15/Feb r8a -rc3 (1.09) - Now with MAP, and FULL Maket and Latest busybox

Guest Dan Holliday

Guest Dan Holliday
I can´t find it either, I restored it with TitaniumBackup, so I didn´t notice it until now.

Cheers for looking... I've just managed to work it out will release a new rom later, with FULL Market access.

Guest Dan Holliday

If you get frustrated like me having to type the fully qualifying name of your local computers into apps like VNC or Terminal

then there is an easy fix.

If your computer is called MY_COMP and the domain is called MYDOMAIN.NET then simply add the following line to the bottom of your build.prop

dns.net.search=mydomain.net

Then upload with ADB to your phone.

For this to work with CIFS or the mount command its a bit more complex.

You need to ensure you have /etc/resolv.conf

Edited by Dan Holliday

Guest wantage
New Rom Now Available.

Thanks for doing this Dan. it seems to almost perfect. The only thing i have noticed that doesnt seem to work is the screen calibration. apart from that great job & most appreciated. :D

Regards, Will.

Screen calibration, display brightness and volume setup are not working, no idea why.

I must thank you, Dan, for your efforts. You can count on me for further testing any of your builds.

ps. 2284 on quadrant benchmarks

Edited by lydius

Guest Dan Holliday
Screen calibration, display brightness and volume setup are not working, no idea why.

I must thank you, Dan, for your efforts. You can count on me for further testing any of your builds.

Hi lydius.

Good to know you like my rom. Please can you explain didplay brightness and volume setup in more detail so i cwn investigate.

Guest Dan Holliday
Settings/sound/volume crashes the settings application. Also for settings/display/brightness.

Cheers. Do you know if these settings worked on the previous rom

Hi,

Installed this rom earlier after failing to install any of Pauls roms successfully .. 'no space left on device' error every time.

So far this has worked flawlesdly except I cant switch usb mode. The kernel tag says slave but when changing to host mode it freezes at the switching screen. Apart from that great job.

Nelson

push: files/system/app/Settings.apk -> /system/app/Settings.apk

protocol failure

now there is no Settings icon, and the /system/app/Settings.apk says 'parse error - there is a problem parsing the package'

Guest Dan Holliday

Just got to fix your Screen Calibration issue. Have you used any of my previous ROMS? If so did it work on that?

Guest premieral
Just got to fix your Screen Calibration issue. Have you used any of my previous ROMS? If so did it work on that?

Hi

just a quick note Dan, is the screen calibration, volume etc an issue just with Lydius or with the rom as i am desperate to try it but technologically backward :D

thank you for all your work though , its people like Paul and yourself that make otherwise improbable things possible for people like me :D

regards

Al

I have used them all, but i really can't remember if screen calibration worked. you see, i've been trying several other custom roms beside yours, and i havent tried screen calibration on every one of them. i don't use s.c. normally, only tried it after wantage's post:

'Thanks for doing this Dan. it seems to almost perfect. The only thing i have noticed that doesnt seem to work is the screen calibration. apart from that great job & most appreciated.

Regards, Will.'

Guest Dan Holliday

protocol failure

now there is no Settings icon, and the /system/app/Settings.apk says 'parse error - there is a problem parsing the package'

Ah sorry, this is a problem with the way I packaged it will get this fixed today.

Guest Dan Holliday
Hi

just a quick note Dan, is the screen calibration, volume etc an issue just with Lydius or with the rom as i am desperate to try it but technologically backward :D

thank you for all your work though , its people like Paul and yourself that make otherwise improbable things possible for people like me :D

regards

Al

It's was an issue with the rom last night, but I seem to have packaged it wrong so will let you know when this is fixed. I may not be able to fix the screen calibration (don't know why it's not working), but I don't think that will make it unusable.

Guest HunteronX
It's was an issue with the rom last night, but I seem to have packaged it wrong so will let you know when this is fixed. I may not be able to fix the screen calibration (don't know why it's not working), but I don't think that will make it unusable.

The default one works - so maybe you could replace the icon inside it wih the current apk's icon (non-working one).

Guest Dan Holliday

protocol failure

Sorry for breaking the install. I've re-release the package, please can you have another go. I can't test it at the moment because I'm out and about, so let us know how you get on.

Guest Dan Holliday
Wallpaper fix? It seems small file sizes work but my. 400kb one wont save as wwallpaper just reverts to stock anyone else had this?

Ok this is very strange. I was trying to figure out if it was the launcher (Zeam) causing the issue, so I tried to set a 3mb jpg as the wallpaper.

This didn't work. So I then installed LauncherPro and tried to set the wallpaper but that didn't work. So I uninstalled LauncherPro and returned back to

Zeam. And guess what!!!! Zeam had now got the wallpaper.

I know it sounds very crazy. but it seems to work. Set the wallpaper to what every you want. System says setting wallpaper and then shows your the stock wallpaper.

Now REBOOT (Yep, I've worked in IT for 15 years, and this is what I ask you to do), so to recap REBOOT the vega, and Oh! Look you wallpaper is there.

I will try to work out what is causing this not to work correctly and see if I can fix it.

Guest wobblydoggy
Ok this is very strange. I was trying to figure out if it was the launcher (Zeam) causing the issue, so I tried to set a 3mb jpg as the wallpaper.

This didn't work. So I then installed LauncherPro and tried to set the wallpaper but that didn't work. So I uninstalled LauncherPro and returned back to

Zeam. And guess what!!!! Zeam had now got the wallpaper.

I know it sounds very crazy. but it seems to work. Set the wallpaper to what every you want. System says setting wallpaper and then shows your the stock wallpaper.

Now REBOOT (Yep, I've worked in IT for 15 years, and this is what I ask you to do), so to recap REBOOT the vega, and Oh! Look you wallpaper is there.

I will try to work out what is causing this not to work correctly and see if I can fix it.

It is due to the build.prop I believe as this is the only thing I added from this release

Unfortunately reboot does not work for me though it does show on the lock screen

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest Dan Holliday
USB mode change would be nice to work, as i've heard POV released a 1.09 ROM with Flash in the same time as Advent.

As far as I am aware the USB Mode change should work. If it's worked the load screen changes and says host mode. Is that not happening.

Hi Dan

I am still having problems with USB switching from slave to host mode. The screen informs me that a reboot will happen but then nothing, after several minutes I force a power down and restart check the kernel and it still says XXXXslave.

Do you know if there is a way to do this manually ?

Nelson