Back to Stock. The Easy Way

Guest PCNemy

I made a package with all the original files needed (All files were downloaded from HTC and Google) and I also made the commands (for Windows only) to make this extremely easy. Here's the link to the package and don't forget to unzip all files.

http://kuldrive.com/host/n1/Back2Stock.zip

This is Froyo 2.2.2 and you should be able to get the Gingerbread 2.3.3 OTA update from google right away.

The instructions are in the "Read Me.txt". It should be fast and easy, I did it under 5 mins.

Keep in mind that this will wipe your phone.

Edited by PCNemy

Guest Peter sf
Gingerbread is comming for the Nexus One.

Make sure the bootloader drivers are properly installed or this will not work at all.

Let me know if it worked for you or if you have any questions:)

THX for your work - can you ad a bit of explanation: In what state has the phone to be, does it matter which ROm and which recovery is installed right now?

This is basically also wiping the phone, I guess?

Sorry forgot to mention that, yes this will wipe your phone and the phone has to be in the bootloader (you can get there by holding the trackball and pressing the power button) for this to work:)

Guest jango76

Thanks PCNemy, I've been meaning to go back to stock for a while, and your work seemed like a good enough incentive.

Notes:

Restarted to the bootloader, then started Fastboot on the phone to give the PC access to ADB.

Read the readme.txt in the download, and followed the instructions.

This brought me back to 2.2.1 (update1)

Same issues with limited APNs, so you may have to skip the account setup process and add yours manually.

System update downloads 2.2.1 (FRG83D) automatically, then asks if you want to install the update.

Immediately on rebooting, a second update is available for install, which installs and reboots automatically, the build number moves to FRG83G and the Android version is now 2.2.2.

All things working as expected so far - nice piece of AIO work.

[Edit: Added more detail.]

Edited by jango76

Guest yayau85

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks PCNemy for submitting this.

Could you give a bit more explanation how to install them?

Do I have to add all the files to my sd card or something? I don't manage to launch the .exe file (if it's what I'm supposed to do lol)

Cheers and thx again!

EDIT : Didnt check the readme file! Forget my comment

Edited by yayau85

I tried using the latest version (2.2.2) from HTC to make this process much faster but it would give me a lot of problems but using 2.1 would work just fine and just updated from there. Ive been using this for a while and it's always worked for me. Keep in mind that the first update will install an older radio which really sucks, I've included a newer version and instructions on how to install it. You can always replace the .img files with the Android version you want and it'll work as long as they're in the same folder under the same file name. Let me know if you tried another version and if it worked. Hope it works for you guys:)

Hi all - just so I can confirm. This is the way we're all getting Gingerbread? There's no rooted ROM or anything coming out? If not, why not - is Gingerbread that damn cool?

If poss could someone post a nice easy set of steps for noobs like me, i have no qualms about connecting my phone to my pc, using ADB etc but would like something simple that's proven to work before i nuke all my data!

Guest Aviatorboy

I have a feeling that this weekend, top-geeks will be busy filling forums like this one with N1-Gingerbread installation procedures.

Mr.Foo you are not alone, have faith.

But is it at a point where Paul doesn't need to make a kitchen? Surely not!

I have a feeling that this weekend, top-geeks will be busy filling forums like this one with N1-Gingerbread installation procedures.

Mr.Foo you are not alone, have faith.

Guest tropmonky
But is it at a point where Paul doesn't need to make a kitchen? Surely not!

This is when Paul needs to update the kitchen with Gingerbread along with all the other MoDaCo googies in it.

Can't wait, I'm currently running the Cyanogenmod RC1 CM7 and have a few issues with it. It's only 2.3.2, and with 2.3.3 you get webm support and I'm sure it'll be a little more stable being it's a direct ROM for the phone.

C'mon Paul, jump outa that Hot Mazda and get us updated Pllllllllllease! :huh:

Guest Turbocom

Great this worked perfectly. Don't use a crappy USB cable when you do it though - trust me. Also now I'm trying to update it to 2.2.2 but Google says no updates available!!!!

Guest Pegasus123

I tried to follow the instructions on the readme and also on the forum but I am stuck at the DOS screen saying waiting for device. Seems like the phone didn't see N1 connected to the PC...

I already installed the latest Android SDK and the Java SDK and I also followed your first instruction. What have I done wrong and what should I do now? My Android version is 2.2.1 and is using r21 MoDaCo Custom Rom.

You mentioned that I can install from the Drivers folder.. Am I installing it on the PC or on the phone memory card? Where should I put those files?

"Make sure the bootloader drivers are properly installed or this will not work at all." - how do I know if I installed properly? I am pretty rookie on this and anyone who can share some light is truly appreciated!

Thanks PCNemy for your tool!

Guest Jason Patel
I tried to follow the instructions on the readme and also on the forum but I am stuck at the DOS screen saying waiting for device. Seems like the phone didn't see N1 connected to the PC...

I already installed the latest Android SDK and the Java SDK and I also followed your first instruction. What have I done wrong and what should I do now? My Android version is 2.2.1 and is using r21 MoDaCo Custom Rom.

You mentioned that I can install from the Drivers folder.. Am I installing it on the PC or on the phone memory card? Where should I put those files?

"Make sure the bootloader drivers are properly installed or this will not work at all." - how do I know if I installed properly? I am pretty rookie on this and anyone who can share some light is truly appreciated!

Thanks PCNemy for your tool!

I have the sames issue.

I can get ADB Devices command to work but Fastboot Devices shows nothing.

Guest Jason Patel
I have the sames issue.

I can get ADB Devices command to work but Fastboot Devices shows nothing.

OK ignore mine is now working.

Startup phone while pressing trackball down fastboot will load. "Fastboot devices" now works.

Edited by Jason Patel

Guest Pegasus123
OK ignore mine is now working.

Startup phone while pressing trackball down fastboot will load. "Fastboot devices" now works.

I already holding down the tracakball and in the white menu with "FASTBOOT USB" but still the Kulrun is still on "waiting for device". What did I do wrong? Please help!

My White Menu (I guess that is the Fastboot menu) I have these following:

NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON

HBOOT-0.33.0012

MICROP-0b15

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0103

RADIO 0-5.12.00.08

DEC 17 2009, 13:05:23

FASTBOOT USB

<VOL UP> to previous item

<VOL DOWN> to next item

<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER

REBOOT

REBOOT BOOTLOADER

POWER DOWN

I hope all these information will be enough for someone kind enough to help me analyze my problem. THANKS MILLION!!!

Guest Jason Patel

@Pegasus123

Once you boot with trackball pressed in. Can you run CMD from your machine (pressume windows) browse to your extracted Back2Stock Dir then type "fastboot devices" what do you get? Does it just return with a blank line?

Guest Jason Patel

I know I am going over the same stuff again but this sounds exactly like the problem I had.

I was booting up with the method I know holding the <vol down>+<Power button> then scrolling down to the fastboot option and then click power on that. It would not work - I cant see any logical reason why it shouldnt as it says FASTBOOT USB.

I then instead had the phone off while pressing and holding the <power>+<trackball> everything looked the same but it works when done this way, on my phone atleast. Sorry if this sounds silly but I was up till 2am not able to get it to work until I figured this out and normally the simplest thing is the answer.

Any more details (I prob cant help but someone else may be able to) so unlocked bootloader? (mine is still locked) What ROM have you installed?

I did many things as couldnt figure it out I upgraded my HBoot but I dont think this is necessary until you want to install Gingerbread, but your going to have to do it at some point so no harm.

hboot-0.35.0017

http://android.clients.google.com/packages...t-0.35.0017.zip

@Jason Patel

Yes, just a blank line and back to the directory prompt...

Make sure the right drivers are installed. On your phone, put it in fastboot mode. On your computer, go to Device Manager and look for a "ADP Interface-HTC Bootloader" device and if you don't see it then the right drivers are not installed. Look for your phone in the list, and uninstall any current driver. Reinstall the driver from windows update (that actually worked for me) by choosing the automatic option when reinstalling/updating the driver.

Im working on a newer zip since it appears that google is not updating from 2.1 anymore.

Edited by PCNemy

Guest Pegasus123
Make sure the right drivers are installed. On your phone, put it in fastboot mode. On your computer, go to Device Manager and look for a "ADP Interface-HTC Bootloader" device and if you don't see it then the right drivers are not installed. Look for your phone in the list, and uninstall any current driver. Reinstall the driver from windows update (that actually worked for me) by choosing the automatic option when reinstalling/updating the driver.

Im working on a newer zip since it appears that google is not updating from 2.1 anymore.

@PCNemy

It works! Thanks for your tip to check Device Manager as I see I have a ! on Android phone and I followed your instruction to update driver and now I can see the ADP Interface-HTC Bootloader.

I am able to execute the kulrun and now I am update on 2.1 but like you said.. N1 didn't see a firmware update so I cannot do anything now...

@Jason Patel

Thanks for your help. Can you give me some instruction as how to use those zip files? I think I am getting closer as you see from above but still not there yet.

Many thanks for both of you, esp PCNemy for the great tool! I can smell the gingerbread!! =)

Guest PCNemy

I posted a newer version that will get you to Froyo 2.2.2 and you can update to Gingerbread from there. This is just plain Stock. Paul has already released his custom 2.3.3 ROM.

Guest Pegasus123
I posted a newer version that will get you to Froyo 2.2.2 and you can update to Gingerbread from there. This is just plain Stock. Paul has already released his custom 2.3.3 ROM.

PCNemy, thank you so much for your post and sorry that I didn't reply earlier. I actually use another way to update to Gingerbread and works fine so far. Thanks again for your effort to make it easier for us

Guest skearon

Worked for me - thanks

How do I root it now? :-)

EDIT: Found su.zip

Edited by skearon