Walkabout

Guest kam187

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know the full version of Walkabout is now FREE on GetJar for a limited time. Go grab it now! No registration or personal info needs to be entered, just point your phone/tablet here:

http://getjar.com/Walkabout

sx1na.jpg

Hey guys.

I just made my first android game. Its called walkabout - the idea is to collect all the stars on each level, but as you walk the path beneath you disappears. You need to think about your route or you'll be stranded!

Feedback and comments on the market greatly appreciated!!

The market link for the free version with less levels is:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.b...2.walkaboutdemo

Or you can search 'walkabout' in the market.

Full version is here:

https://market.andro...ase2.walkaboutb

Video:

Screenshots:

ntsyQ.jpg

MN5Sn.jpg

qUvtB.jpg

TqMpk.jpg

Edited by kam187

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Downloaded the free version for my zte blade, got to the menu with the title and a "play" triangle.

My phone then froze and rebooted.

Hope this helps.

Guest kam187

@Mushroom_Lord: Try this new version. There were some issues with some devices that handle touch events a certain way.

Version 1.3 just released:

- Droid 1, 2 and X issues fixed

- Nexus S issues fixed

- Considerable in game optimisations

- Misc bug fixes

- Smaller file size

Guest princeotter
Updated to v1.5.3 - all reported bugs fixed

Been trying this out on my Advent Vega table. Works OK - no crashes. Looks good - like the clear graphics and text. Would prefer that movement is by touching a square rather than having to swipe. Also on the Vega when you start a lvel it 'slides' up the screen about a blocks worth so have to use the zoom function to show the whole screen. Music is a bit repetitive. But not a bad first effort. I'll give it a few more goes and see if anything needs fixing

Guest kam187
Been trying this out on my Advent Vega table. Works OK - no crashes. Looks good - like the clear graphics and text. Would prefer that movement is by touching a square rather than having to swipe. Also on the Vega when you start a lvel it 'slides' up the screen about a blocks worth so have to use the zoom function to show the whole screen. Music is a bit repetitive. But not a bad first effort. I'll give it a few more goes and see if anything needs fixing

Thanks for the feedback :(

Can you tell me which level does that? I'll try to reproduce it and fix it!

[updated to 1.5.4 - sped up menu transitions, and decreased end level 'speech bubble' time.]

Edited by kam187

Guest princeotter
Thanks for the feedback :D

Can you tell me which level does that? I'll try to reproduce it and fix it!

[updated to 1.5.4 - sped up menu transitions, and decreased end level 'speech bubble' time.]

Kam

It does it on any level (not that I've got that far :-( ) but maybe its deliberate as at the bottom right of the screen a left and right arrow appear when it does it.

Guest kam187
Kam

It does it on any level (not that I've got that far :-( ) but maybe its deliberate as at the bottom right of the screen a left and right arrow appear when it does it.

Hmm, in norma mode you wont see the whole screen, and it basically centersplayer. The left/right arrow is to switch to another player on the screen (you'll see that later!) A friend of mine has made a walkthrough if you're stuck on any particular level!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ObihoernchenDE...7B5EDABF6205BDF

First 16 levels are up... Does it look like that on your vega? or different?

Guest kam187

Just updated to 2.0.1, and unlocked a bunch more levels in the Lite version :D

More levels for Paid version on their way!

V2.0.1 is up on the market. Please try that one and make sure its running ok.

Changes:

- 17 levels in the Lite version

- Graphics re-rendered for brighter colours on LCD screens

- Misc bug fixes

- Wakelock reinstated to fix suspend issues with some slow devices

Edited by kam187

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kam187

Just wanted to let you know i've updated to 2.1.0 and now supports Honeycomb and xtra-large screen sizes like the XOOM :) No upscaling, native res graphics!

Guest kam187

Sorry guys it seems imageshack change some policy and a lot of people couldn't see the images in the first post. I have changed image host and hopefully you can all see them now :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kam187

Thanks for all the support! Walkabout crossed the 10k downloads mark, and is on its way to the 15k mark :mellow:

Try it if you haven't already - the free version has plenty of levels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JingleJo
omg! Walkabout is hot on the heels of Angry birds over at the Amazon App store!!

WmlvB.jpg

This game is awesome! Except the music for passing each level is kinda awkward...

• 5 months later...
Guest kam187

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know the full version of Walkabout is now FREE on GetJar for a limited time. Go grab it now! No registration or personal info needs to be entered, there's no ads or any other funny business, just point your phone/tablet here:

http://getjar.com/Walkabout

In case you don't know about GetJar, its one of the oldest app stores, and the biggest free app store in the world. They're offering select apps for free. There's some very big names there too ilke Gamelion (Doodle Fit), Konami’s (Krazy Kart Racing), Imperio, Handy Games ‘Guns ‘n’ Glory, Herocraft’s ‘Farm Frenzy’ and TouchType’s ‘SwiftKey X’.

http://www.getjar.co...ogram-explodes/

From a developer perspective they pay me a small amount per download. So please go check it out, its free for you, and every download generates me a small amount of money to work on my next indie game (even if you don't like it and uninstall it!) :)

Kam

PS. ignore the '0 downloads' stats there, it only just came out and those stats won't update till tomorrow!

Edited by kam187