11/FEB - Advent Vega - Firmware update with Flash coming

Guest MonkeyBoy451

Guest MonkeyBoy451

The guys on @adventvega have tweeted this afternoon that an update will be available today, that includes the certified Flash as promised.

There will also be a patch too for existing users who dont want to wipe/lose any data.

Hi all. A new Vega build will be up later today containing the fully certified version of flash. Details to follow later.

A soft update will be made available over the next few days for those who do not want to wipe. Again, details will follow once it is ready.

Guest rvdgeer
The guys on @adventvega have tweeted this afternoon that an update will be available today, that includes the certified Flash as promised.

There will also be a patch too for existing users who dont want to wipe/lose any data.

I'm hearing an echo!

:P

Guest brucelee666

For Info:-

Extracted the new flash from system.img (120.10) and tested on r8 custom rom.

Try to play youtube in browser shuts down browser same with iplayer website.

Play youtube video on but this time select youtube app works no problem video starts playing.

Goto ufc.com and play flash video on front page, plays fine in browser was a bit choppy with old tegra flash (120.1).

Just a quick test and heads up incase others have problems.

I've also just downloaded this and extracted the flash player apk. Don't have my Vega with me at work so will hopefully get chance to try it out tonight.

Hoping that this fixes the audio sync issues (you'd think that an audio test was part of the Adobe certification, right?).

Also has touch panel calibration app, (although alrwady in the latest MoDaCo ROM).

1.08 & r8 running smoothly, "if its not broke dont fix it"

Does flash video play properly for you though? I can't watch things like BBC iPlayer because the audio gets out of sync with the video very quickly (seems to get worse if I try to skip ahead to a later point in the video). I'm going home shortly to try this out with the latest update.

Guest terminaljunkie
I have extracted the Flash & Screen Calibration APKs from the system.img and they are uploaded to my Dropbox, links below:

Adobe Flash - libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101210_v10.1.120.10_release_signed.apk

Calibration Utility - TpUtility8_20110208_0.apk

Thanks for this, but just tested flash on BBC 1.08 & R8 & crashes Mirren browser every time a flash movie starts. Tried rebooted...same issue.

Back to market.

Edited by terminaljunkie

Guest bohemian100
Does flash video play properly for you though? I can't watch things like BBC iPlayer because the audio gets out of sync with the video very quickly (seems to get worse if I try to skip ahead to a later point in the video). I'm going home shortly to try this out with the latest update.

I also have sync problems with bbc iplayer with 1.08 & r8, the fault could be with bbc iplayrt itself as yuotube, itv, chanel 4, & other on demand programes work ok.

Well, I've installed this on Paul's latest MCR (just the extracted flash player, not the whole update). and as others have already reported, it doesn't work for me at all. Plays for about a second and then kills the browser (iPlayer/YouTube)

*uninstalls*

Guest wobblydoggy
looks like this newer calibration tool is better than the one included in mcr r7/8

Can anyone confirm 1.09 and R8 are compatible I just installed and seems to be bootlooping

Guest Ramnath

I got a chance to download the 1.09 and install.

The update looks stable. Was playing around for two hours, watching hd video, playing songs etc etc.

Quardant score was around 2250. (Just as a reference, before upgrading to 1.09, I ran the same test on paul's r8 and it was the same.)

This version runs smooth on me. It hanged for couple of seconds while trying to exit iFileManager. but that was only once.

HD video on youtube was neat, no audio-video sync problem. It paused for sometime, but I would blame the internet speed and not the flash.

Usb host/slave switch. Worked with my keyboard and mouse. However, after switching back to slave mode, my wifi wouldn't turn on (Wifi Error).

Market was a nightmare. I tried installing different version of Market apk which I had, but none worked

I had this issue when I installed it with over 1.08 stock rom, which I apparently fixed by updating the software. But doing so on 1.09, lead to boot loop. :-o

I didn't get any chance to install any launcher (AWN/Launcher Pro), s/w , widgets etc etc, because after the boot loop, I reverted back to paul's.

Bottom line: Speed wise its good. Flash is stable. But it still lacks the "Android touch", which is very much there with Paul's :-)

I flashed 1.09 and then added a modified (by me) version of the R6 addon pack which basically just added the G-Apps and the modified version of 'su'.

Unlike Rammanth, my Market is working fine :P

Seems quite good so far, still have a bit of strange behaviour in X Construction which wasn't present in 1.06.5, although it's a lot better than 1.08.

Also liking finally having a full-screen notification bar!

Still having a problem with the wallpaper not working properly, regardless of launcher and still not working with 'wallpaper switcher' or 'wallpaper chooser'.

I did notice that 'wallpaper chooser' is now also enlarged to fill the screen which it wasn't on 1.06.5 (this morning).e mar

Edited by OwenRW

Guest Ramnath

Hay there..

Thats cool. Can you tell me how you fixed it(market)?

Can you confirm if you have the problem with usb host/slave switching like mine?

Also did you run the benchmark ? If so, whats the quadrant score? I kind of doubt if they put in paul's performance pack in :D

thanks,

I flashed 1.09 and then added a modified (by me) version of the R6 addon pack which basically just added the G-Apps and the modified version of 'su'.

Unlike Rammanth, my Market is working fine :P

Seems quite good so far, still have a bit of strange behaviour in X Construction which wasn't present in 1.06.5, although it's a lot better than 1.08.

Also liking finally having a full-screen notification bar!

Still having a problem with the wallpaper not working properly, regardless of launcher and still not working with 'wallpaper switcher' or 'wallpaper chooser'.

I did notice that 'wallpaper chooser' is now also enlarged to fill the screen which it wasn't on 1.06.5 (this morning).e mar

Hay there..

Thats cool. Can you tell me how you fixed it(market)?

Can you confirm if you have the problem with usb host/slave switching like mine?

Also did you run the benchmark ? If so, whats the quadrant score? I kind of doubt if they put in paul's performance pack in :D

thanks,

I've attached the APK for the Market, as the one that Paul has in the addon doesn't seem to work.

I havn't tried usb host/slave so unfortunately I can't comment :P

The Quadrant score is around 1800, so not fantasic however in terms of usability it feels considerably smoother in use than 1.06.5 or 1.08

Vending.rar

Edited by OwenRW

Guest Ramnath

Ok.

I dont see the apk attachment.. Whereis it?

Keep me posted about the host/slave..

Strange how I got taht much of quadrant score. May be because I didnt have any "extra" apps installed apart from flash (which was pre shipped) and usb host/slave?

I've attached the APK for the Market, as the one that Paul has in the addon doesn't seem to work.

I havn't tried usb host/slave so unfortunately I can't comment :P

The Quadrant score is around 1800, so not fantasic however in terms of usability it feels considerably smoother in use than 1.06.5 or 1.08

Ok.

I dont see the apk attachment.. Whereis it?

Keep me posted about the host/slave..

Strange how I got taht much of quadrant score. May be because I didnt have any "extra" apps installed apart from flash (which was pre shipped) and usb host/slave?

Should be there now... i realised after I clicked 'submit' that it wouldn't acctually letme upload an APK, so i've rar'ed it up and attached that.

Guest Ramnath

Just reflashed the rom and installed the market app. Doesn't work either.. :P

Should be there now... i realised after I clicked 'submit' that it wouldn't acctually letme upload an APK, so i've rar'ed it up and attached that.