Unified Remote

Guest PaulOBrien

unifiedremote1.pngunifiedremote2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's Featured Apps', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Unified Remote

What they say

UPDATES:
* Added Haptic Feedback in Preferences.
* Fixed Keyboard bug.

Easily the most feature-filled Android-PC remote. Turns your Android device into a wifi remote control for your PC.

Download Server application at: www.unifiedremote.com

What we say

An excellent 'universal remote' for your PC with lots of different 'modes'. As well as a keyboard and either a regular or multi touch mouse, templates are included for Explorer, Spotify, Task Switcher, Windows Media Player, Media Center, Browser, Powerpoint and more! It's reliable and responsive... a must have if like me you have a PC in your living room. :P

Permissions

Full Internet Access / Prevent Device From Sleeping

Download

View Unified Remote at AppBrain or the Android Market website.

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

unifiedremote.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.46 (2162 ratings)

Version at time of writing

1.21 (note: a Beta version of version 2 is available from http://www.unifiedremote.com and is very good!

Similar / Alternative apps

Also check out GRemotePro, UniveRC (which has a neat widget) and Gmote.

Suggested improvements for the next version

At the moment Unified Remote uses it's own custom keyboard, i'd like to see the option to use the built in keyboards (with the addition of the appropriate keys such as CTRL, ALT etc.)

Have your say

Fan of Unified Remote? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :D

Guest DasErdbeerkuchen

Well, you can use the stock keyboard, or any keybord you want.

Preferences > under Phone Integrtion, check the box Next to System Keyboard (on the awesome beta that is, haven't used the old one in a while).

I have some contact with the developer, if thers is something you want to be included in future releases of the app, write it down and I can contact them.

Edited by DasErdbeerkuchen

Guest mwright

The version listed here seems to have a problem with some PC's.

On mine (Windows XP 32-bit) it refuses to allow the PC to shutdown unless you manually exit the server and then try again.

The authors state that this is a known problem and to use the beta version available from their website which fixes the problem. I have downloaded the new version and installed it - but have not yet tried to shutdown my PC. Will report back later!

Regards

Mike

• 7 months later...