium is this,

INTERNAL 209 MB (40 MB free)

SD CARD 6.43 GB (443 MB free)

A2SD 1.19 GB (1.15 GB free).. why? :S

If I check the status of apps/dalvik/cache via recovery it gives me "everything is stored on your phone"..

so I move apps+dalvik to sd but nothing changes

If I move apps+dalvik+data to sd the phone goes to infinite boot

Edited by gnlcp

Guest TheShak

@Koudelka. Battery is the best so far in the CMx range. Comparable to stock.

I've been running this puppy @ 998Mhz, with Wifi, 3G, JIT and GPS enabled. With this battery drain on standby is @ 1% every half hour, which would give 50hrs standby, just over two days not bad (in the android world.) My other phone (Symbian) does 5 days on standby...

Thanks Koudelka, Roggin, thepasto and Phh plus all others... love the Honey Comb System UI theme...

p.s. Would be fab to have Light & Proximity sensors working though :P

Edited by TheShak

Guest thepasto
I just did it. my ext2 partition works but no apps have been moved to ext. my situtation seen in Titanium is this,

INTERNAL 209 MB (40 MB free)

SD CARD 6.43 GB (443 MB free)

A2SD 1.19 GB (1.15 GB free).. why? :S

If I check the status of apps/dalvik/cache via recovery it gives me "everything is stored on your phone"..

so I move apps+dalvik to sd but nothing changes

If I move apps+dalvik+data to sd the phone goes to infinite boot

What's the a2sd check output? can you push it in pastebin? thanks

What's the a2sd check output? can you push it in pastebin? thanks

I just flashed my rom again, and I did everything from beginning..

so, Is this what u asked to me?

Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7600]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

# a2sd check

a2sd check

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

__ _____

| \ |

| | |

|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (2010-09-30)

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop

[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop

[ ] Mount Point = /sd-ext

[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.

[ ] Checking for ext partition

Darktremor 2.7.5.2 Apps2SD Status Report

================================================================================

===

Legend: [Ô£ö]=Setting is correct

[ÔÇ╝]=Setting is correct, but not optimal.

[Ô£û]=Setting is incorrect and needs to be fixed or option is not availa

ble.

================================================================================

===

Block Device - [Ô£ö] Found

- [Ô£ö] /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

EXT Partition - [Ô£ö] Mounted

Mount Point - [ ] /sd-ext

Partition Type - [Ô£ö] EXT2

Support EXT2? - [Ô£ö] Yes

Support EXT3? - [Ô£û] No

Support EXT4? - [Ô£û] No

Apps - [ ] Linked to SD Card.

[ ] No Apps2SD Flag File not found.

[Ô£ö] Programs run from SD card

To run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

Private Apps - [ ] Linked to SD Card.

[ ] No Apps2SD Flag File not found.

[Ô£ö] Private Programs run from SD card

To run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

Dalvik Cache - [ ] Regular directory.

[ ] Dalvik to /cache flag file not found.

[ ] Dalvik to SD flag file not found.

[Ô£ö] Dalvik runs from Int. Storage.

To run from SD card, type a2sd cachesd.

To run from /cache partition, type a2sd cachepart.

Swap - [ ] Partition present.

[ ] Swap partition: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

[ ] No Swap flag file not found.

[Ô£ö] Swap starts.

To deactivate swap, type a2sd noswap

[ ] Note: Not all ROMS activate swap.

ZipAlign - [Ô£ö] Not running at boot.

To activate it, type a2sd zipalign

Dalvik Heap(MB) - [Ô£ö] 32m

Low Memory

Killer Settings - [Ô£ö] 1536,2048,4096,5120,5632,6144

Note: Values are in pages.

1 page = 4KB memory.

Values represent the following:

1st number = Foreground App

2nd number = Visible App

3rd number = Secondary Server

4th number = Hidden App

5th number = Content Provider

6th number = Empty App

[Ôüç] For a list of commands that you can use with Apps2SD

Type: a2sd help

Edited by gnlcp

Guest thepasto
I just flashed my rom again, and I did everything from beginning..

so, I this what u asked me?

Yes, it is.. A2sd is working.. this is what you get Programs run from SD card. I see no problem.

Yes, it is.. A2sd is working.. this is what you get Programs run from SD card. I see no problem.

so why my apps don't automatically be installed into my ext2 partition? should I change something in Cyanogen settings?

Guest thepasto
so why my apps don't automatically be installed into my ext2 partition? should I change something in Cyanogen settings?

try to set internal in Cyanogen settings-->applications. Don't know if it works, if not, you have to move manually your apps to phone.

try to set internal in Cyanogen settings-->applications. Don't know if it works, if not, you have to move manually your apps to phone.

I set internal in Cyanoge settings... how to move manually my apps to phone? they are already in phone.. I can just move them to sd.. do u mean moving them via recovery?

Guest thepasto
I set internal in Cyanoge settings... how to move manually my apps to phone? they are already in phone.. I can just move them to sd.. do u mean moving them via recovery?

how can they be stored on phone if a2sd is enabled, and, a2sd check say Programs run from SD card? what's the content of your /sd-ext folder? Malez recovery app2sd not works with this method beacuse ext mount point has changed.

Guest fear_factory84

That's for froyo style app2sd, apps in fat32 partition

also nandroid backup +ext2 doesn't work with this rom, any idea on how to make it to work ?

I think that also /cache should be backed up, and nandroid doesn't care to do that..

A question, I've said cancel to the question about which gapps are to be enabled the first time I started Market after flashing. Result: no gapps.

Ho I can reenable the question to install gapps?

Guest TheShak

Dear Sirs,

I found another slight issue... when phone goes into deep deep sleep, it seems the 3G connection then fails to re-initialise when you wake up phone. I had to switch to wireless and then back re-enable 3G.

Anyone else get this...

thanks

Guest thepasto
also nandroid backup +ext2 doesn't work with this rom, any idea on how to make it to work ?

malez recovey search for /system/sd folder to mount ext partition, in this rom default mountpoint is /sd-ext so backup process cannot mount ext and stops working. you can create this folder /system/sd with 777 permissions with root explorer or via adb and nandroid+ext should work

Guest fear_factory84

It seems that some gapps are not included cm7 gapps pack: Maps, Gmail, voice search..

I think that this it's an upstream policy from cyanogenmod team... So I had to install them from market..

This rom is the best gingerbread rom I've seen since before.

App2sd worked for me out of the box. I previously had the ext2 partition, it used it automatically without doing anything.

I set cyanogenmod setting to install all apps (froyo style app2sd) to internal memory, which is a link to ext2 sd partition. I still have to test if all the apps are installed without froyo style app2sd.

I've found that mixing the two methods slows down apps.

Koudelka could you please add ramzswap / compcache on your kernel next time you build it? Please remember to patch also the kernel for swap release notification (CONFIG_SWAP_FREE_NOTIFY) http://code.google.com/p/compcache/wiki/CompilingAndUsingNew

I'll test other features and I'll report how they work..

Thanks everybody!