[APP] Liquid-settings v 1.3 final

Guest gnufabio

Guest gnufabio
Very good!!!

Is possible add the app on the market for easy update?

Tnx

Not for now...it costs £20 to sign up to the market xD

However i've found a bug, autostart does not work...we will fix it as fast as we can :D

Guest enrix835

Sorry, neither I nor gnufabio have an android market account. I'll ask for that to koudelka. :D

EDIT

I was about to forget to say that:

In this version we also added a check for dependencies (configuration files needed by compcache, vibration...) only when the application is running for the first time. This may be quite useful :D

We need feedbacks :) Thanks to all.

Edited by enrix835

Guest L0cu7us

i think it's better to store the sensitivity params on some place and reload them on every app start

otherwise an user can think they aren't applyed since on every run the program show always 75/75.

thanks

Guest jayziac

Can you add a quick paragraph inside the app documenting what these settings do and what the tradeoffs are, if any. What is compcache? is Vibrate the same as haptic feedback or vibrate ringtones? And sensitivity settings, what is the default low,medium,high values?

Edited by jayziac

Guest gnufabio
i think it's better to store the sensitivity params on some place and reload them on every app start

otherwise an user can think they aren't applyed since on every run the program show always 75/75.

thanks

Ok, i will add in the next version.

Thanks.

Can you add a quick paragraph inside the app documenting what these settings do and what the tradeoffs are, if any. What is compcache? is Vibrate the same as haptic feedback or vibrate ringtones? And sensitivity settings, what is the default low,medium,high values?

What do you mean for "inside the app"? Inside the sources?

However Vibrate is Haptic Feedback.

Sensitivity high is 25 and low 75.

Thanks.

Edited by gnufabio

Guest koudelka

Thanks.

Thanks.

It is working great :D good job! :D maybe we should remove noise option and just have 4 buttons to choose between sensitivity? might be easier

Guest gnufabio
It is working great :D good job! :) maybe we should remove noise option and just have 4 buttons to choose between sensitivity? might be easier

In the next version i will add the memorisation of the sensitives params. Then i will clear the graphic :)

It is working great :D good job! :D maybe we should remove noise option and just have 4 buttons to choose between sensitivity? might be easier

But that won't work for all, some ppl (like me) prefer to change both noise and sens till it's perfect for them. :)

Even though I use 25/25 right now, but for not so long ago I had to use 25/30 or I'd get random touches...

Guest dragonhk

thank you very much. great apps.

however,

1. it will be better to mention which rom it support. or which kernel. (i think stock kernel will not support some function like compcache)

2. update the topic as well. ^^ 4.3 not 4.2 i think.

Edited by dragonhk

Guest jayziac

Thanks.

Thanks.

I meant inside the app as in when a user is using the app, they should see what these settings do. there could be a help section that explains what these are, Or a paragph under the settings option to describe it.

Guest koudelka
I'm a noob about all these, but what is Compcache for?

compressing memory which gives you more memory but might take a bit more cpu power (you gain about 40mb ram, which for a1 users can do alot). I dont think liquid E users need it

Guest gnufabio
thank you very much. great apps.

however,

1. it will be better to mention which rom it support. or which kernel. (i think stock kernel will not support some function like compcache)

2. update the topic as well. ^^ 4.3 not 4.2 i think.

1- The app already checks if the rom is compatible :D

2- Sorry, it is v 0.4.2.

Guest elgubbo

1- The app already checks if the rom is compatible :D

2- Sorry, it is v 0.4.2.

on miui it says : error starting compcache (i do have the the compcache kernel)

you know what to do about it ?

Guest HustlinDaily

Weird, it didn't work on Sense. Still an awesome app nonetheless. Does pretty much everything I need.

You guys should consider adding proximity sensor settings since they work better in some ports than others.

Still. Awesome app. Add a donate version in the market (maybe one pound per download) and you should (at least deserve to) to make back the 20 pounds plus a good amount of profit.

Guest gnufabio
Weird, it didn't work on Sense. Still an awesome app nonetheless. Does pretty much everything I need.

You guys should consider adding proximity sensor settings since they work better in some ports than others.

Still. Awesome app. Add a donate version in the market (maybe one pound per download) and you should (at least deserve to) to make back the 20 pounds plus a good amount of profit.

If someone wants to donate he can do it from paypal. However when the app will have more features, we may add it on the market :D

For now i think the proximity sensor cannot be turned off, but the proximity sensor should work great with this new kernel: http://www.multiupload.com/1C75GT4JKI

We are working on these features:

* Ads block

* Sensitivity memorising

* Better UI

Thanks for your suggestions :D

Guest eiben_robert

Hello Gnufabio,

If I understood correctly I should flash first the OC kernel from rithchen and afterwards the kernel linked by you?

The result will be a kernel with all HW working (a la rithchen one) and with liquid settings also working?

Thanks for your work,

Robert

PS: on a related note I hope that one of these days we can get kernel which is a best of compilation of all these kernels.

We have now the rithchen compiled kernel, the kernel you mentioned in first post, froyo choco kernel in MIUI thread, truecolor kernel in other MIUI thread. And a lot of patches besides. Rithchen kernel got all HW working +compcache/swap/oc but battery drain is higher than stock. Roggin/koud/the pasto kernel does not have oc and swap. I remember a Koudelka post in truecolor MIUI thread mentioning that battery drain can be lowered to 0.5/1% /hour in standby.

Well enough babbling... thanks enough for your work :D

Guest gnufabio
Hello Gnufabio,

If I understood correctly I should flash first the OC kernel from rithchen and afterwards the kernel linked by you?

The result will be a kernel with all HW working (a la rithchen one) and with liquid settings also working?

Thanks for your work,

Robert

PS: on a related note I hope that one of these days we can get kernel which is a best of compilation of all these kernels.

We have now the rithchen compiled kernel, the kernel you mentioned in first post, froyo choco kernel in MIUI thread, truecolor kernel in other MIUI thread. And a lot of patches besides. Rithchen kernel got all HW working +compcache/swap/oc but battery drain is higher than stock. Roggin/koud/the pasto kernel does not have oc and swap. I remember a Koudelka post in truecolor MIUI thread mentioning that battery drain can be lowered to 0.5/1% /hour in standby.

Well enough babbling... thanks enough for your work :D

Hi eiben_robert,

You must choose a kernel to flash: if you flash my kernel, it will overwite rirchen one. It depends on the rom you have: if you have LCR, T&L or the stock one, you should use ritchen one, but if you have MIUI you should use mine; if you have a CM you should use koudelka's one.

However the choco kernel gets Hardware working, we don't need to use the stock kernel. OC, Compcache, Swap and IPv6 is already included.