Building CyanogenMod7

Guest fonix232

Guest simonckenyon

what is the relationship between the two trees (TomGiordano and HCDRJacob)?

i have tried to build both and only tom's will actually build.

the other is missing (at a minimum) vendorsetup.sh

however, it does seem to have fixed some of the bugs in tom's tree

apologies is this is a newbie question. i'm a long time linux and java developer, but i still cannot get my head around git

and this is my first android build.

thanks in advance

Guest whatcolour

Just tired to compile Jacob's CM7, but met with the following error which seems to be related to fm? anybody kindly to give a pointer?

target SharedLib: libandroid_runtime (out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so)

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/AndroidRuntime.o: in function android::gRegJNI:AndroidRuntime.cpp(.data.rel.ro+0x144): error: undefined reference to 'register_android_hardware_fm_fmradio(_JNIEnv*)'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

'out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates//classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...

Guest whatcolour
Did you setup repo and device tree corectly?

You need HCDRJacobs patches too. After merging these, do a make clean and brunch.

Regards,

Christian

thanks for this.

yes, think repo and etc are fine, could compile Tom G's CM7 no problem.

where do I find the patches you are referring to?

EDIT: got it, thanks

cheers

Edited by whatcolour

Guest eAlex79
ok grabbed both .gits

seeing if I can do an aosp lunch

Me again.. I don't consider myself stupid but I don't get this setup..

Tom G's device config builds fine, full images.. though I didn't tried them yet because I wanna know what I'm doing first (and my blade's backcap is not sooooo stable lol)

And the HCDRJacob tree doesn't build at all and tries to fetch files not on the beta rom nor on the original rom.

It looks like he solved some or all of the problems.. so... how the hell do you combine them?

Guest hecatae

I'm doing this:

git clone Tom G's git clone git://github.com/TomGiordano/android_device_zte_blade.git device/zte/blade

git fetch HCDRJacob over the top to merge git fetch git://github.com/HCDRJacob/device_zte_blade device/zte/blade

my build has already failed due to a further proprietary file being needed, added and building again, libdsm.so was the file

build successful, will let you know

built fine.

running at present.

I'm running as close as possible to AOSP Gingerbread,

update zip came in at 63.1mb

http://www.multiupload.com/Q73A09MTU8

md5sum e7ef320d6d2998ae7d67fe1bb32ce57c

zte_blade-ota-eng.zip

no google apps included, no cyanogen apps included, very raw build with only the AOSP basics, no APN settings, no voicemail settings.

Edited by hecatae

Guest metzench
I'm doing this:

git clone Tom G's git clone git://github.com/TomGiordano/android_device_zte_blade.git device/zte/blade

git fetch HCDRJacob over the top to merge git fetch git://github.com/HCDRJacob/device_zte_blade device/zte/blade

my build has already failed due to a further proprietary file being needed, added and building again, libdsm.so was the file

built fine.

running at present.

zte_blade-ota-eng.zip

no google apps included, no cyanogen apps included, very raw build with only the AOSP basics, no APN settings, no voicemail settings.

No need to merge TomGs and Jacobs gits, Jacobs works fine. And if you checkout the cyanogen configs from him to, brunch works and you have a full cyanogen mod.

Regards,

Christian

Guest hecatae
No need to merge TomGs and Jacobs gits, Jacobs works fine. And if you checkout the cyanogen configs from him to, brunch works and you have a full cyanogen mod.

Regards,

Christian

git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git vendor/zte/

difference between the proprietary files?

I've got working wifi,

Edited by hecatae

I'm doing this:

built fine.

running at present.

zte_blade-ota-eng.zip

This is quite nice so far, thanks for uploading!

Quick question, on both this and CM7 I'm having trouble using adb is there a different product/vendor id that needs to be added to udev rules?

Thanks again!

Edit: Something strange or I'm dumb, booted into windows and adb works but I can't mount usb, in ubuntu it's the opposite.

Edit again: usb mounts in windows ok now, haven't gone back to ubuntu but adb worked on my 2.2 rom but won't on CM7 or this so far.

Edited by jt_mcg

Thanks for an almost exact copypasta of instructions from the CyanogenMod wiki & not giving credit, where credit is due....

You mean like here? http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ogenMod_for_Z71

Don't notice "credit" being given to AOSP in the CM instructions, I assume some were based on AOSP. They are only build instructions, to help people, I don't think anyone was claiming credit for them.

Rather than moaning, a more useful 1st post might have said "Thanks for this, are these based on the CM or AOSP guidelines?"

Edited by rjm2k

Guest eAlex79

So. :D I must be stupid. As other get's it build. lol

I'll give Jacob's tree another shot today, maybe I just chose the wrong time to clone and patch it as I saw he was changing it shortly after I cloned it.

And for the build instructions, if you use lunch for an CM build you get something hybrid, so I'd say they are not so good :D

I have a question for working brunch builds: on my system brunch starts building automagically. And if I let it or break it, and then call make, what will it rebuild? AOSP or CM?

My AOSP builds just recompile the changed parts and reassemble the images, it looks like if brunch was used *everything* gets recompiled.

Guest eAlex79

I cleaned the sources, reset my test branch and resynced all of Tom's stuff..

..now the build barks on beeing unable to find headers for qualcomm's gps rpc stuff. And indeed there are prebuild ones for version 1240 and 3200 but not the one in the device config.

Anybody know's what Im doing wrong now? :D

Guest Simon O
I cleaned the sources, reset my test branch and resynced all of Tom's stuff..

..now the build barks on beeing unable to find headers for qualcomm's gps rpc stuff. And indeed there are prebuild ones for version 1240 and 3200 but not the one in the device config.

Anybody know's what Im doing wrong now? :D

Change BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION to 1240

If anyone can spare a second to help me I'd appreciate it.

I think I'm having trouble at the extract-files.sh step.

I'm getting this and more when I run the command:

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 24: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/akmd2': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 26: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 29: adb: not found
./extract-files.sh: 32: adb: not found
[/codebox]

It's not life or death, but I really would like to have a taste of success in building this!

Guest whatcolour
If anyone can spare a second to help me I'd appreciate it.

I think I'm having trouble at the extract-files.sh step.

I'm getting this and more when I run the command:

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 24: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/akmd2': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 26: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 29: adb: not found
./extract-files.sh: 32: adb: not found
[/codebox]

It's not life or death, but I really would like to have a taste of success in building this!

install adb first and put it in path, you have to start the daemon as root too

install adb first and put it in path, you have to start the daemon as root too

Here's whats confusing, if I type adb devices blade is listed so I thought I had adb installed and running properly.

I'll try restarting and running again, thanks for your time!