25 replies to this topic

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
Its a indexed and searchable library of books and periodicals since about the 50's.

Its hard to use on a phone, but its good when I need to lookup something in a pinch.

I'd get a tablet, but there are no nice Windows tablets out there, at least until 2012 says the tabloids.

cliffco823

cliffco823

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
I appeciate this thread! I am seriously considering the HTC Thunderbolt. Although the rumored battery life issues are scary. Althought the O2 has been GREAT to me. I am "feigning" for a new gadget.

Speak up! Speak now! Speak loud!
-8 2 3

odeveca25

odeveca25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
Im jumping ship to android as well, 2 years of O2 was enough, luckily it lasted that long. Now getting thunderbolt in a few days finally a fone I can actually surf the web and get emails With. I was so frustrated with the lack of response and speed that I just wanted to break a hole through the glass, hardly ever enjoyed using touch screen only made voice calls

Sb.

Sb.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Focus i917,i900
Just to add my 2 cents like everyone else.

Had an i900 omnia for 2 years, to be honest the phone was s*** but the constant flashing of new ROM's especially when WM6.5 came out made it fun as there was a fascination to have the phone run faster, smoother and reliable which didn't even happen at the end but the company here at Modaco made it a great experience nonetheless. Then the chefs slowly moved on and the old crew disappeared and I stopped flashing, then WP7 came out and I went to check it out cos it was time to move on, wow, I was left speechless as it was going from one extreme to the other and I thought should I as I wont be able to flash new Rom's and you cant change the UI and no file explorer etc etc the list goes on. A few months went by and my old phone was really starting to s*** me so went online to see the prices of WP7 and they were about $600-700 Aus for HTC HD7 and Omnia 7 or Samsung Focus, checked out eBay in the U.S and seen that the focus was selling for around $330 and ended up buying one.

All my worries about flashing,UI, file explorer and all the other crap I had to do to have a decent phone were gone.WP7 is quick,smooth and reliable, the only real problems for me are marketplace chokes up once in a while and the camera is not the best. It transfers files and syncs like lightning, everything that you enter is put in place and category automatically so there is no need for file explorer. The home page has live tiles and you can add or move things around as you please and change theme color to your liking and I don't seem to have a need anymore to change the UI as it looks great and works flawlessly as is. Everything has been simplified so you use your phone faster and less to do other things you like just like in the commercial .

Cant recommend it enough! but just like everything else, sometimes it comes down to personal choice!

Good luck!

pma7779

pma7779

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Windows
  • Devices:Omnia i920
I have seen the droid side and it is good.

I have been a dedicated windows fan and for the last 2 yrs I had an i920. I ran every rom on it that people created and customized it every which way. It was finally time to upgrade and I wanted to switch to windows phone 7 but of course Verizon didn't have it yet.

I went with the Samsung Fascinate. Damn is it good. Again, I am a dedicated windows fan but I have to say that droid is by far the best OS for a phone.

All I can say is make the switch, everyone.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I have seen the droid side and it is good.

I have been a dedicated windows fan and for the last 2 yrs I had an i920. I ran every rom on it that people created and customized it every which way. It was finally time to upgrade and I wanted to switch to windows phone 7 but of course Verizon didn't have it yet.

I went with the Samsung Fascinate. Damn is it good. Again, I am a dedicated windows fan but I have to say that droid is by far the best OS for a phone.

All I can say is make the switch, everyone.

Agreed, hey go to xda and put on the superclean rom 2.9.2 and you'll be even happier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users