You guys using the Defy......

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

Hey all, I'm trying to find out what style text input methods are available on the Defy and was wondering if anyone could let me know.

My HTC Hero has Qwerty, Phone Keypad and Compact Qwerty and I like to text with Phone Keypad, its easy for my big fingers :D

Its quite surprising how many Android phone manufactures neglect to include the Keypad method of input, I cant be the only person who prefers it.......

Thanks Bill :D

Hey all, I'm trying to find out what style text input methods are available on the Defy and was wondering if anyone could let me know.

My HTC Hero has Qwerty, Phone Keypad and Compact Qwerty and I like to text with Phone Keypad, its easy for my big fingers :D

Its quite surprising how many Android phone manufactures neglect to include the Keypad method of input, I cant be the only person who prefers it.......

hi have your tried swype. instead of pressing the keys you just swype your finger across the keys you want to enter

Guest nvkid909

+1 for swype. it takes maybe 2 or 3 days to get used to, which, if you're used to other methods, is fairly quick. It is personal preference but I find using swype enjoyable.

I know swype is technically an app but I've always preferred moto's t9 to other manufacturers. That & there is the user dictionary (in settings) where you can add your own words / slang.

Guest add.thebad

has sype

landscape qwerty

portrate qwerty

t9

i think the motorola multi touch keyboad is great and prediction is good on it 2 the best android key boad ive used

• 1 month later...
Guest hazi1964

Hi there, please excuse me for pouncing in here but I have just got myself a Defy and like yourself, like to use phone keypad for texting etc. I found on the market, one called (Even Better) Number pad and love it. It's not perfect and sometimes you still have to use the qwerty (when filling in username and passwords but not always) but over all I am loving it.

Hope this is of use to you.

Alison

Guest Diggedy

if im not mistaken the HTC IME keyboard will work on this (think theres a version by someone called Jonas). My brother was using it on his defy

Guest hazi1964
if im not mistaken the HTC IME keyboard will work on this (think theres a version by someone called Jonas). My brother was using it on his defy

Ooh, will have to give that a go, see which one I prefer out of the two. Thanks.

Alison