WidgetLocker Lockscreen

Guest PaulOBrien

widgetlocker1.pngwidgetlocker2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's Featured Apps', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

WidgetLocker Lockscreen

What they say

Place Android Widgets and Shortcuts on your lock screen. Long-press to move just like in Home. Many settings, such as volume keys at lockscreen or trackball unlock

Optional Easy Wake, use any button (volume/camera/trackball) to wake
Dinc trackpad mixed results, investigating.

Launcher Reloads? Read Five Second Rule help.

Recent changes:
Reversed changed from 1.2.8 that was causing some lock screen interaction issues
Added Traditional Chinese
Cleanup

Custom Theme support coming in WidgetLocker 1.3! Please don't email me asking when the update will be released. I'm working hard on it and I want to release it as badly as you want to use it, but I'm going to finish it first. Development takes time. Answering emails about when it will be finished takes time away from finishing it.

What we say

A great, customisable lock screen replacement with the added ability to add widgets to your homescreen. Various levels of interaction can be configured to avoid accidental use (I turn off all interaction for example). Surprisingly useful!

Permissions

directly call phone numbers / discover known accounts / control vibrator / disable keylock / automatically start at boot / expand/collapse status bar / retrieve running applications / reorder running applications / set preferred applications / modify global system settings / prevent phone from sleeping / read sync settings / read system log files / display system-level alerts

Download

View WidgetLocker at AppBrain or the Android Market website.

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

widgetlocker.qrcode.png

Price

$1.99

Market star rating at time of writing

4.32 (4150 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

This application is unique in it's ability to include standard widgets.

Suggested improvements for the next version

This application seems to get confused when I use Tasker to auto enable / disable my PIN... so PIN support could be better.

Have your say

Fan of WidgetLocker? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :P

• 1 month later...
Guest frenchy77

A great, customisable lock screen replacement with the added ability to add widgets to your homescreen. Various levels of interaction can be configured to avoid accidental use (I turn off all interaction for example). Surprisingly useful!

Permissions

directly call phone numbers / discover known accounts / control vibrator / disable keylock / automatically start at boot / expand/collapse status bar / retrieve running applications / reorder running applications / set preferred applications / modify global system settings / prevent phone from sleeping / read sync settings / read system log files / display system-level alerts

I am very very new to android and am eagerly expecting my first device in the much heralded OSF. I am not too tech savvy but follow good instructions well so I have no doubt I will be rooting and upgrading to 2.2 /JJ/SS or which ever.

I have been on to the Android Market to have a brief look at what is out there and I have a concern about these 'permissions.' Above I see many permissions that this app [like many others] will have on my phone. Are these a threat to my privacy and the privacy of my friends [telephone numbers etc]..?? I also have to wonder why I would want to allow an app to have permission to be able to control some settings - the number of permissions skyfire wish to access seem completely irrelavant for an internet browser.

I would appreciate some advice on this issue :)

cheers, Rich

Guest pepepepe12

HEllo people;

I just hook my new Optimus X2 and I am so glad to get this fantastic machine. But I have a problen when I put to charge. the phone after 2hs charging swift off and I am not avaible to turn on again!!

the botton doens´t response to my orders. So all that I can do is; take the battery out and put in again, finally press the on/off button and then the phone restart again with the full battery.

Could anyone help me to find out how the phone tourn off during the charging time?

it is any aption of the phone itself?

thank you

Edited by pepepepe12

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...