mouse cursor gone

Guest Sean McTaggart

Guest Sean McTaggart

hi there just installed the R8 custom rom which is brilliant :P

though when I used to use my USB keyboard and mouse I got a little X where the mouse was on the screen

after the r8 update I cannot see this anymore and can't see any way to turn it back on

was this excluded/disabled by the R8 release? and is there any way to get it back?

makes using a mouse and keyboard very difficult =[

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks :D

Guest Sean McTaggart

well its good I'm not the only one with the problem I suppose! I've tried everything and really can't work it out :S

was the cursor part of the custom roms or was that part of the stock rom and the feature has been removed by R8?

hopefully this will be resolved quickly anyway :P guess if anybody knows the answer it will be paul, so if anybody knows how to contact him?

if anybody finds a solution please let us know :D cheers

Guest debs626

I'm having the same problem, i hate not having any mouse support on my vega ...... coupled with the lack of acc streaming .... im starting to realy fall out of love with my vega :D

Also my vega is probably feeling very neglected too

Any smart dev willing to tackle this issue for us? Pls

OK, so I've been doing some research in to this today, and it's not the 1.08 or 1.09 ROMs that break the mouse cursor, it seems to be MCR7 and MCR8 that's doing it.

I've just installed the Vega 1.09 stock ROM, then installed the MCKR2 kernel and then manually pushing SuperUser and Pauls USB mode switcher. Put it right into Host mode and BAM, the cursor is there... So now just need to find out what file in the MCR8 install is breaking this and remove it :D

Zeb

Guest simonta

I'm genuinely curious.

Are you guys using the Vega as a cheap laptop replacement? It seems to me that one of the advantages of using a tablet is to not have a keyboard or mouse?

Do I need to get my coat?

I'm genuinely curious.

Are you guys using the Vega as a cheap laptop replacement? It seems to me that one of the advantages of using a tablet is to not have a keyboard or mouse?

Do I need to get my coat?

I'm only really looking in to this as a matter of interest, I don't actually use a mouse with my Vega. But tbh I can see some good advantages to having this working, if you have it plugged in to your TV via hdmi, the only way to control it is to either walk over to it, or have a very long HDMI cable. Having a bluetooth mouse and keyboard on your sofa to control the Vega while you browse/play games/watch media seems like a great idea, but it's unusable without a cursor!

EDIT: Might have just fixed this, doing some testing now.

Edited by newbe5

Guest simonta
I'm only really looking in to this as a matter of interest, I don't actually use a mouse with my Vega. But tbh I can see some good advantages to having this working, if you have it plugged in to your TV via hdmi, the only way to control it is to either walk over to it, or have a very long HDMI cable. Having a bluetooth mouse and keyboard on your sofa to control the Vega while you browse/play games/watch media seems like a great idea, but it's unusable without a cursor!

Ah, OK. I get it. No need to get my coat just yet then :-)

I use my phone for the same purpose so haven't had the need to mousify the beast.

Guest debs626
Aaaand, fixed :D

Flash this little baby in Recovery and your friendly little X cursor will be back and raring to do your bidding.

All tested, seems to be working fine for me in normal VEGA use and while playing Worms :)

Zeb

WOW tyvm :D I'm assuming that this fix is via Clockwork Recovery mode ?? if so :)

Sadly :'( I've decided to put my Vega on Ebay ..... after not being able to get ACC+ radio to stream again then the lack of USB mouse, + a couple of other lil niggles I've decided to cash it in whilst there is still some money left in it :'( I'm defiantly going to miss it but with all the lil problems I was beginning to using it less and less.

Edited by debs626

WOW tyvm :D I'm assuming that this fix is via Clockwork Recovery mode ?? if so :)

Sadly :'( I've decided to put my Vega on Ebay ..... after not being able to get ACC+ radio to stream again then the USB mouse support, + a couple of other lil niggles I've decided to cash it in whilst there is still some money left in it :'( I'm defiantly going to miss it but with all the lil problems I was using it less and less.

That's a shame :) You can also push the file directly through ADB is you know how to use that and don't have clockwork installed? Or you could grab the file out of the ZIP and just put it in the right place directly on your Vega if you want :D It just goes in /system/framework and it doesn't replace anything on R8 as the file isn't currently there (hence no cursor :)).

I'll have a look into AAC streaming for you if you would like? Do you have an example website? Also, what ROM did it last work on?

Guest debs626
That's a shame :) You can also push the file directly through ADB is you know how to use that and don't have clockwork installed? Or you could grab the file out of the ZIP and just put it in the right place directly on your Vega if you want :D It just goes in /system/framework and it doesn't replace anything on R8 as the file isn't currently there (hence no cursor :)).

I'll have a look into AAC streaming for you if you would like? Do you have an example website? Also, what ROM did it last work on?

Thats really kind of you Newbe5 .... I'm not 100% sure when it last worked but I have downgraded 1 by 1 each Vega update and even on the original 1.02 (the version it had on when I purchased it) AAC streaming wont work .... however I can stream the internet radio station via yxplayer but obviously - thats primarily a video player (in full screen) so I cant do anything else on the vega whilst its streaming :)

The dev's of the xiialive player were looking into it but I haven't had any reply as of yet. All internet AAC radio streamer apps work perfectly on my phone (android 2.1) but something is broke in 2.2 (vega)

I'll PM you the Stream url so you can test it :D

Guest debs626

I've just noticed this reply to my query on the xiia support page

Thanks for the logs. In your case I see you are running a custom ROM "MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega r7". Could be an issue with that particular ROM. From the logs I can see that the Android Media Framework is sending a signal that it completed playback, which is wrong. I'll see if I can send you a different version of the app so that I can see more log message output and determine if it's a bug in our app or actual Android OS.

I subscribe to that thread but didn't get any notification of the reply and also I haven't heard anything from them since

http://xiialive.userecho.com/feedback/5483...-froyo-upgrade/

Edited by debs626

Guest stevesilk51

Thanks Newbe5,

Just used "Root Explorer" to copy/paste the com.nvidia.display.rar file (after using androzip to extract) to sytem/framework.

Cursor Back.

BTW : Having the mouse/cursor is very useful if you intend running via HMDI to a large screen LCD TV as you can look at the LCD TV screen to navigate with a cursor which you cannot without one, .... not sure if I'm making sense there?

Guest tylordurton
Thank you so much for the java file of the cursor, it works perfectly...

Any suggestions guys, I have tried copying andmoving the "com.nvidia.graphics.jar" file to system/framework but it simply won't allow me to do so. I have tried using i file manager / android wifi manager andES File explorer!

Guest stevesilk51
Any suggestions guys, I have tried copying andmoving the "com.nvidia.graphics.jar" file to system/framework but it simply won't allow me to do so. I have tried using i file manager / android wifi manager andES File explorer!

I used "Root Explorer" to copy/paste "com.nvidia.graphics.jar" file. Download it from market

Regards

Steve

Guest tylordurton
I used "Root Explorer" to copy/paste "com.nvidia.graphics.jar" file. Download it from market

Regards

Steve

£2.50 just to move a file into a folder seems a litle pricy to me!

Any other options?

Guest tylordurton
I don't want to make spanish advertising..but, Have you tried to search root expl......in the maniahtc???(right to left).....Do you understand me???

I don't understand - what is maniahtc?

I simply went to the android market and searched for root explorer, found it but it costs's £2.50, I would perfer to find a way to move the file that desnt cst me etxra cash, it really should not be that hard to move/copy files from one location to the next!