Stock OC kernel V2 (for Acer based rom)

Guest rithchen

Guest toroseduto84

flashed the 998 version with compcache script i made more than 1400 on quadrant and more than 30 on linpack.

Great job!

Sorry for my english

Edited by toroseduto84

Guest rithchen
Hi ritchen could you please upload sources and your config somewhere? I'm trying to build a custom kernel for acer based rom since days but I got many problems with koud/roggin/thepasto kernels, since they are a bit too different from stock acer one..

I would like to build cifs module, and set clock speed to default 768000 still allowing higher frequencies via setcpu (editing msm frequency tables like phh did)....

Thanks in advance!

Attached is boot.img, 883mhz with lcr-f 2.0 ramdisk.. just unpacked and repacked with koud's perl scripts :D

headset works and also wifi with acer provided module.. great!

I use errmsg's patch, and it works!

Guest fear_factory84
PS: bluetooth can not be turned on. Same for you?

bluetooth works for me on lcr-f 2.0... please post logcat, as we could help you...

Is this based on the last kernel source released? This means tethering will work as froyo default?

yes, tethering works for me.

does it work with CM7?

no, cm7 has 3g vmsplit, acer 2g vmsplit, and koud/thepasto/roggin kernels are by far better than stock acer one.. if only bluetooth and camcorder work on cm7..

I use errmsg's patch, and it works!

I haven't see it, maybe I should search the forum... :D

I've created two update packages to be flashed on top of lcr-f 2.0. Kernels are ritchen ones (883 and 921), ramdisk is from lcr-f 2.0, modules are from lcr-f 2.0. Flash without signature check.

lcrf20_ritchen_883_v1.zip

Guest rithchen
After long waiting.........................................................................

It work well on my 4.003.14_APP_FET....

If you have a paypal link I would like to make a donation.

Thanks pal, I will go to Hongkong next weekend, maybe you can buy me a drink :D

Guest HustlinDaily

Hey fear_factory/ritchen, awesome work. Trying out the 921MHz one right now (flashing while typing).

When you have time, would it be possible to create a 998MHz one for LCR-F? Thanks in advance.

Guest fear_factory84
I attached logcat for bluetooth error.

Thanks,

Robert

this log is not too useful.. I can see that libbluetooth has crashed but I need the boot part of the log..

Try to power off the phone, launch adb logcat (it will say waiting for device), start the phone, and then try to enable bluetooth.

Please make sure your console has a long scroll history :D

Instead you can redirect adb logcat output to file:

adb logcat > myfile.txt

Guest thedicemaster

from what i can see, this increases max cpu speed rather than default?

if so, i see no need to provide different versions, because if your cpu doesn't handle the high speeds you could just set a lower max speed in setcpu.

Guest fischschneehase
from what i can see, this increases max cpu speed rather than default?

if so, i see no need to provide different versions, because if your cpu doesn't handle the high speeds you could just set a lower max speed in setcpu.

not if you use no frills;)

Guest Morris Lee

Awesome! Works with ext3 and all LCR-F stuff from what i can tell!! Thanks! (the one from fear_factory84)

Edited by Morris Lee

Guest elbartoo

Just flashed 960 on t&l, and it started to work like a charm but after a while, random reboot after random reboot! Any solution? SHould I try another CPU speed?