• Devices:orange san fransisco/zte blade
how do i just download the black circle batt mod only? :P

limawhiskey

limawhiskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Enjoying these themes, thanks!

I have a request, if you get a chance - Gingerbread Thin Circle with a more textured notification overlay, as seen in Blue Gingerbread. It just helps give that extra definition between the notification screen and an underlying app and stops me getting confused when I tap and nothing happens! :P

Also if I pick a custom wallpaper, how do I get back to the theme's wallpaper?

DominicA

DominicA

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Well done Frankish!

Any chance you could post the wallpapers to get rid of the problem in the post above?

Thanks

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

Enjoying these themes, thanks!

I have a request, if you get a chance - Gingerbread Thin Circle with a more textured notification overlay, as seen in Blue Gingerbread. It just helps give that extra definition between the notification screen and an underlying app and stops me getting confused when I tap and nothing happens! :P

Also if I pick a custom wallpaper, how do I get back to the theme's wallpaper?

I wasn't aware there was a difference i thought i used the same image for all of the gingerbread themes.

I will upload a wallpaper pack of all wallpapers in the screenshots.

All themes should now work with modded Music.apk too. I personally flash all 3 supported roms and tested 2 different themes form each one. All worked fine.

wishmasterf

wishmasterf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I wasn't aware there was a difference i thought i used the same image for all of the gingerbread themes.

I will upload a wallpaper pack of all wallpapers in the screenshots.

All themes should now work with modded Music.apk too. I personally flash all 3 supported roms and tested 2 different themes form each one. All worked fine.

are the themes compatible with r8a of FB rom?

cjp666

cjp666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade
Frankish you are the man!

Just installed the gingerbread blue circle mod and love it. Very cool!

Thanks for all you work on the these themes

Posted Image

Comforter

Comforter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Fran
Thank you for putting together the themes! Could you add the GenX theme (the blue one) to the FLB download section?

Tobriand

Tobriand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Lovely themes! I've been using the Galaxy S one on JJ9 (%age battery, dark notification, but not black) for a while now. Having touble changing it though - reflashed with TrueGengerbread (because of the black menus, which my flash of the Galaxy S one didn't have, despite having the white text)... and nothing changed.

Being on 0x90's mod, I figured this was because I'd removed the services.jar. So I reflashed with Stock (as is), intending to re-mod it later. And on loading, I still had the Galaxy S theme.

Anyone have any idea why this might be? I'm about to do a reflash, but it might be useful to know in the future.

Flashed files:
- JJ9
- HWUI addon
- Clock addon
- Galaxy S theme
- 0x90's mod (2.3)
------ Weeks pass; menus are white text on white background but icons make them semi-usable -----
- 0x90's mod (Final)
- Galaxy S theme (minus services.jar - just in case the white menus are now black)
- TrueGingerbread (Thin circle) (no services.jar)
- Stock (with services.jar)

About to try a JJ reflash; initially without wiping data, and then with (I figure updating to the same rom shouldn't need a data wipe, though I may be wrong).

Regardless, thanks for the themes muchly! They kinda rock!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Lovely themes! I've been using the Galaxy S one on JJ9 (%age battery, dark notification, but not black) for a while now. Having touble changing it though - reflashed with TrueGengerbread (because of the black menus, which my flash of the Galaxy S one didn't have, despite having the white text)... and nothing changed.

Being on 0x90's mod, I figured this was because I'd removed the services.jar. So I reflashed with Stock (as is), intending to re-mod it later. And on loading, I still had the Galaxy S theme.

Anyone have any idea why this might be? I'm about to do a reflash, but it might be useful to know in the future.

Flashed files:
- JJ9
- HWUI addon
- Clock addon
- Galaxy S theme
- 0x90's mod (2.3)
------ Weeks pass; menus are white text on white background but icons make them semi-usable -----
- 0x90's mod (Final)
- Galaxy S theme (minus services.jar - just in case the white menus are now black)
- TrueGingerbread (Thin circle) (no services.jar)
- Stock (with services.jar)

About to try a JJ reflash; initially without wiping data, and then with (I figure updating to the same rom shouldn't need a data wipe, though I may be wrong).

Regardless, thanks for the themes muchly! They kinda rock!

What recovery are you using?

@Comforter That theme is there it is just GenX with nothing else in the name.

ocho

ocho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm new to theming. How to get started? How to install...? Please put some links or something in your FAQ. Thanks :P

I'm running JJellyfish RLS9.

Edited by ocho, 13 February 2011 - 11:54 AM.

Nuuna

Nuuna

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:-

Great themes and great idea with the unified topic.

I tried the galaxy s theme for JJR9 and the menu button menu's are white with white fonts. The Icon's are gray as they are supposed to be, but the fonts are not. Either way great port!

i have that same problem... Would you like to fix that because thats very cool theme:)

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Andy Pad Pro
  • Twitter:@varuncjain
Awesome themes. Have used Blue Gingerbread extensively and totally love it. Love the transparent Notifications menu for all themes. Great work Frankish.
Btw, I happened to use MNML Theme with MCR r12 yesterday and for the first time I noticed black-on-black notifications for some apps like Beautiful Widgets/SIPDroid, etc. Other notifications like USB Debugging Mode etc. were properly white-on-black.
I am taking a look at the Theming tutorial by Frankish to understand what could be changed, but I've still not hit the bullseye... I have highlighted them with a red-box in the png below...
well otherwise the phone looks pretty slick now...

Attached File  r12_MCR_MNML_Theme.png   63.53KB   20 downloadsAttached File  r12_MCR_MNML_Theme_Notifications.png   81.45KB   19 downloadsg]

limawhiskey

limawhiskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I wasn't aware there was a difference i thought i used the same image for all of the gingerbread theme.

Sorry, it is the same. The "texture" is in the wallpaper, I mistakenly thought that was part of the overlay.

Thanks for uploading the wallpapers.

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp
this topic should be pinned :P

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Awesome themes. Have used Blue Gingerbread extensively and totally love it. Love the transparent Notifications menu for all themes. Great work Frankish.
Btw, I happened to use MNML Theme with MCR r12 yesterday and for the first time I noticed black-on-black notifications for some apps like Beautiful Widgets/SIPDroid, etc. Other notifications like USB Debugging Mode etc. were properly white-on-black.
I am taking a look at the Theming tutorial by Frankish to understand what could be changed, but I've still not hit the bullseye... I have highlighted them with a red-box in the png below...
well otherwise the phone looks pretty slick now...

Attached File  r12_MCR_MNML_Theme.png   63.53KB   20 downloadsAttached File  r12_MCR_MNML_Theme_Notifications.png   81.45KB   19 downloads

I have answered this in a PM but want to answer this here for others to see.

The above notifications are personally controlled by the individual apps, this means to fix them you would have to decompile and manually change the text colour for each app and possibly for each update to that app too.

Alternatively we could use a light background for the notification section but how much would that damage the integrity of the themes appearance... Looks vs functionality...

Functionality generally wins...

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Functionality wins however i think the MNML theme at least doesn't look too bad with the light notification backgrounds. This will also reduce the .zip size as i could remove the DownloadProvider.apk and Music.apk from themes. The other themes i will probably change to the Gingerbread style background where appropriate rather than flat white.

Does it look ok to you guys? At the end of the day functionality should win though.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Does it look ok to you guys? At the end of the day functionality should win though.

I just asked a question and you already have a solution for me! and here I was ready with apktool and everything ready to sift my way through the framework-res.apk to find and replace the light background related files from your MCR Desire Sense theme!

respect dude, respect! thanks so much... total white doesn't look all that bad, but if you notice the ADW Minimal theme I have been using in my Blade in my previous post, the general concept is white-over-black... keeping that in mind, I think the Desire Sense theme concept i.e. white-over-grey would be a better replacement for your MNML theme, what say? cause black-over-grey isn't at all bad as we can see in the Gingerbread themes... what say?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

I just asked a question and you already have a solution for me! and here I was ready with apktool and everything ready to sift my way through the framework-res.apk to find and replace the light background related files from your MCR Desire Sense theme!

respect dude, respect! thanks so much... total white doesn't look all that bad, but if you notice the ADW Minimal theme I have been using in my Blade in my previous post, the general concept is white-over-black... keeping that in mind, I think the Desire Sense theme concept i.e. white-over-grey would be a better replacement for your MNML theme, what say? cause black-over-grey isn't at all bad as we can see in the Gingerbread themes... what say?

You have headfucked me there mate...what are you asking for? All i have done is gone to default text colour and used Desire Sense white backgrounds.

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

You have headfucked me there mate...what are you asking for? All i have done is gone to default text colour and used Desire Sense white backgrounds.

oh boy! sorry about that... well nevermind... this is awesome in itself... I'll totally take it... please update the MNML theme with this change... thanks!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

oh boy! sorry about that... well nevermind... this is awesome in itself... I'll totally take it... please update the MNML theme with this change... thanks!

It's ok bud i just didn't quite understand it. Did you mean you want the background grey instead of white? I'll upload the current changes now, i have done all 3 roms MNML themes to look like the above screenshot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users