• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

DrEzkimo

DrEzkimo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

You know, with that "HELP ME IM LOST" type messages you dont help resolving the problem at all.
Try installing different roms, backflashing your original one, to see if there is any solution.
Maybe you can try flashing OLED only roms, or stock 2.1. I had to take back mine for an exchange tbh, but
some people say that they original 2.1 rom works. Dont know if it help you out or not.

I think maybe its also to bring attention to the point its not just a one off and if someone has the time, could they look into it.

as currently anyone buying a new phone with the newer se tup could end up having wasted their cash if this situation is the norm :D

gsf 19
Greetz from Dr.Ezkimo

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
if you can run seb404's romdump utility it'll grab everything we need to know, like boot.img recovery.img and system plus the config.gz from /proc/config.gz

http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

http://android.modac...ade-stock-roms/

Tadger

Tadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade

if you can run seb404's romdump utility it'll grab everything we need to know, like boot.img recovery.img and system plus the config.gz from /proc/config.gz

http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

http://android.modac...ade-stock-roms/

OK, but a quick question, should I run this for the stock ROM, or one of the 2.1 ROMs that the screen doesn't respond with.
And also where is the best place to post the dump files ?

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

OK, but a quick question, should I run this for the stock ROM, or one of the 2.1 ROMs that the screen doesn't respond with.
And also where is the best place to post the dump files ?

stock rom, and www.multiupload.com is one of the best place to post the files

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
going to have a look now

rom dump with a blade with touchscreen issue is here http://www.multiupload.com/HDFYO3NV0L

fonix232

fonix232

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade [TFT 512RAM]
  • Twitter:@fonix232

going to have a look now

rom dump with a blade with touchscreen issue is here http://www.multiupload.com/HDFYO3NV0L

I'll check it out, ASAP :D
BTW, kernel dump would have been totally enough, that's the cause, and that is only 4MB :(

Were there any trials with Éclair ROMs? That would be the easiest to compare with!

If you like my work, invite me for a drink or two!

Also, take a look at my Blade-dedicated site too! fonix232.co.cc

chig00

chig00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, i think i have same problem. I got my zte blade (branded as uk orange san francisco) yesterday. The problem seems to me very strange so i will write all details to avoid missing anything important.
Device information:
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: P729BB01
Kernel version: 2.6.29 zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Build number: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

After receiving phone I played with stock firmware for quite a while, then i unlocked the phone, and decided to upgrade android. Method with installing ClockWorkMod from computer didn't work for me (phone didn't react to holding volume up while pressing power) so i installed UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk (md5sum e37d6c0b28c0a94e7b0a94702d5b18da) and RecoveryManager_v0.34b.apk (md5sum 5ad261036fb7d91713be4b2ea3bac453). Using thees programs i installed recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-blade.img (md5sum 4b949d51c54501e1a3dd0a4c6095766e). After booting to recovery i first of all made backup and copied it to computer. Then i partitioned 2GB memory card from phone (512 ext + 0 swap) but after mounting Windows 7 didn't see fat partition, but only 1.86GB unformatted drive. So while card was still in phone i formatted it to fat and copied to memory card file JOHN77_V5.zip (md5sum 4a3e736932330b2be1a38937413d1695). I did all wipes and installation according to instruction, and when it finished phone booted into new android and everything worked. I played with new firmware, installed some apps and then i have decided that i need more space and i need to get ext partition working on memory card. I booted into recovery, partitioned memory card with same 512 ext partition and after turning off phone i put memory card into linux computer. All partitions were visible so i copied JOHN77_V5.zip to fat partition again and after putting memory card back i installed it again (compare to previous time i might have used more wipe options). But after restarting touchscreen didn't work anymore. I saw message about touching android, all buttons were working but i couldn't do anything because touchscreen didn't work. I thought this had something to do with memory card partitioning because it was the only thing i have changed. I tried many different combinations with/without memory card and wiping but nothing worked. As a last resort i tried installing CyanogenMod 7 nightly build with same effect: everything worked but not touchscreen. At this point i was sure that my touchscreen is dead so i was going to return phone and restored backup with orange firmware which i did in the very beginning. Surprisingly touchscreen worked again. I tried installing other ROMs after that and touchscreen worked only with orange firmware. So i am stuck with android 2.1 :D

I am not that good with android but i don't understand how is it possible that JOHN77_V5 worked only first time and doesn't work now.

Balbik

Balbik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
chig00
Give me, please, your backup with orange firmware.

Berndvh

Berndvh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile pulse/ZTE blade
hmm i Had this problem. but after i pulled out the battery multiple times i just waited. That solved the problem for me. Maybe you just have to wait a bit. An flashing LED does mean something doesnt it? Try that but i had to wait about 10 minutes. While i was spamming every button the phone has. Now after every reboot it just works fine.

Solid Cactus

Solid Cactus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,

Same issue here. Bought this phone last week.

I have tested with Japanese Jellyfish R9 & flb-Froyo-blade-r10b and this issue manifests.

Each time I flashed the device I wiped the cache and the user/data partition.

It seems intermittent as sometimes I can power it up the touch screen operates fine but more often than not it doesn't work.

It works fine on the Orange Stock ROM.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If anyone needs me to capture anything from the device please let me know and I will be happy to help out!

Chris Banks

Chris Banks

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, G300, ZTE Blade
Hi, I also have a very similar problem,

Got my Orange San Francisco about 3weeks ago with firmware 2.1-update1 and the touchscreen worked fine.

However after 'ROMing' with FLB-Froyo r10 the touchscreen doesnt work intermittently after turning the phone on.

After taking the battery out and turning it on numerous times it finally starts to work again and there are no issues until I have to switch it off again.
Sometimes it works straight away, other times Im having to restart it 20 odd times to get it working again.

I have no ideas why this would do that. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Carlos Abel Chavez Slim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Your Mum

It seems intermittent as sometimes I can power it up the touch screen operates fine but more often than not it doesn't work.

I have the same problem with both FLB and Swedish Spring.
Touchscreen suddenly stopped working last week, taking battery out didn't help. A few hours later it started working again, later in the day it stopped working.

Flashed to Swedish Spring but still experiencing the same problem.

Very strange.

chig00

chig00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Balbik: At the moment my internet is not good enough to upload 100+ MB i will do it tomorrow at work.

Some new info about my phone: when dialing *983*24474636# it shows this:

TouchScreen Inforamtion:
touchscreen module
name : synaptics
i2c address : 0x22
IC type : 2000 series
firmware version : TM1541
module : synaptics + TPK

Is this same as working phones?

Sc0rPio

Sc0rPio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi

i have the same problem
(link to my other post touchscreen-stopped-working-after-flashing-custom-rom )

so i tested the input output with the stock kernel and the new one.
for "cat /proc/bus/input/devices" and "cat /proc/bus/input/handlers" the output is the same, so both kernel recognized the touchscreen ?? but with "cat /dev/input/event1" there was only an output with the stock kernel .... !!!

its the same for custom ROMs with 2.1 kernel (Swedish_Snow_RLS1) touchscreen doesnt work ... so i flashed only the stock boot.img on the custom ROM 2.1 (Swedish_Snow_RLS1) and it works again ....

so the problem is the driver ? how can i get the new driver ?

Balbik

Balbik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
chig00
Many thanks! Has restored your backup rom, at me all has earned!
Hurrah!!!

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

chig00
Many thanks! Has restored your backup rom, at me all has earned!
Hurrah!!!

Which Link?

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Balbik: At the moment my internet is not good enough to upload 100+ MB i will do it tomorrow at work.

Some new info about my phone: when dialing *983*24474636# it shows this:

TouchScreen Inforamtion:
touchscreen module
name : synaptics
i2c address : 0x22
IC type : 2000 series
firmware version : TM1541
module : synaptics + TPK

Is this same as working phones?

I have a GEN1 UK OLED

TouchScreen Information:
touchscreen module
name : cypress
i2c address : 0xa
IC type : 301e
firmware version : 0x14
module : cypress + winteck

Balbik

Balbik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
http://www.multiupload.com/LPVWUVJAQY
Огромное спасибо chig00!

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco
Has anyone with a no-touch-B10 phone tried to run with Swedish Spring?
I ask that because that should have the very latest ZTE (non-kernel) proprietary software.
Newer even than B10, I think.
Certainly Swedish Spring has newer versions of the proprietary drivers than anything else on this forum
So, I'd expect it to support any hardware variations that B10 supported.

If Swedish Spring shows the same problem, then my guess would be that the tweak is in the kernel ...

Tarot

Tarot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Twitter:@99Tarot
I have OLED San Francisco.

TouchScreen Information:
touchscreen module
name: synaptics
i2c address: 0x22
IC type: 2000 series
firmware version: TM1541
module: synaptics + TPK

No problem with any Custom ROM

Edited by Tarot, 21 March 2011 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users