Any 2.3 ROMs around?

Guest King Mustard

Guest King Mustard

I searched for "2.3" on the first page of the "ZTE Blade ROMs & ROM customisation" forum and nothing came up, so I thought I'd create this thread.

Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 runs 2.2, but since Android 2.3 is out, I'd like to give that a go.

Guest Frankish

Seconded. Cyanogenmod7 is pretty stable now, usable everyday etc. It's like 2.3 on steroids. There is no competition.

It's not like they added a ton of bloatware either it's just...wonderful.

Guest DrEzkimo
Seconded. Cyanogenmod7 is pretty stable now, usable everyday etc. It's like 2.3 on steroids. There is no competition.

It's not like they added a ton of bloatware either it's just...wonderful.

what would be the benefit of this over fibbelsans 8a for example?

Guest targetbsp

It's flipping fast and has a ton of options. I guess most people interested in it are too busy playing with it to reply. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest IronDoc

Google it and I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff. This forum isn't the only place to get info :D

The extra options and customizability are its main feature really.

Google it and I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff. This forum isn't the only place to get info :D

The extra options and customizability are its main feature really.

1 question : does 2.3 for the blade have improved battery life

If it does, there's some flashing to be done!!

Guest jurrasstoil
1 question : does 2.3 for the blade have improved battery life

If it does, there's some flashing to be done!!

i'm on CM7 and i'd say that battery life is slightly worse compared to 2.1/2.2 roms.

Guest fonix232
i'm on CM7 and i'd say that battery life is slightly worse compared to 2.1/2.2 roms.

It is if you don't enable sleep mode, in Spare parts under "End button behavior". If you set this latter to "Go to sleep" then it hardly even consumes battery, I can now stay connected to the school's wifi network all the day (I couldn't do it with 2.1 and 2.2 ZTE stuff, it lasted 2-3 hours max).

Guest ThrashMan
It is if you don't enable sleep mode, in Spare parts under "End button behavior". If you set this latter to "Go to sleep" then it hardly even consumes battery, I can now stay connected to the school's wifi network all the day (I couldn't do it with 2.1 and 2.2 ZTE stuff, it lasted 2-3 hours max).

Now that's intersting....in its default setting the CM7 flashes the LED to indicate a missed call/SMS etc and keeps flashing it way longer than I've seen before....this is good! . I assume because it isn't going into full sleep mode?

Edited by ThrashMan

Guest targetbsp

The battery life in CM7 is currently hampered by the fact that the workaround for hanging up calls causes a lot of partial wake. It should be better once that is sorted and we can ditch the Shake app.

Guest jurrasstoil

I have it set to "Sleep" in spare parts, it still drained a bit less than half its power over night. I even did a Battery Recalibration yesterday.

I have it set to "Sleep" in spare parts, it still drained a bit less than half its power over night. I even did a Battery Recalibration yesterday.

guess ill wait a bit for a better version!

Well it is still a beta rom little niggles like that have to be tolerated for the time being until they've fixed whatevers causing it.

It's meant to be RC1, not a beta, but there are still a few things to iron out.

I've had Cyan's 2.3 on for a couple of days, and really not happy with battery drain, even with WiFi off.

Will go back to it after a couple more revisions me thinks. There are a lot of nice features in it, so think it'll be everyones fave ROM pretty soon.

Edited by jukkie

Guest hecatae

there's a couple of 2.3 roms kicking around for other msm7227 devices, should just be a case of roll a kernel, add correct modules and make an update.zip

the lg optimus s has the same screen resolution, cpu and ram.