104 replies to this topic

Solidare

Solidare

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, SE X10 mini pro

can it work on ViewSonic Viewpad 10s 3G+WiFi version?

Hi richichen

I have only tested this with the Vega. I know the hardware is very similar and it runs 2.2 so some bits may work, but still, using it could prove to be rather risky, especially if you are not comfortable putting things right again. If you decide to test it, make sure to back everything up first.

It may also be worth waiting to see if anybody else is more knowledgeable on this issue.

Good Luck

Solidare

Melted

Melted

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One & Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@pmanosa
Many Thanks for this great app. !, I hope you don't mind I linked it in the spanish vega forum. Top one.

My devices:
Nexus One CyanogenMod 7 Posted Image Point Of view Mobii VegaComb AlphaPosted Image

ian webster

ian webster

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Tech, music tech, coming up with new excuses to the wife why I really need to buy _____________ (insert applicable)
  • Devices:vega, desire, epc701on 2.2
  • Twitter:@krakli
Used this app last night and found it really really helpful, many thanks to the author. I will be checking to see if I can send a donation.

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
works nice but i get a boot loop after installing honey comb framework

Edited by add.thebad, 26 March 2011 - 06:24 PM.

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

carl rose

carl rose

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Thanks for this. Very good work. I didn't know that there was a modaco 1.09 rom? Thought the latest was the R8? Where is this 1.09 rom on the site?

Infnordz

Infnordz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The framework tab stuff is a damned sloppy
  • unzip is missing
  • the adk files are put on the desktop
  • infozip unzip extracts to the desktop itself!
All the required files (i.e. unzip) should be provided and the batch files should be done properly and not use the desktop but a separate folder, to stop all the files on the desktop from getting added to the framework adk and stopping the Vega booting the shell, as happened to me! I had to manually adb the correct framework adk there, to fix it; so I'm not impressed!

Infnordz

Infnordz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Thanks for this. Very good work. I didn't know that there was a modaco 1.09 rom? Thought the latest was the R8? Where is this 1.09 rom on the site?

There is not a proper modoco 1.09 rom until Paul can provide a proper version, the 8a one is flawed.

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

The framework tab stuff is a damned sloppy

• unzip is missing
  • the adk files are put on the desktop
  • infozip unzip extracts to the desktop itself!
All the required files (i.e. unzip) should be provided and the batch files should be done properly and not use the desktop but a separate folder, to stop all the files on the desktop from getting added to the framework adk and stopping the Vega booting the shell, as happened to me! I had to manually adb the correct framework adk there, to fix it; so I'm not impressed!

It never ceases to amaze me how arrogant and rude some people can be, i dont remember solidare asking you to use his great work ? And on the point of great work from reading the few posts you have made you seem to think a lot of yourself so why dont you post something to prove it, or is it just easier to rubbish other peoples endeavours? :D
The whole point of a forum is construction not destruction so be nice

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

There is not a proper modoco 1.09 rom until Paul can provide a proper version, the 8a one is flawed.

You are talking complete rubbish.

I'm sure there is somewhere else you can go to annoy people?

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

David.m

David.m

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy s
  • Twitter:@torres76
I downloaded the file but my norton anti virus has deleted it straight away saying it is medium to high risk can someone please let me know if it is infact safe, have you done a scan after installing it.

David.m

David.m

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy s
  • Twitter:@torres76
I downloaded the file but my norton anti virus has deleted it straight away saying it is medium to high risk can someone please let me know if it is infact safe, have you done a scan after installing it.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

I would trust Solidare before I trust Norton!

It's fine...

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

beegee1962

beegee1962

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:HTC phones, Android, Japan, Softbank, Android tablets
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G

It is the visionary root application that causes your AV to delete the file. But it is harmless for PC and you need it to root the Vega. It is not a virus, it is just the way the app goes around the security of Android to root the device.

Vega Tools v3.0 is not infected.

JLCsan

JLCsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi there,

Do I need to root my new Vega in order to get the Market running on it? isn't there any other way to get it?
I bought this device yesterday and the market is the only thing I'd like to get installed, but as the Vega is at the moment I'm happy with the speed and responsiveness of the thing, I wouldn't like to do anything to it, apart from getting the market working...

beegee1962

beegee1962

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:HTC phones, Android, Japan, Softbank, Android tablets
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G

Hi there,

Do I need to root my new Vega in order to get the Market running on it? isn't there any other way to get it?
I bought this device yesterday and the market is the only thing I'd like to get installed, but as the Vega is at the moment I'm happy with the speed and responsiveness of the thing, I wouldn't like to do anything to it, apart from getting the market working...

Try this one: [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market]

No root needed I think. Flash the small taskbar only if you are on 1.09 ROM, otherwise you will get bootloops.

Anyway rooting does not hurt and is easy. With Visionary you can root temporary, install what ever you need, then reboot and root is gone.

Edited by beegee1962, 01 April 2011 - 03:59 AM.

JLCsan

JLCsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Try this one: [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market]

No root needed I think. Flash the small taskbar only if you are on 1.09 ROM, otherwise you will get bootloops.

Anyway rooting does not hurt and is easy. With Visionary you can root temporary, install what ever you need, then reboot and root is gone.

Just wanted to say thank you very much, Ive installed that add-on and now Ive got the market app, and also youtube, great :D
I also installed launcher pro and got rid of the quick launch bat at the bottom, very happy now, only problem is the wallpaper, it looks very odd no matter which one I use...

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
You have to get funky with the wallpaper. It's not as simple as plopping a 1024x600 image on to the background.

Someone posted a tute on how to do it a while back. You should be able to search for it.

Cheers

JamJarST

JamJarST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Just wanted to add my thanks for Vega Tools. I got my Vega yesterday and no matter how much I tried holding back button, holding power etc. I just could not get the Vega into recovery mode. Downloaded Vega Tools, set up the usb drivers properly and was able to install the Clockwordrecovery and was plain sailing from there :D

FrownBreaker

FrownBreaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Devices:R1
Ok 3 days of messing about with drivers etc... the I used Vega tools and I clockwork recovry installed in 30s!!!
I had CyanogeMod installed in 4 mins thanks to Vega tools!!!

Very happy!!

FYI I had problems with the Vega tools Modaco ROM (would download and then the Vega Tools said rom not found?!) - Was it me?

Solidare

Solidare

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, SE X10 mini pro

Ok 3 days of messing about with drivers etc... the I used Vega tools and I clockwork recovry installed in 30s!!!
I had CyanogeMod installed in 4 mins thanks to Vega tools!!!

Very happy!!
FYI I had problems with the Vega tools Modaco ROM (would download and then the Vega Tools said rom not found?!) - Was it me?

Hi FrownBreaker

If you OK the pop up message before the download has completed the extract zip command will run too soon. If you click download again Vega Tools will see the zip and extract it. Just the way it works tbh, hopefully i'll be makng a few changes soon and ill try and improve this feature.

Cheers

Solidare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users