FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

r11 is the last version of this ROM. Times have changed and we have a brand new official ROM to build upon. FLB was built upon the leaked Chinese ROM with it's many bugs and whilst I've tried my best to fix everything, a lot still remain. Since I don't have the time to rebuild FLB from scratch using the new Swedish ROM I'm calling it a day.

If you want to update to a rom that has all the features FLB provided without the bugs then I really recommend installing Swedish Spring. It's great!

Since the main FLB-Froyo thread is very large I've created this thread for r10 upwards. Please do not post about any bugs or issues with any earlier versions. Keep it on topic.

Main release thread will be locked and a new release thread created for r11.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

Current version: r11

Changelog

r11 - 21st March 2011

- Superuser and root fully fixed

- Custom kernel with BFS, BFQ, Smartass, overclock, CIFS, ext4, swap

- Google apps updated

- Notification pull-down widget modified

- ZTE Dialer version available

- Some system files updated to latest zte versions

r10b - 1st March 2011

- virtual operators shown on lockscreen again correctly

- Superuser and busybox permissions fixed

r10 - 28th February 2011

- Added lines to build.prop and replaced all WiFi files to try to resolve all issues.

- Split larger apps off into an extras zip to assist users with smaller system partitions.

- FM Radio app updated to 0.6 RDS

- Added NoFrills CPU Control application from XDA to provide easy overclocking.

- Relocated superuser binary to /system/bin/ and created symlink to xbin to try and resolve issues people have been experiencing.

- Superuser upgraded to latest version

Test Extras

Extra updates and apps that are in test to assist with various issues people are having

ZTE SmartDialer

This will allow people to go back to the SmartDialer which originally came on the phone. This will provide T9 dialing and the facility to input the ZTE service codes for proximity sensor calibration etc. Using the SmartDialer will prevent Facebook & Twitter contact sync from working.

SmartDialer addon (will replace Froyo dialer & contacts with ZTE versions) MD5 4DA998BC4BD2CE51220B8B77F4F97BCF

Froyo dialer addon (to roll back to the stock Froyo dialer & contacts without re-installing rom) MD5 E81281A2339D2A3B487A4BA8436760EC

You probably will need to clear the data for Contacts, ContactsProvider and Phone after installing any of the dialer packs. Do this through Settings > Applications.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

To get the ball rolling I'd like some feedback about the wifi in r10. Does it work OK for you? If you have problems could you post with your phone type (San Francisco, Blade etc) and state if it's OLED or TFT and 3mp or 5mp camera. If the wifi was flawless in any previous version of FLB or another ROM then please state this also along with the rom version.

Guest Nick Rhodes

As mentioned at the end of the last FLB thread, root/superuser is not working, for example I can't use the reboot app.

Wifi so far seems solid, will need a bit of time to see if my loosing voice connection issue reoccurs (on wifi connection after sleep).

Cheers, Nick

Guest Simon O

Thanks Nick. Have seen the root issue reported and found the problem so I'll upload the rom again.

Done. ROM re-uploaded and superuser working.

Edited by flibblesan

Thanks Nick. Have seen the root issue reported and found the problem so I'll upload the rom again.

Done. ROM re-uploaded and superuser working.

Hey flib. Can you tell us if we just need to move the su binary to /system/xbin ? Just downloaded R10 and it would be easier to move some files rather than re-download.

Guest Simon O
Can I do this update without a wipe? Currently on 9b. Thanks!

Yep. All roms will work without wiping unless I make some serious system changes which I will always mention.

Guest Simon O
Thanks but I just added the files to the zip manually. That's why I wanted to know.

Ah I understand. Then remove /system/bin/su manually. You will also need to update the install script so it sets the correct permissions on xbin/su and not bin/su

Ah I understand. Then remove /system/bin/su manually. You will also need to update the install script so it sets the correct permissions on xbin/su and not bin/su

Will do that. Thanks again :huh:

I am about to change flb R9b to R10, my question is, i liked a lot the theme GenerationX-FLB.zip, do you think that will work on r10 too?

Just to be sure. Thanks for all your great job! :huh:

i put it on anyway.... its ok the theme. Working great. And for me before with r9b RDS in radio didnt work but no it's ok!

Edited by zaf_4

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I am about to change flb R9b to R10, my question is, i liked a lot the theme GenerationX-FLB.zip, do you think that will work on r10 too?

Just to be sure. Thanks for all your great job! :huh:

No reason why it shouldn't :)

I like that theme too so when I find my cable and update I'll know for sure :P

Guest sto1911
To get the ball rolling I'd like some feedback about the wifi in r10. Does it work OK for you? If you have problems could you post with your phone type (San Francisco, Blade etc) and state if it's OLED or TFT and 3mp or 5mp camera. If the wifi was flawless in any previous version of FLB or another ROM then please state this also along with the rom version.

WIFI drops connection when asleep, seems to connect fine automatically on wake-up.

OSF OLED 3MP, FLB r10 w/o su fix :huh:

WIFI drops connection when asleep, seems to connect fine automatically on wake-up.

OSF OLED 3MP, FLB r10 w/o su fix :huh:

yes it was a pleasant surprise... its the only one rom that i ve been used that wifi connects fine when wake up!

Well done... :)

Guest Stevvie

Just installed this over R9A NOT R9B and just get the nexus one boot anim over and over for about 30-40 minutes.

I have tried deleting Devlik cache and wiping data/restoring to factory and then installing this from fresh but STILL get the boot logo. I have also tried a nand restore and still the SAME thing.

Anybody able to help me on this one ?

Guest sto1911
Just installed this over R9A NOT R9B and just get the nexus one boot anim over and over for about 30-40 minutes.

I have tried deleting Devlik cache and wiping data/restoring to factory and then installing this from fresh but STILL get the boot logo. I have also tried a nand restore and still the SAME thing.

Anybody able to help me on this one ?

Try formatting system partition in CW/advanced.

Guest jonmac73

sry but noob Q - currently runnning 9b & gb theme & circle mod, would like to try r10 to assist with wi-fi reconnects etc.

What's the best way to backup my current settings/preferences/apps before applying r10 and restoring them afterwards.

Or do I just apply r10 via Android root installer like I did first time (install zip from sdcard) ?

Also can I apply GBTheme & Cirlce mod afterwards OK ?

Thanks JonMaC