Project Code: P10AN01

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Guest Paulo Nobrega

So, just go one of those P10AN01... Just got it here...

It's lighter than i thought.. A little more than my Gtablet.

So i think this is a Vega Clone, or the OEM project of them all :P

On the info it has:

Model: harmony

EC version: 0.0.0

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.06_20101126_STD

Compilation: harmony-eng 2.2 FR91 20101122.174855 test keys.

It has a camera, hmdi, standard usb port, micro sd card (not included), 512mb space. Does not have mini usb, so im gonna try connect it to the PC using the standard usb port.

Main question: is it possible to install any of this vega roms????

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest cleavepm
Probably.

I've got the same model as you. I upgraded to 1.06_5 and added R6 +PP. All running fine. Took me a while to get the right USB drivers working with my Win 7 laptop but got there in the end.

1.06_5 isn't on www.myadventvega.com any more but you can get it (and the others) here -

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

Guest perz750

hi. I have the P10AN01 as well. If its the one with the silver edging then its probably the Shuttle version.

I flashed with 1.08 from myadventvegs site then Paul's R7 and it flies along and i have had no problems apart from the mouse pointer which has now disapeared although the mouse seems to scroll and click.

Unlike some I found the 1.08 plus R7 better than 1.06 plus R7.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

USB System Drivers are offline... those were the ones u used?? im trying to download now MoDaCo Tegra USB Drivers to see if i can get it connected to my pc.. also W7 :P

Guest Paulo Nobrega
hi. I have the P10AN01 as well. If its the one with the silver edging then its probably the Shuttle version.

I flashed with 1.08 from myadventvegs site then Paul's R7 and it flies along and i have had no problems apart from the mouse pointer which has now disapeared although the mouse seems to scroll and click.

Unlike some I found the 1.08 plus R7 better than 1.06 plus R7.

yes.. the frame is silver... it's all black, but the frame, around buttons and ports is silver... it does have a software called Shuttle Test Program Android, so i also thought it was Shuttle version..

main problem now is connecting it to my W7.. that's what im trying now.. the lack of mini usb got me confused... I have a Gtablet and it has a standard usb port, but it also has a mini usb to connect to pc... :P

Guest Paulo Nobrega

oh, btw, any of u guys is using ClockworkMod recovery???

that would be a lot easier to update... or try the r7 without having to install 1.65 system before the MCR.

Guest perz750

Hi. I tried r6 on top of the shuttle software and had no end of probslems i would load either the advent 1.06 or 1.08 first before r6 or r7

I dont use cwm but there is posts on here with suggestions re what order to load which would be of use.

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Hi. I tried r6 on top of the shuttle software and had no end of probslems i would load either the advent 1.06 or 1.08 first before r6 or r7

I dont use cwm but there is posts on here with suggestions re what order to load which would be of use.

so.. u are sugesting a FULL Software update Image with 1.08, that i can get on myadventvega and then use the r7, without cwm...

correct??

Guest Paulo Nobrega

ok... i cant connect it to the pc...

im using a cable standard usb port on both sides, dont know other ways to connect it... im missing something or my cable is dead.. LOL

Guest perz750

hi

As i said, i dont use cwm

What i did when i got mine was try r6 + pp over the shuttle software which was full of prolems.

I then did a clean 1.06 plus r6 plus pp

then 1.08 plus r6 with and without pp

then did a 1.08 clean install + R7 and i found this one the best. just my opinion

If you want to load CWM thereis a topic here that explains the best order to load.

Guest rvdgeer
ok... i cant connect it to the pc...

im using a cable standard usb port on both sides, dont know other ways to connect it... im missing something or my cable is dead.. LOL

Maybe nthe device is in USB host mode...

Please look for ADB wireless and the procedures on modaco to perform these steps without a cable...

Guest perz750

ah yes.... RVDGEER is right, well spotted, if i recall that was one of my problems, the shuttle came in usb host mode, one of the reasons i went for loading the advent 1.06 to start with as i just could not connect it to the pc

Guest Paulo Nobrega

hum... i downloaded adb wireless...

Not Root!

Ops! Sorry, but your kernel does not have all the necessary features for running this application, you need a rooted phone

Guest Paulo Nobrega

installed usb mode switcher from modaco... trying to see if it changes...

:P

edit: didnt work... does not reboot... getting out of options now... have no idea how the change the USB mod...

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest cleavepm
installed usb mode switcher from modaco... trying to see if it changes...

:P

edit: didnt work... does not reboot... getting out of options now... have no idea how the change the USB mod...

Have you downloaded the USB drivers from myadventvega? I had to do that first. Then I loaded the geniune 1.06 advent vega rom. Then I downloaded the MoDaCo rom and used the drivers inclded with that download. It all works fine as long as you're patient. In between flashing the geniune rom and loading the MoDaCo rom I ended up having to remove any vega drivers as my pc got its knickers in a knot and refused to recognise the tablet. A tool called USBDeView helped me do that.

Guest perz750

Are u still using shuttle software, if so the switcher will not work u have to load the advent software either 1.06 or 1.08 insructions are on myadventvega website . That will set usb mode to slave then u can load one of the modaco rom as i said 1.08 plus r7 works well

Guest Paulo Nobrega

yep... still on shuttle.. virgin :P

my bad.. i thought i couldnt update using the vega 1.08 without having it first connected to the pc somehow...

ok.. next step, trying to install 1.08 from myadventvega website...

thanks for all the help guys...

will keep posting results :D

Guest thedicemaster

P10AN01 is the original, all the others(advent vega, mobii tegra, etc.) are all re-branded P10AN01's.

easy to see, because they all have a serial number starting with P10AN01(usually under the USB/HDMI/SD cover)

Guest rvdgeer
hum... i downloaded adb wireless...

If your device is in USB-host mode (like mine was) you can follow these steps...

(please do a search around Modaco for detailed steps...)

1. Find and install an app called Visionary by Paul (Modaco). I believe r14 is the latest version. (You might need to mail it to your device or use a dropbox account.)
  2. Run Visionary and run temproot twice (!) to make sure it the device is (temp)rooted!
  3. Do not restart, cause you will loose root access until you temproot (twice) again!
  4. Install USB switcher and switch to USB slave. This shouldn't take more than about 30 seconds (tops). In the process an app called Super User will ask you if you want to grant the switcher root permissions. Allow it to!
  5. The device will reboot itself and is now in slave mode... To gain root access, please run temproot again after each reboot...
After the installation of Pauls MCR (or an earlier MCR Add-On, before r7) the device is permrooted (permanent), so no need to use visionaries temproot anymore...

EDIT:

If you need an even easier method:

1. Power the device off (by pressing the power button for over 6 seconds)
  2. Connect the power adapter!
  3. Connect the USB cable to both the device and the PC!
  4. Press and hold the 'back' button
  5. After one second, press and hold the 'power' button too, but don't release the 'back' button yet.
  6. After another second, release the 'power' button, but hold the 'back' button.
  7. After yet another second, release the 'back' button too.
  8. The device is in a special flash mode, so you can flash an official firmware version at this point.
  9. Download any USB slave enabled firmware version*, like any official Advent Vega firmware version.
  10. Execute the firmware upgrade, follow instructions and wait for it to finish.
  11. After a reboot you can flash Pauls MCR r7, like any Vega owner would...
* Pauls MCR r7 is a not an add-on anymore, but a full ROM, so the firmware will be overwritten...

(Not userdata, so installed programs will be available after the update)

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Ok. Update.

Entering recovery mode by holding back button and power... Windows 7 recognized the device this time.. I must have been doing something wrong.

it detects it like:

NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices

then i run the vega 1.08 update... everything went ok.

then i powered on my device and started seeing Advent Vega logo :P it booted ok.. No visible problems...

will try r7 now

Guest perz750
Ok. Update.

Entering recovery mode by holding back button and power... Windows 7 recognized the device this time.. I must have been doing something wrong.

it detects it like:

then i run the vega 1.08 update... everything went ok.

then i powered on my device and started seeing Advent Vega logo :P it booted ok.. No visible problems...

will try r7 now

Read the R7 topic, it will give you some really good info qnd help

Guest Paulo Nobrega

im trying.. shouldnt be hard...

but W7 now only detects it in Drive Units as NVIDIA Tegra 2 USB Device, so i cant update the drivers to get the ones included with r7...

I have development checked... but... i'm missing something... it does not appear on USB..

It is on slave mode now for sure, cause i can mount my sd card