Application idea

Guest Simon O

Guest bhavin23
Cyanogenmod roms have CM Settings. Some other roms have similar setting apps. So why don't we have one too?

I'm thinking of a small application which can do the following things:

- Enable / disable HW acc in build.prop

- Change the dalvik-vm value

- Enable / disable stagefright in build.prop along with a toggle for the http fix on and off (fixes green bar in H.264 video)

- wpa_supplicant scan changer

- lcd density change

- Apps2SD partition info (total size, amount free, amount used, partition type eg EXT2/3/4)

- Option to toggle the Froyo Apps2fat to force apps to install to /data, /sd or automatic (default). Would be useful for resized partition users

- Option to change the status bar text colour (similar to 0x90 mod)

Now I have to be honest and say I have no idea how to code an Android application so sadly I can't produce this. But what do people generally think? All these options can be done without any system patches apart from the status bar mod which will need a modified services.jar

Anything fancy the challenge of making this?

Absolute System Root Tool allows to edit build.prop file , which covers all the above mentioned point except the last one (color of status bar, i haven't checked though)

LCD density changed between 200-240

:huh:

Guest isambard
Absolute System Root Tool allows to edit build.prop file , which covers all the above mentioned point except the last one (color of status bar, i haven't checked though)

LCD density changed between 200-240

:huh:

cheers. you can actually also edit it by dropping into a terminal and using vi, but the idea is to make a more user friendly UI.

thanks for the link though. gave me some ideas of new features to add :)

Guest isambard

OK. First version is up:

http://droidgram.com/forum/6-Blade-Buddy

I only included basic editing tools with this because I wanted to first iron out incompatibility issues. With so many ROMs, there's bound to be differences surrounding the command line options this app requires: su, chmod, cp, mount etc.

Please note you need to use the Options Menu->Save to write changes!

Let me know if you come across problems or have suggestions. Now to add the other features...

Guest Matty-p
thanks for the suggestions. i'll add the bootanimation and wifi ones.

re: the partition editor. this is something i was thinking of doing as a separate app, but since i have no reliably working blade, i don't have much motivation to write this right now.

i tend to find 15 is better for wifi certianly battery wise it tends to be a good compromise

Guest isambard

OK. v0.32a uploaded to the market. tested working on my 2.2 froyo and also no wbaw's CM7.

It would be good if a few others could try testing to see if it writes the files OK on their ROMs. If all goes well, tomorrow, I will begin adding more editable settings.

the current set of options dont actually seem to do anything in cm7, but the file gets written ok & it should work once there are more options added to the app. its only any use to froyo users at the moment.

Guest isambard
the current set of options dont actually seem to do anything in cm7, but the file gets written ok & it should work once there are more options added to the app. its only any use to froyo users at the moment.

Thanks for all your help. I wanted to test the basics with the simple stuff first. I'll add the extra settings tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vareBlade

Is this actually working though? i tried enabling stagefright and hw but even though it saved them, they were back to 'normal' after a reboot

(ofc rooted blade)

Edited by vareBlade

Guest isambard
Is this actually working though? i tried enabling stagefright and hw but even though it saved them, they were back to 'normal' after a reboot

(ofc rooted blade)

you probably didn't press "menu" and "save".

Guest isambard

BTW, does anyone have JJ2 to test? I've had one report of it not working on this ROM and wondered if it was missing some files required (e.g. cp, chmod etc.)

Guest Simon O
BTW, does anyone have JJ2 to test? I've had one report of it not working on this ROM and wondered if it was missing some files required (e.g. cp, chmod etc.)

JJ2? Japanese Jellyfish RLS2?

Guest isambard
JJ2? Japanese Jellyfish RLS2?

yes, i received one report via google, unfortunately, it only said JJ2 and there is no mechanism for me to contact for more information.

Guest isambard

BTW, I plan to add a feature to allow you to define your own settings to be included for the change. Just need to find some time to implement this...

Guest Matty-p
BTW, I plan to add a feature to allow you to define your own settings to be included for the change. Just need to find some time to implement this...

great