270 replies to this topic

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Andy Pad Pro
  • Twitter:@varuncjain

It's ok bud i just didn't quite understand it. Did you mean you want the background grey instead of white? I'll upload the current changes now, i have done all 3 roms MNML themes to look like the above screenshot.

ya exactly... I just thought that the white background is a bit too glaring... a grey bg wouldn't be a good fit in a MNML theme, but it would be easier on the eyes... and also a grey bg is good for both white/black text...

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

ya exactly... I just thought that the white background is a bit too glaring... a grey bg wouldn't be a good fit in a MNML theme, but it would be easier on the eyes... and also a grey bg is good for both white/black text...

I suppose but i honestly think it looks ok on screen. Try it out we will see how it goes for people.

MNML now uploaded for all three roms. All text should be visible.

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
something got messed up with the MCR MNML theme! it looks like the stock theme now... this is what I have... and sorry but the white is too white... I really think grey would be better suited... can we? please?

Attached File  r12_MCR_MNML_Theme_bugged.png   78.33KB   27 downloads

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
:P

Yeah i noticed that. Fixing a LOT of things at once so i might have missed bits. I'll let you know when i have uploaded ANOTHER FIX just as it is for now. Then i'll look at refining.

yantak

yantak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

@Comforter That theme is there it is just GenX with nothing else in the name.

Thanks for your work, i dont see the genx blue for FLB too.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Thanks for your work, i dont see the genx blue for FLB too.

Doh. That will be uploaded with the rest of the changes i have made.

muluman

muluman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Knowinghow pro you are atthemes, i was wondering if it was possible to create some cm7 themes like the honeybread theme, that would be well awesome

Poodha

Poodha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Just noticed that my GPS icon in the notification bar is gone. Is this a known issue with these themes(I'm using the Gingerbread Circular for JJ)? Any way of getting it back? It's quite useful since I usually drain my batteries on the gps otherwise.

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Huawei U8800

Just noticed that my GPS icon in the notification bar is gone. Is this a known issue with these themes(I'm using the Gingerbread Circular for JJ)? Any way of getting it back? It's quite useful since I usually drain my batteries on the gps otherwise.

GPS icon disappears if nothing is using GPS. If something uses GPS it comes back.

aggregator

aggregator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi Frankish,

Can you make a ThinCircle mod for FLB Elegant Steel Theme?
Thanks.

shakerist

shakerist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE OLED
  • Twitter:@-
Er sorry for the noobish question but how do i get the orginal wallpaper back of the blue gingerbread theme that sort of blue firery thing after titanitum backup restore it went away to my old wall paper of when i was using 2.1 or could you just upload it?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Er sorry for the noobish question but how do i get the orginal wallpaper back of the blue gingerbread theme that sort of blue firery thing after titanitum backup restore it went away to my old wall paper of when i was using 2.1 or could you just upload it?

Post 3, FAQ there is a link to wallpapers.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
Big Change.

I have changed ALL themes that have dark notification background to white or grey backgrounds. This is so NO text is hidden/blended in. This means i have removed the modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk so the files are smaller. Some of you may think it doesn't look as nice as dark backgrounds but this is the only way for now to have fully visible texts. If you have flashed a theme with modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk you can download the stock files for your rom from here! Please take the correct version.

I have fixed the "Clear" button text in Galaxy S theme.

Fixed an icon in reboot menu for some GenerationX variants.

Fixed a lockscreen icon on Elegant Steel theme.

Out of 48 files i have today personally tested around 25 across three roms. I didn't spot any mistakes but please...let me know if you spot anything odd.

Edited by Frankish, 13 February 2011 - 11:27 PM.

Poodha

Poodha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

GPS icon disappears if nothing is using GPS. If something uses GPS it comes back.

I noticed that know, that there is a grey icon when I'm using an app that uses the GPS. But doesn't the gps still draw power when it's turned on in the phone?
Before, there was a gps icon whenever it was turned on in the phone. Now it just appears when certain programs uses the gps. And wouldn't the gps still be on if I'm using an app that uses gps, but runs in the background?

SqueakyG

SqueakyG

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
Is there a variation with a more obvious/colourful GPS indicator for Gingerbread themes? The grey circle GPS is the only thing I find disappointing about these Gingerbread themes. It's hard to see. I also agree with the poster above me that it would be good if it showed that GPS is active even if there is no application currently using it. Can Android do that?

limawhiskey

limawhiskey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Ask and ye shall receive...

Check two threads down: Change GPS icon? *Success!

You can see that GPS is on with the power widget, there's also lots of apps in the market that will provide an icon to show/toggle its status.

Edited by limawhiskey, 14 February 2011 - 01:06 AM.

Tobriand

Tobriand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

What recovery are you using?

@Comforter That theme is there it is just GenX with nothing else in the name.

I think 2.5.1.8; I hesitate to upgrade to 3.0.0.5 since I'm not sure whether or not I need the legacy update method, I'm sure I don't need the EXT4 support it brings, and the slower reported load times for recovery with 3.x versions pushes me towards compatibility over cutting edge.

NB though, I'm not certain; it says 2.2.1 Jesusfreak edition, but the mdasum matches that of the 2.5.1.8 file posted in the stickies, so I figured that probably referred to something else....

Poodha

Poodha

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Ask and ye shall receive...

Check two threads down: Change GPS icon? *Success!

You can see that GPS is on with the power widget, there's also lots of apps in the market that will provide an icon to show/toggle its status.

Sweet!

But that doesn't change that the gps icon isn't visible when it's on, only when an application uses it? Is that a Froyo-related issuse and has nothing to do with this theme? Cause I don't think the icon of this theme is that bad, just that it's not functioning when the gps is on.
Loving the theme and will probably keep it anyway. Not that keen on using an additional widget, my first homescreen is full =)

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Big Change.

I have changed ALL themes that have dark notification background to white or grey backgrounds. This is so NO text is hidden/blended in. This means i have removed the modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk so the files are smaller. Some of you may think it doesn't look as nice as dark backgrounds but this is the only way for now to have fully visible texts. If you have flashed a theme with modified Music.apk and DownloadProvider.apk you can download the stock files for your rom from here! Please take the correct version.

works perfectly now... I swapped my ADW Minimal theme for ADW Minimal Black theme to match the black-on-white concept of your theme... and it looks so damn awesome... thanks a lot! :D

Attached File  r12_MCR_MNML_white.png   63.59KB   19 downloadsAttached File  r12_MCR_MNML_white_Notifications.png   79.85KB   13 downloadsAttached File  r12_MCR_MNML_white_BW.png   80.85KB   20 downloads

Edited by rufree2talk, 14 February 2011 - 06:51 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

works perfectly now... I swapped my ADW Minimal theme for ADW Minimal Black theme to match the black-on-white concept of your theme... and it looks so damn awesome... thanks a lot! :D

Attached File  r12_MCR_MNML_white.png   63.59KB   19 downloadsAttached File  r12_MCR_MNML_white_Notifications.png   79.85KB   13 downloadsAttached File  r12_MCR_MNML_white_BW.png   80.85KB   20 downloads

No problem but if you have a specific request along the lines of something grey like you wanted i may have time in the next few days to fix something up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users