Clockwork Backup Before New ROM

Guest Steveharr

Guest Steveharr

Everytime I do a Clockwork/nandroid backup and I check the MD5SUM numbers, the data.img file MD5SUM never matches the nandroid one. All the other files are fine. I'm using Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 and have reloaded Clockwork once to make sure and MD5SUM check clockwork too.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Everytime I do a Clockwork/nandroid backup and I check the MD5SUM numbers, the data.img file MD5SUM never matches the nandroid one. All the other files are fine. I'm using Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 and have reloaded Clockwork once to make sure and MD5SUM check clockwork too.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Hi.

Try 2.5.1.8. Use Sebastian404 Recovery Manager to install ClockworkMod Recovery.

Do it from your phone.

Edited by Guest

Guest That-Guy

Just thought I would double check myself using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8 and it does not have this problem so as said above it may be worth downgrading.

Guest Steveharr

Still getting the problem, except now it seems to randomly happen with the other files and not just the data.img one!

I tried through Seb's app and through clockwork itself numerous times.

When i do the MD5SUM on the sdcard it is the same as when I copy them to my PC but it does not match the MD5SUm from nandroid!

could it be the sd card????

Edited by Steveharr

Guest Steveharr

Could it just be clockwork? As I said I do my own MD5SUM on files straight after they are created by Clockwork and they differ for the nandroid md5 figures. The MD5SUM I do on the sdcard always match the ones I do once move to PC.