lg gt540 2.1 upgrade help

Guest billy81

Guest billy81

hi guys

great forum :)

i have an android LG GT540 and yesterday i upgraded the firmware from 1.6 to 2.1 eclair on the LG Website (phone purchased from C/Phone warehouse)

Since ive done this the phone is crap! :D

Since the software upgrade to 2.1 the phone restarted and i was happily amazed at the new outlook with extra apps.

My problem is now is basically every time i open an app, i.e to text or contacts etc, the phone just hangs and it takes about 15-20 seconds to open an app! Also the touch screen is now a pain as i have to mainly keep pushing an app over and over for it to open.

When i close the app, the phone then goes back to the standard screen and the icons (my app shortcuts) dissappear then all of a sudden re-appear after 6 - 10 seconds!

Im really gutted now as its painful to sit and use, i thought it was spose to be an upgrade to make the phone better and run quicker! in my case its done the complete opposite.

When im connected wirelessly to the internet, when i close or try to open an App, although it works ok i always get a message on screen saying "Server is Disconnected, please try later!" (but it works ok wirelessley) :D

Has anyone heard of this before?? if so am i doing something wrong??

i now want to re-install 1.6 but apparently i cant downgrade! so im now left with this rather annoying very slow phone!

Any help would be appreciated

thanks guys

Guest despotovski01
hi guys

great forum :)

i have an android LG GT540 and yesterday i upgraded the firmware from 1.6 to 2.1 eclair on the LG Website (phone purchased from C/Phone warehouse)

Since ive done this the phone is crap! :D

Since the software upgrade to 2.1 the phone restarted and i was happily amazed at the new outlook with extra apps.

My problem is now is basically every time i open an app, i.e to text or contacts etc, the phone just hangs and it takes about 15-20 seconds to open an app! Also the touch screen is now a pain as i have to mainly keep pushing an app over and over for it to open.

When i close the app, the phone then goes back to the standard screen and the icons (my app shortcuts) dissappear then all of a sudden re-appear after 6 - 10 seconds!

Im really gutted now as its painful to sit and use, i thought it was spose to be an upgrade to make the phone better and run quicker! in my case its done the complete opposite.

When im connected wirelessly to the internet, when i close or try to open an App, although it works ok i always get a message on screen saying "Server is Disconnected, please try later!" (but it works ok wirelessley) :D

Has anyone heard of this before?? if so am i doing something wrong??

i now want to re-install 1.6 but apparently i cant downgrade! so im now left with this rather annoying very slow phone!

Any help would be appreciated

thanks guys

Try reinstalling your phone. Click the following link for a tutorial.

Link: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

Guest despotovski01
hi

thanks ill give it a go!

whaty does this part mean in the thread you sent me?

Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe

Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT

Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG

where would i find it>?

When you open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe, 3GQCT and DIAG are flashing options. Don't touch 3GQCT. If you flash your phone normally, select DIAG mode (if you start the flashing and your phone is turned on. If you flash your phone in Emergency(Download) mode, select Emergency. If you flash your phone in Emergency(Download) mode without battery, sim and sd card, select CS_Emergency. Don't forget to disable the LG USB modem!

How to disable it:

-Connect your phone to the pc

-Go to devices and printers

-find the lg android modem

-Right click on it and select properties

-Select the hardware tab and click properties

-click change settings

-Click the driver tab and select disable

Guest Dr.Alani
hi

yes thats wat i did......twice

im really annoyed now, i love my phone but its too slow

Don't be disappointed my friend, its a good phone. loool

try another rom. checkout Europe V20B or Baltic V20D.

Guest infernal
Try hard reset

home + camera + search

What doe's a hard reset do ?

Will I have to reinstall all my app and reroot?

Edited by infernal

Guest Dr.Alani
What doe's a hard reset do ?

Will I have to reinstall all my app and reroot?

The applications and userdata all will be erased but the rooting remains. If you failed to find the superuser app after hard reset, just download it from the market. And to check the rooting condition, an app in the market called "Root Check" can give you a good idea if your phone is rooted and if busybox is installed or not.