[ROM] 22/feb r2: de-threed ROM for ZTE Racer [eclair]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

About RELEASE

This ROM is based on the ZTE Racer, 3UK_P726GV1.0.0B05 ROM, all the three branding has been removed, and any applications modified by three have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

Features

• Based on the 3UK_P726GV1.0.0B05 ROM
  • Optional over-clockable 2.6.29 Kernel built from Source.
  • Removed most test Apps, programs & data left over during vendor 'testing/development'.
  • Removed some ZTE applications.
  • Reverted to standard Android wall papers.
  • Reverted to standard Android Browser application.
  • Fixed default homescreen layout.
  • Added Live Wallpapers.
  • Added Google Talk.
  • Added Google Voice.
  • Added Google Deskclock.
  • Added Google Car Home.
  • Updated Google Maps and Street View.
  • Updated Google Market Application.
  • Added ChainsDD' SuperUser Application.
  • Updated Busybox to v1.17.4.
  • Added international APN list.
  • Framework-res and all ZTE applications re-signed with the Android Test certificate.

Downloads
    • r2_update_de-threed_racer_signed.zip - MD5 : bb609ac7e17d26b7a83bad252cc89c91
    • r2_update_de-threed_racer_ahb_overclocked_signed.zip - MD5 : e75aa7dc621221a9a741e87bc5e12bc8
      ClockworkMod recovery.

Installation
      CAUTION: This update will wipe your userdata during installation, back it up if you want to keep it.
      Install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:
      • Download the update zip above and copy to your SD card.
      • Restart your device in recovery mode (turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held).
      • Use the recovery menu to apply the update file.

This ROM should work with all models of the ZTE Racer, but not the ZTE Link.

Upgrading
        A wipe is required to use this ROM regardless of which ROM you have been using previously.

Reverting to stock
        A stock ROM image for most devices can be found in this topic.

Known Issues

• standard boot animation does not work with LDPI devices.
        • Camera will not work with Overclocked Kernel
        • Future development

[*]Fixing the issues people no-doubt find.

Kernel Information

[*]Information about the Kernel used in this ROM can be found on this thread

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Overclocking

Usually I do not believe in over-clocking for telephony devices, but since people asked I have included a custom kernel that supports overclocking.

To overclock your kernel, you will need to download and install the optional overlocking addon, you apply that over the top of the ROM in the same way you install the main ROM.

Once you have installed the overclocking addon, and rebooted your device, you will need to download and install SetCPU either from the Market (if you want to donate), or from this link (if your mean).

you should be able to adjust your CPU to get better results.. In my experiments I found that 748Mhz was the highest speed before the device became unstable..

STOCK KERNEL:

com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard.apk: 575

com.greenecomputing.linpack.apk: 3.909

AHB KERNEL at 748Mz:

com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard.apk: 662

com.greenecomputing.linpack.apk: 4.303

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest rickywyatt

iv tryed your rom is nog to bad at all but there is a bug with launcher were it anit showing the wallpappers just black boxs and could you change the icons to the ones like blade

Guest Sebastian404
Mine doesn't..

its never going to be the same for everyone, if you cant get it as high as 748, try then next one down....

if anyone wants to really melt their phone I can make a kernel that has even higher settings....

Guest Sebastian404
Yes, if you can do

And if you can build a kernel with swap ??

Sure, I'm just building one now, Ive packed away my Racer for my trip back home, so I'll not be able to test it, but I'll post it up later tonight.

Guest Sebastian404
Sure, I'm just building one now, Ive packed away my Racer for my trip back home, so I'll not be able to test it, but I'll post it up later tonight.

Ok, first post updated with a new kernel, swap enabled, and overclockable upto 850Mhz...

If your device caches fire its your own lookout really. :D

Guest Sebastian404
Awesome, thanks! This works great! :D :)

But can you port froyo? :D

A guy I met at MWC told me that Froyo no longer supports LDPI devices... I'm not sure if he is correct, I'll look into it when Im back home..

A better option would probably to build CyogenMod...

Guest atiatinini
A guy I met at MWC told me that Froyo no longer supports LDPI devices... I'm not sure if he is correct, I'll look into it when Im back home..

A better option would probably to build CyogenMod...

That's impossible, HTC Wildfire (LDPI device) has Froyo.

But CyanogenMod would be even better! We'll count on you. :D :D

Guest predo1306

I am new to this so I would like to ask you if somebody can explain me a little better as for the installation of the Roma. I currently use the rom from this post specifically http://androidforums.com/zte-racer/231612-...my-rom-mod.html http://www.mediafire.com/?evnlclp809ic7i1 this recovery and this http: / / www.mediafire.com/?vauiogso7rynq6v rom. I have to say that I have so far managed only the recovery mode to install any others I failed to install. my question is how can the easiest way to install this new rom http://android.podtwo.com/roms/r1_update_d...acer_signed.zip and how to install the second zip file. Thank you in advance and please excuse me for my desperate English. I am from Serbia.

Hi thx for the emprovement

Can u put themes? like in the rickywatt rom?

ah and the app that rickywatt has to see the weather and the news please :D

and the keyboard that rickywatt has in v2 rom not the android kyeaboard with the speak thing. the other

Edited by RHeLL

Guest predo1306

I managed to install the first zip file but I get just a clean version of three UK operators without rota without programs that install applications on SD card. and I do not know how to install the second zip file? Of course all I did from ricovery fashion however after rebooting the phone over there is no recovery mode

Guest Ang3l0912

Hello i tryed this rom last night few issues the market is missing apps which are still avaliable and widget issue my task killer widget doesnt display anymore but others may im using Advance App Manager if u want to look into widget issue also the camera app oes not fuction i had more test today many thanks colin

Edited by Ang3l0912

Guest Ang3l0912

Hello i had ago at fixing ur camera issue it only seems to be when the overclock add on is added im seems liek there some kernel issues but my knownledge is to little to go editing it Also i manage to put togther rickywyatts rom and ur oc one as one so atomaticly overclocked kernel but still have camera issue

Edited by Ang3l0912