• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Solomon Wang

Solomon Wang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Viewpad 7
I can't download fm6_boot_v1.2.img now, any advice?

pikupiku777

pikupiku777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:viewpad 7
This kernel supports init.d?

zost

zost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:null
I've flashed this kernel to my Viewpad 7 2.2.2 stock ROM. The results are as expected, but ...

After flashing CPU speed sometimes and randomly downs to 7XX Mhz, 6XX Mhz or even 2XX Mhz. It happens after re-booting and it "normalizes" to speed of 864 Mhz only after another re-boot.

Is there any remedy? Many thanks!

Infernoken

Infernoken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I've flashed this kernel to my Viewpad 7 2.2.2 stock ROM. The results are as expected, but ...

After flashing CPU speed sometimes and randomly downs to 7XX Mhz, 6XX Mhz or even 2XX Mhz. It happens after re-booting and it "normalizes" to speed of 864 Mhz only after another re-boot.

Is there any remedy? Many thanks!

That's normal, the CPU speed will decrease when you do not need the power...
What the kernel update dos is increase the max. speed the cpu can run at, but it still will throttle to lower speeds when it does not need the max...

Good for your battery life and the thermals of your CPU...

You can set the CPU to always run at 864Mhz with SetCPU, but I don't see the need...

Regards,
Nick

AlanF100

AlanF100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

As a newbie I am a bit lost as to what all this long technical thread is telling me !

Can I install this ROM on a Commtiva N700 and get "better performance" (by overclocking the processor, etc..), and also get Flash 10.1 to work ?

Sorry its such a dumb question.

Alan.

flez1966

flez1966

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:commtiva n700

Hi,

As a newbie I am a bit lost as to what all this long technical thread is telling me !

Can I install this ROM on a Commtiva N700 and get "better performance" (by overclocking the processor, etc..), and also get Flash 10.1 to work ?

Sorry its such a dumb question.

Alan.

In a word Alan yes, based on experience from my samsung, but the guides were simpler and i have only had mine 7 hours... I apologise to the community for being so lax..

If anyone can point me and the gent above to a guide in toys'r'us speak I'd be happy to follow it, I have my spoon with bendy handle at the ready....

Edit:

ok had a play, i tried superoneclick but for me was a supertimewaste, only ever got as far as step3 and then just sat until windows said it had stopped responding, also the pad did too, while it responded to touch it was no longer in debug mode, as both the app and the pad had stopped woriking theres no finger to point and the superoneclick software seems to have worked for others so i dont think theres anything wrong with that, it may be adifferent pad version it cant cope with or something else simple, either way try it it may work for you, just didnt for me.

What did work was finding gingerbreak.zip on this forum, downloading it and placing it on the sd card, i also opened the zip and placed the gingerbreak-v1.20.apk file onto the sd card.

i unplugged the pad, used file browser to find it, and ran it.

let it install then choose 'open'
one rooted device.

Edited by flez1966, 27 July 2011 - 09:09 AM.

zwiebug

zwiebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Viewsonic Viewpad 7
any updates on kernel development? maybe this nice little device can be overclocked even more? :-)

JaredJ

JaredJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire, Commtiva N700
Hi

In some first topics here there is that this kernel support ext4 (so I presume ext2 and 3 as well).
I have tried to use darktremor app2sd, partitioning card in clockworkmode recovery but it didn't work, then I have partitioned it on the pc connecting tablet with the card. I couldn't create swap partition this way but ext3 no problem. So I end up with two partitions - fat32 and ext3 but again - it doesn't work.
a2sd complains about that it wasn't executed at boot so maybe the kernel doesn't support init.d.

Could the creator please answer this or maybe anyone else can advice on how to use ext3 with this kernel?

My tablet is Commtiva N700, I have rooted this and installed fm6 kernel from this thread.

jaredj

Oldbarzo

Oldbarzo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Computers (Home Builder)<br />Wargaming (WWII Tabletop miniatures)<br />Hacking and general modifcations to Mobile Phones<br />PCs and electronics.
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire, ZTE Blade (SF)

Hi

In some first topics here there is that this kernel support ext4 (so I presume ext2 and 3 as well).
I have tried to use darktremor app2sd, partitioning card in clockworkmode recovery but it didn't work, then I have partitioned it on the pc connecting tablet with the card. I couldn't create swap partition this way but ext3 no problem. So I end up with two partitions - fat32 and ext3 but again - it doesn't work.
a2sd complains about that it wasn't executed at boot so maybe the kernel doesn't support init.d.

Could the creator please answer this or maybe anyone else can advice on how to use ext3 with this kernel?

My tablet is Commtiva N700, I have rooted this and installed fm6 kernel from this thread.

jaredj

Hi Jared

I have the same tablet but am using a Viewpad 7 rom which is compatible. This rom (Cleanviewpad7 v1.0|APPS2SD|CWM) by skink123, available on XDA Developers, Viewpad 7 and variants Rom Development.
This rom includes darktremor apps2sd.

Hope this is of some help.

Stransky

Advent Vega CM 10.1 (Unofficial) Alpha 9b OC 1504
ZTE Blade (Orange San Fran) CM 9 CFX Coldfusion Rel: 15/06
Motorola RAZRi Unlocked, Rooted Homemade Fastboot JB 4.1.2
Commtiva N700 (FM6) Stock Rom w/tjstyle kernal overclocked 864Mhz
Orange Tahiti (Huawei Mediapad) HWMOD ICS Rom w/3.0.42 Kernal (XDA Devs) OC 1550
Nexus 7 Modaco r9 Nightlies.

JaredJ

JaredJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire, Commtiva N700

Hi Jared

I have the same tablet but am using a Viewpad 7 rom which is compatible. This rom (Cleanviewpad7 v1.0|APPS2SD|CWM) by skink123, available on XDA Developers, Viewpad 7 and variants Rom Development.
This rom includes darktremor apps2sd.

Hope this is of some help.

Stransky

Thanks, I will give it a try although I am very .... reluctant to change roms right now - you know, everything set up, installed, skinned etc. After installing new rom - everything need to be installed again.
Does this rom include swipe? I kinda used to it and it's as a stock app in N700 rom.
Can installation of all apps, skins etc be somehow automated? I think titanuim backup can do that, I must check it.

Thanks again.

Jaredj

riefvan

riefvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:CSL MI700, BB Curve 8520
  • Twitter:@riefvan
Hi,

Ice cream sandwich is here. Does anyone know if ICS can be ported into our Commtiva N700 / Spice Mi700 / ViewSonic ViewPad? I believe it can be done since i've read this article about ICS for Samsung Galaxy Mini. It has 600MHz processor just like ours. Source: http://androidspin.c...-sandwich-love/

I know the porting will involve many other things. I don't really mind if live wallpaper, flash or camera not working. :)

flez1966

flez1966

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:commtiva n700
I think the fm6 stuff is slowing up, shame, its a very very good tablet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users