change autoinstall beta2 from ext2 to ext4

Guest redzone321

Guest redzone321

Is it possible?

as some of us linux = not easy can we change the beta 2 autoinstall to automatically make ext4 partition instead of ext2?

Is it possible?

as some of us linux = not easy can we change the beta 2 autoinstall to automatically make ext4 partition instead of ext2?

open beta2_1024->o2beta->sd.cpio.gz->init

change line 142 / 143

"sync"

"mkdir.."

to

"sync"

tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk1p${e4}

fsck.ext4 -fCVD /dev/mmcblk1p${e4}

"mkdir"

This will probably update the ext2 to ext4, bud i didn't try it so far.

Guest Rufik
This will probably update the ext2 to ext4, bud i didn't try it so far.

Nope, there is no "fsck.ext4" executable :huh:

But please wait, I'm working over ext4 installer....

Nope, there is no "fsck.ext4" executable :huh:

But please wait, I'm working over ext4 installer....

yeah sorry "fsck" will do it probably, works in ubuntu don't know if it's integrated in the installer package

it's possible but i don't have time to do it, rufik seems to be working on it.

try what i told you, i would have to test it too. Use for zipping 7zip, not winrar or winzip.

Guest bufalo

Would ne nice also having -if there were a chance- some installer doing the installation from SD to MyStorage. Many people, me at least XD, are having trobles with manual installation to MyStorage and an automatic installer would be our way to test if worth or not

thanks

Guest Rufik
Would ne nice also having -if there were a chance- some installer doing the installation from SD to MyStorage. Many people, me at least XD, are having trobles with manual installation to MyStorage and an automatic installer would be our way to test if worth or not

thanks

It's not safe operation to shrink partitions, that's why beta installer is "SD card". You can backup your SD card easily, you can format your SD card easily, you can buy additional SD card easily. But it's not that safe with MyStorage...only for people familiar with linux.

thanks

follow my guide, nothing to do wrong..and everything is free. just costs a little time.

Guest bufalo

I was also thinking that installer to go with you everywhere and not to be PC dependant for each install. Obviously having made mystorage backup and those kind of things...

• 1 year later...