BBC to release iPlayer app for Android 2.2

Guest sonofveritas

Guest Anton2k
Looks interesting but the website also works fine

Not for me any many others.... flash go's out of sync after about 35mins of video.... has been an issue from day one no ram / flahs update has fixed it. I would welcome this app but will it to hd? 720p?

Guest Sir Gash
Not for me any many others.... flash go's out of sync after about 35mins of video.... has been an issue from day one no ram / flahs update has fixed it. I would welcome this app but will it to hd? 720p?

You better not get your hopes up then as according to their blog, the Android app will still rely on Flash, unlike the iPad's MP4/Quicktime streams.

Guest Sanddancer75
Nice one cheers

It doesn't work!? I get a couple of seconds of video if I'm lucky.

Edit - & typically it works now.

Edited by Sanddancer75

Guest Sanddancer75

It's still flakey for me. The picture quality is pretty poor (when it works) too, & I can't see any way to change the quality setting like on my 32" Sony Vega (which looks really nice)? Another quibble is that the front end looks like it's been designed to be used in portrait mode until the video starts?

Hopefully they're still working on it?

Edit - I've found the quality settings. I'm just going to shut up now.

Edited by Sanddancer75

Black space for me won't load maybe my build of flash that's optimised for tegra 2?

Edit - Works now figured out I had broken flash during updating r8 yesterday.

Edited by remlap

Guest andrewjones
Still this annouces you will be able to download and stack which isnt currently available to Android users.

I am very pleased.

I see no ability to download anything using the app - I must assume this feature was either disabled or never included ...

Guest Jisonga

I can't find this on the market on my vega. I did find it via the web based market but lists vega as not compatible so won't download.

Any ideas on what to do next.

Jason.

Guest Minimonkey
I can't find this on the market on my vega. I did find it via the web based market but lists vega as not compatible so won't download.

Any ideas on what to do next.

Jason.

Just type in "iplayer" in market (worked for me)

Guest Minimonkey
I have tried bbc, iplayer and also bbc iplayer and every time nothing.

I have even done the get all apps on store trick but still no go, odd.

Jason.

Are you on the latest version of the market? latest custom rom?

Guest TylerDurdenK

This is working really well for me, both on prerecorded stuff and live TV. I have set the quality to high and it looks fab, and so far, no buffering.

Guest trevor432990

Yes it's working nicely for me too. Someone mentioned earlier that downloading might be available but I can't see how to do that on this version am I missing something or is it still under development do you think?

This is working really well for me, both on prerecorded stuff and live TV. I have set the quality to high and it looks fab, and so far, no buffering.

I have it set to High quailty, does it look quite pixelated/upscaled to you in full screen mode?