[LIQUID METAL] My build AOSP experience

Guest davidevinavil

Guest davidevinavil

Hi all, I've open this tread to share with all my experience in building from AOSP source for Liquid Metal..

At this thime i'm not able to build a working system, but something is appening..

I want first thanks Vache for is help.

To give a building system i'm using Ubuntu 10.10 with adb installed and other things..

To build Froyo you need Java 5, so open terminal and type that

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper main multiverse"

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-updates main multiverse"

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install sun-java5-jdk

sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-1.5.0-sun

Then type that

sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib libc6-dev-i386 lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev

Now you have a working machine to start

Then you've to sync repo

There is various branch https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/

I've choose that December 02, 2010 M7630AABBQMLZA40000360 msm7630 froyo M7630AABBQMLZA40000360.xml

So type this

mk dir aosp

cd aosp

repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b froyo -m M7630AABBQMLZA40000360.xml

repo sync

Now you have to wait a lot of thime because you're download at least 2 Gb of data...

After that you'll find in aosp folder your source file and other stuff to working.

Something like that

davide@rfc-1918:~/aosp$ dir

bionic cts device hardware Makefile packages system

bootable dalvik external kernel ndk prebuilt vendor

build development frameworks librerie_metal out sdk

Now thake a look at this post http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...d-from-sources/

According to Auxx said i've make Liquid Metal prelink-linux-arm.map

Here my prelink-linux-arm.map https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwYKbOD16O...3ZTNl&hl=en

Here my prelinkmap.c https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwYKbOD16O...lMGE4&hl=en

Make a backup of original preling-linux-arm.map and prelinkmap.c

Put my preling-linux-arm.map in /aosp/build/core folder

Put my prelinkmap.c in /aosp/build/tools/apriori

Then run make apriori

Now in theory you must have a Liquid Metal compatible system builder, but as i sayd at top, it don't work

After that you have to run

. build/envsetup.sh

choosecombo

That open a program that give you some option about what platform you want to build.

I try with

1- device

1- release

15- msm7630_fusion

1- user

Then type

make libwebcore

I choose to build only libwebcore to try if all is ok, but when build finish and try tu put libwebcore.so on phone and setting right permission whit root explorer, after reboot phone goes in bootloop and adb logcat give this error

W/dalvikvm( 1657): ERROR: Unable to find decl for native Landroid/webkit/BrowserFrame;.nativeGetEmbeddedHostNames (I)Ljava/util/HashMap;
E/JNIHelp ( 1657): RegisterNatives failed for 'android/webkit/BrowserFrame'
E/webcoreglue( 1657): WebFrame registration failed!
W/dalvikvm( 1657): JNI_OnLoad returned bad version (-1) in /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
W/dalvikvm( 1657): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown during Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore;.<clinit>
E/Zygote ( 1657): Error preloading android.webkit.WebViewCore.
E/Zygote ( 1657): java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
E/Zygote ( 1657): at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
E/Zygote ( 1657): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:235)
E/Zygote ( 1657): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:182)
E/Zygote ( 1657): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.preloadClasses(ZygoteInit.java:302)
E/Zygote ( 1657): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:579)
E/Zygote ( 1657): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/Zygote ( 1657): Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library webcore not found
[/codebox]

I'ìm pretty sure there's a mistake in prelink library, but what?

Any help is appreciated :huh:

here is apriori folder https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwYKbOD16O...lOTI0&hl=en

here is bin folder generated after make apriori https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwYKbOD16O...lNjFj&hl=en

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest vache

It seems like it's building for 3G if you do not specify VMSPLIT_2G.

You can force it :

Change lines 32-34 in apriori/Android.mk from :

ifeq ($(TARGET_USES_2G_VM_SPLIT),true)

LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DVM_SPLIT_2G

endif
to
LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DVM_SPLIT_2G
And change lines 27-33 in apriori/prelinkmap.c from :
#ifdef VM_SPLIT_2G

#define PRELINK_MIN 0x50000000

#define PRELINK_MAX 0x6FFFFFFF

#else

#define PRELINK_MAX 0xBFFFFFFF

#endif
to

#define PRELINK_MAX 0x6FFFFFFF
You can also add a local flags on the BoardConfig.mk:
 TARGET_USES_2G_VM_SPLIT := true

Make sure that it's using the good prelink-linux-arm.map file too.

Edited by vache

Guest davidevinavil

I try but same error..

But now i've a big doubt..

I'm using this boardconfig https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwYKbOD16O...lMGE4&hl=en that i've took from 7630_fusion

At the end of file there are these lines

BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x06E00000
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x05000000[/codebox]

I think that aren't compatible with our Metal, but how can make a proper boardconfig.mk?

Guest vache
I try but same error..

But now i've a big doubt..

I'm using this boardconfig https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwYKbOD16O...lMGE4&hl=en that i've took from 7630_fusion

At the end of file there are these lines

BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x00500000
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x06E00000
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x05000000[/codebox]

I think that aren't compatible with our Metal, but how can make a proper boardconfig.mk?

Those lines are useless for building libraries. It's not the problem.

You can have a look at the Liquid tree for CM7, it may help you to make a proper one.

Guest davidevinavil

Could be that i use root explorer to put library instead of adb?

Using adb how can set permission properly?

EDIT

I've notice that in out folder, apriori.o was dated yesterday, so seems that change i've do in apriori.mk has not take effect..

Now i've deleted out folder and retry...

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest davidevinavil

I notice that acer libs has the same prelink address like aosp libs in prelink-linux-arm-2G.map

Is right that? I mean that acer prelink-linux-arm.map is pretty the same as prelink-arm-2G.map except some libs missing or not prelinked

If is right isn't the same to copy prelink-arm-2G.map in prelink-arm.map without doing Auxx said?!

EDIT

Could be that i'm using a froyo 2.2.1 source that don't work on metal with 2.2.2 installed??

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest vache
Could be that i use root explorer to put library instead of adb?

Using adb how can set permission properly?

EDIT

I've notice that in out folder, apriori.o was dated yesterday, so seems that change i've do in apriori.mk has not take effect..

Now i've deleted out folder and retry...

Launch "make clean" before building again.

I notice that acer libs has the same prelink address like aosp libs in prelink-linux-arm-2G.map

Is right that? I mean that acer prelink-linux-arm.map is pretty the same as prelink-arm-2G.map except some libs missing or not prelinked

If is right isn't the same to copy prelink-arm-2G.map in prelink-arm.map without doing Auxx said?!

EDIT

Could be that i'm using a froyo 2.2.1 source that don't work on metal with 2.2.2 installed??

You can use the one from CA yes if addresses are the same.

@cache

seems forcing 2g don't work.. what do you think about that https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?...ae3a7ef4b2cb9bb

what neanche this core/prelink-linux-arm-2G.map [new file with mode: 0755]

Give it a try :huh:

Guest davidevinavil

What mean this ?

new file mode 100755 (executable)

index 0000000..5661f18

---/dev/null

+++ b/core/prelink-linux-arm-2G.map

I've to set executable permissions to prelink-linux-arm-2G.map?

Guest vache
What mean this ?

new file mode 100755 (executable)

index 0000000..5661f18

---/dev/null

+++ b/core/prelink-linux-arm-2G.map

I've to set executable permissions to prelink-linux-arm-2G.map?

Don't worry about that, it's not important.

I'm syncing the same manifest as yours to work in parallel.

Guest davidevinavil

target SharedLib: libwebcore (out/target/product/msm7630_fusion/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/LINKED/libwebcore.so)
target Prelink: libwebcore (out/target/product/msm7630_fusion/symbols/system/lib/libwebcore.so)
libelfcopy: Warning: DW_FORM_data8 is unsupported when sizeof (unsigned long) != 8
libelfcopy: Warning: DW_FORM_data8 is unsupported when sizeof (unsigned long) != 8
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_info section aren't in ascending order!
libelfcopy: Warning: Range lists in .debug_ranges section start at 0x508
target Strip: libwebcore (out/target/product/msm7630_fusion/obj/lib/libwebcore.so)
Install: out/target/product/msm7630_fusion/system/lib/libwebcore.so
[/codebox]

What means all that warning??!!

Guest vache

Tried the libwebcore too.

It doesn't work cause of imcompatibilities wetween the lib and the Acer framework.

W/dalvikvm( 1577): ERROR: Unable to find decl for native Landroid/webkit/BrowserFrame;.nativeGetEmbeddedHostNames (I)Ljava/util/HashMap;

E/JNIHelp ( 1577): RegisterNatives failed for 'android/webkit/BrowserFrame'

E/webcoreglue( 1577): WebFrame registration failed!

W/dalvikvm( 1577): JNI_OnLoad returned bad version (-1) in /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0

W/dalvikvm( 1577): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown during Landroid/webkit/WebViewCore;.<clinit>

I'm building the whole system now to see how it goes.

Guest davidevinavil
ot: sorry but why isnt there acer liquid metal dedicated topic?

are many phones but not metal :huh:

I think we'll have ours section when admins has time to make it..

Guest vache
ot: sorry but why isnt there acer liquid metal dedicated topic?

are many phones but not metal :huh:

Paul said last week that it should be created this week.

We're waiting for it.

Guest vache

Still building from this morning...

Have to fix many errors and make a proper device tree. I'll share it when it seems to be good.

Hope it will build something bootable :/

Guest davidevinavil
Still building from this morning...

Have to fix many errors and make a proper device tree. I'll share it when it seems to be good.

Hope it will build something bootable :/

I have to wait because I don't know totally how to do a proper device tree :(

Guest vache
I have to wait because I don't know totally how to do a proper device tree :(

I'm not that good too, compil finished, but it's not bootable. Dunno why, i'll have to investigate.

Guest davidevinavil
I'm not that good too, compil finished, but it's not bootable. Dunno why, i'll have to investigate.

Could be a point to start koudelka's device tree for liquid?

I'm playng with this