• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Lupulus

Lupulus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Point of View Mobii
I think I have been going about this the wrong way.
Instead of building a new kernel, it's enough to just build the relevant modules and insmod them.
I have attached modules built for corvuskernel_02 and vegacomb 6.

To use them, copy the contents to /system/lib/modules and insmod the right module, then go through the rest.

Step-by-step:
Unzip the modules and copy the contents to /system/lib/modules on the vega
In a terminal, type
insmod <module>
(in my case, "insmod mcs7830.ko". Ju88a, I think yours is a dm9601, going from the vendor and product ID)
Unplug and re-plug the dongle
Type dmesg. The device should be identified and assigned a network interface.
setprop net.dns1 192.168.0.1 (which is the IP of my router. You could use google's 8.8.8.8 if you want)
dhcpcd
netcfg eth0 dhcp

Attached Files

Edited by Lupulus, 03 July 2011 - 06:42 PM.

xaboren

xaboren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

I think I have been going about this the wrong way.
Instead of building a new kernel, it's enough to just build the relevant modules and insmod them.
I have attached modules built for corvuskernel_02 and vegacomb 6.

To use them, copy the contents to /system/lib/modules and insmod the right module, then go through the rest.

Step-by-step:
Unzip the modules and copy the contents to /system/lib/modules on the vega
In a terminal, type
insmod <module>
(in my case, "insmod mcs7830.ko". Ju88a, I think yours is a dm9601, going from the vendor and product ID)
Unplug and re-plug the dongle
Type dmesg. The device should be identified and assigned a network interface.
setprop net.dns1 192.168.0.1 (which is the IP of my router. You could use google's 8.8.8.8 if you want)
dhcpcd
netcfg eth0 dhcp

Sounds great, I will try it first thing tomorrow :)
Thanks

ju88a

ju88a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
in vegacomb when inserting the mods I get unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter, which I believe relates to other modules being loaded first for their dependancies. I have tried loading each mod individually I can only get plusb and tun to load all others give the above error. I am currently looking to see what I can use to see what dependancies are needed to load these mods.

Thanks for ur hardwork Lupulus
ju88a

Muji12

Muji12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Hi. New here.

I have a ASIX AX88772 based adaptor. Running HoneyIce, which claims USB ethernet support (but willing to change ROMs if it will make USB ethernet work).

Plugged in adaptor in USB host mode, but nothing happens. Lights on device don't light up.

I tried installing the QuiteThinker driver pack for the ASUS tab (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1274656) through recovery. It says it installs, but I don't see the asix410.ko from the zip file inside system/lib/modules after install. And when I run "usb_ethernet" in terminal, it says "eth0: interface not found or invalid"

In terminal 'dmesg' picks up the adaptor and says it is there, but doesn't assign eth0.

There's a driver from the manufacturer on this page:
http://www.asix.com....temID=86;71;101
Description: "For Android 1.x/2.x/3.0, Linux kernel 2.6.14 and later"

I downloaded it, but don't know how to install these drivers. File list from the zip:
asix.c
asix.h
axusbnet.c
axusbnet.h
Makefile
readme

How can I actually install these drivers? Or if it's not necessary, how can I get this working?

From Lulupus' step by step:
"Unzip the modules and copy the contents to /system/lib/modules on the vega"

I can't copy asix.ko into modules, because modules is read-only. How did you do this?

Thanks!

Edited by Muji12, 14 May 2012 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users