[Android] I8000 Theme's [UPDATED] | 28/4/2011

Guest ashburn

Guest ashburn
I haven't used your file but the original framework-res.apk and replaced some files inside. Obviously the packing is not so easy :D

Anyway I reinstalled.

Haha, the files are not easy. I'll see what i can do to make it easier. Lol easier tutorial i guess. :(

Guest ashburn

I'm not so sure about MIUI, maybe you can ask dev's about it.

Update:

Here's The Almost Completed Black Theme

post-573931-1300889991.jpgpost-573931-1300890010.jpgpost-573931-1300890026.jpg

I'm still thinking of what colour should i put when you press on some popup.. its either Grey, blue or Red... any idea's anyone?

Guest surenz
I'm not so sure about MIUI, maybe you can ask dev's about it.

Update:

Here's The Almost Completed Black Theme

I'm still thinking of what colour should i put when you press on some popup.. its either Grey, blue or Red... any idea's anyone?

Waiting with impatience the theme :D

I prefer green or orange (as by default)...

I hope too that you will add the percentage number of the battery (it seems to be easily taken from other skin)

Edited by surenz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tjeerdos

hi,

with post 2 and 3. do i get the black notification bar with that??

want to know this before i use new service and framework i made with post 2 and 3

greets tjeerdos

Guest problematika
hi,

with post 2 and 3. do i get the black notification bar with that??

want to know this before i use new service and framework i made with post 2 and 3

greets tjeerdos

Can you post your work here? If you manage to apply it as well... :) Some screenshot will be nice! :) tnx!

Guest tjeerdos
Can you post your work here? If you manage to apply it as well... :) Some screenshot will be nice! :) tnx!

wel i only did what is in post 2 and 3. nothing more. and haven't tried it jet.

first want to know, if i do what is in post 2 and 3. will that make a black notification bar

because in his post he says '' Modified StatusBar Font Color: White/Black. [statusbar - White, Statusbar - Black [Original] ]''

but my original is white? so if do post 2 and 3 and have white text and numbers and my notification-bar is white i wont see a thing.

so if someone can say if it's made black. i can try it. but then i only have a black notification-bar with white text etc.

and i don't know if that's what you are looking for?

greets tjeerdos

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest ashburn

First of all, the notification bar is indeed in white & the notification bar font is in black. If you are using the Beta 2 provided that this will help you change the Font color from black to white.... and if you want the notification bar itself to be in black color instead of white you will have to edit whats inside the framework-res.apk. And if you are using a different beta that is not provided by dev such as the korean version the theme are different...... it's hard to explain but i'm sure you'll get it right.

'' Modified StatusBar Font Color: White/Black. [statusbar - White, Statusbar - Black [Original] ]'' for this one, its simple... Statusbar - White is white font, statusbar - Black is black font..

Guest tjeerdos
First of all, the notification bar is indeed in white & the notification bar font is in black. If you are using the Beta 2 provided that this will help you change the Font color from black to white.... and if you want the notification bar itself to be in black color instead of white you will have to edit whats inside the framework-res.apk. And if you are using a different beta that is not provided by dev such as the korean version the theme are different...... it's hard to explain but i'm sure you'll get it right.

'' Modified StatusBar Font Color: White/Black. [statusbar - White, Statusbar - Black [Original] ]'' for this one, its simple... Statusbar - White is white font, statusbar - Black is black font..

okay since i did what was in post 2 and 3. i now have white font and white bar. i don't know what to change in in framework to get black bar.

can you help me?

ps i use beta 2 from devs.

thanks

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest ashburn
okay since i did what was in post 2 and 3. i now have white font and white bar. i don't know what to change in in framework to get black bar.

can you help me?

ps i use beta 2 from devs.

thanks

okay it's simple... get the framework-res.apk file from the beta2 and extract framework-res.apk inside u will see a folder called resources or something. look inside every bit of the folder. There is one with mostly everything in it like images of so and so... You need to find the correct one for statusbar.. currently i wont be continuing making Beta 2 theme. I'm waiting for 2.2 Froyo to made publish by dev's cause its getting closer and i can feel it. So if it comes out anytime soon it will be a little waste if i made Beta 2 theme.. but i can assure that if 2.2 comes out ill be making a theme that suits everyone's desire..

Guest ashburn
+1

That's what I want to hear! :) Cheers! :)

LOL, =) provided if Dev's release 2.2 Froyo =D then i can start working on my magic.... =) I don't know why but android looks so much better with black then white xDD

Guest tjeerdos
LOL, =) provided if Dev's release 2.2 Froyo =D then i can start working on my magic.... =) I don't know why but android looks so much better with black then white xDD

so true

thanks going to look for what you mean

Guest tjeerdos
okay it's simple... get the framework-res.apk file from the beta2 and extract framework-res.apk inside u will see a folder called resources or something. look inside every bit of the folder. There is one with mostly everything in it like images of so and so... You need to find the correct one for statusbar.. currently i wont be continuing making Beta 2 theme. I'm waiting for 2.2 Froyo to made publish by dev's cause its getting closer and i can feel it. So if it comes out anytime soon it will be a little waste if i made Beta 2 theme.. but i can assure that if 2.2 comes out ill be making a theme that suits everyone's desire..

okay did what you said but i cant find the status bar. any idea?

i love to have a black bar

thanks

Guest tjeerdos
the name for the file is statusbar_background.9.png it's located at "framework-res\res\drawable-mdpi"

you'll find it. =DD trust me..

okay i did found that one. i just was looking in the wrong framework-res.apk. this one already had a black one and i was looking for white haha.

thanks

Guest tjeerdos

okay thats strange.

i did what was in post 2 and 3 and made the bar black.

it didn't work. so i replaced it again with original framework and service. but now android won't start any more.

any idea's

tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

okay it's working again. with old framework and services and after replacing it 3 times

but would love to know why it wasn't working. i made fonts white like in post 2 & 3. and changed the bar color to black.

but if i apply. android won't start.

what did i do wrong?

greets tjeerdos

ps

even do froyo is coming. no one knows when. i do think that allot of people would be glad (including me)

if you could post your black bar or theme.

everybody is thinking froyo won't take long anymore but then again it could take weeks............

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

i tried it once more. just don't understand it. i do everyting you say. it just won't work.

it still resets the phone while starting up android.

help!

greets tjeerdos